Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6031 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

We got the Chapel booked!!!  Yay!!!!  Ryan and I will be getting married at the Capilla de Nuestra Senora just outside the resort, and then head back to The Royal beach for our party (I'm hoping to have marichis lead the way...).  I can't tell you what a HUGE relief this is, and it's SO beautiful!

Question about makeup:  Any reason folks are choosing outside vendors over Sapzul?  Ryan and I are doing a site visit in a few weeks, so I was going to try and schedule a trial at the spa then, but maybe someone out there has info I don;t?

Oh yeah, anyone here getting married over Labor Day weekend?  Thats when we'll be doing a site visit, so we'll be sure to wish you well while we're there!

~Jenn

#6032 msglave

msglave
    • 933 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

Congrats Jennifer!!!!

As far as I know, the ladies have used Norma from Mac in Cancun, Fernando from the make-up pros or Adrian from Studio H/Waves. Hope you have a great site visit!!!!!

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

Hi ladies,

Has anyone used or is going to use a live band instead of a DJ?  Is this even do-able for a beach reception?  I emailed my WC asking her but you ladies are always so helpful, any feedback would be great. :)

msgalve I feel your frustration, however keep in mind that all weddings have turned out amazing!  I don't think I've read a negative thing from recent brides.  Also, before deciding on The Royal  we were in contact with many many other resorts and believe it or not their communication was even worse and some didn't even speak English, we would get Spang-lish responses and have to de-code them, it was ridiculous!

I'm still 8 months from my date so I havn't been contacting them too much lately, but I hope they get their act together for all of us.  Keep us updated!!

Chicago Bride, thanks for the encouragement. I know that all of the weddings (some king of way) turn out amazing. I'm simply saying that the communication has not been great, There are problems with current brides (even on this board)myself being one of them :-)  . Lastly-with the Spanglish (LOL)-I feel that some response is better than none at all.

As far as the band goes, I personally haven't heard anyone use one outside of mariachi. Good luck-hope it all works out for you!

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#6033 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

RB, I think Dianne's sister in law or another relative did her hair the day of (since she's a hair stylist). You might also look in her planning thread ;-)

#6034 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Oh, and our legal day was this past Friday the 13th! I'm still in shock that I'm legally a Mrs! Crazy....we giggled the whole time (we're such dorks)

#6035 Juliet1

Juliet1
          • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Oh, and our legal day was this past Friday the 13th! I'm still in shock that I'm legally a Mrs! Crazy....we giggled the whole time (we're such dorks)

Congrats!!!  Ours was Friday the 13th too!  I don't think its really sunk in yet...

#6036 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Oh, that's right, congrats to you, too! Same here lol...we will occasionally look at each and say "wow, you're my wife/husband" :-)

#6037 giraffexx

giraffexx
              • 498 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Congrats ladies!!!

Originally Posted by Juliet1 

Congrats!!!  Ours was Friday the 13th too!  I don't think its really sunk in yet...

Oh, that's right, congrats to you, too! Same here lol...we will occasionally look at each and say "wow, you're my wife/husband" :-)

#6038 SarahE786

SarahE786
                • 176 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

Oh yeah, anyone here getting married over Labor Day weekend?  Thats when we'll be doing a site visit, so we'll be sure to wish you well while we're there!

~Jenn

We leave in 6 days for our site visit!! SUPER excited!!...and need a vacation sooo badly!

Sarah

#6039 SarahE786

SarahE786
                  • 176 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Juliet1 

and congrats to our two new Mrs(s) !!

#6040 jesmcan

jesmcan
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

Congrats Lisa and Juliet!!!!!

Bride2Be - Fernando is the make up artist from the make up pros he also has someone else that comes with him to do hair here is his website http://www.the-makeup-pros.com/

I do not have the info for the MAC people sorry :( I only went to check out the store while I was in Playa
                      Ladi_Di used Norma who works at the MAC in Cancun

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users