Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5931 primavera

primavera
  • Jr. Member
  • 428 posts

    Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:39 PM


     

    Originally Posted by jamk32179 

    Quote:

    I love them because I can do them at home. I work crazy hours living in Las Vegas and go to school full time for my MBA so finding time to work out isn't always easy. I don't really follow the meal plans, I try to implement my own quick and easy fixes. When you sign up there is a personal survey you complete that creates your meal plan, how many calories you should eat and the workouts. When I don't have time fix dinner I'll usually do a Lean Cuisine and a piece of fruit. I've lost about 10 lbs. and I haven't been too good on my eating. But the count down is on..... 42 days till I leave for paradise!!!

     


    I hear ya! I got my MBA 2.5 years ago, school full-time and two part-time jobs. It is a great feeling when it is over though! :)

    I might try it out then. It is always fun to try new exercise programs. I have about 10lbs. to loose and really mostly need to tone my whole body. Oh, and I used to live on Lean Cuisine for dinner when I was in school. :)


    April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

    #5932 jenniferkuhr

    jenniferkuhr
    • Jr. Member
    • 162 posts

      Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:13 PM



      Originally Posted by N&J2011 





      Congrats on setting your date jenniferkuhr! I am getting married the day before you. We're almost date twins. Love it! I actually picked Cecilia Dumas so you know she'll be in the area.  The photographers are sooo expensive!!  It took me forever to pick one.  I was in love with Elizabeth Medina and DelSol, but the prices blew me away.  I agree with Pretty Pig Pig's opinion, but I chose Cecilia because I like how she captures the love with her couples.  I am not so much concerned about the editing as I am with the emotion.  I have photoshop myself so I can always edit or airbrush as needed (hopefully anyway.)  Happy Planning!


      Hello N&J!

       

      I saw the April 1st date way back when the site was the old model.  Congrats and hooray for April weddings!!!  Since I work in public schools I'm psyched that our anniversary will always fall on Spring Break...yay!  Does anyone know if The Royal offers a free stay for your anniversary?  I know a lot of other AI's do...



      #5933 msglave

      msglave
      • Member
      • 933 posts

        Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

         

         

         

         

         

        LOL at you all and the breads-working out is gonna have to work for me too. I'm attaching the spa information that Julie sent me before she left.

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

        Attached Files


        The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
        Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
        www.jadicaandraveyn.com

        #5934 Suzy831

        Suzy831
        • Newbie
        • 42 posts

          Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

          Alright, I'm getting frustrated with the changes in Wedding coordinators.. I am now on my third one, and they all keep giving me different information. I read on here that a few of you were able to do a food tasting right when you got to the resort, a few days before the wedding, and you got to taste a couple of dishes for the wedding dinner, is that right? Cause I asked my new WC Katia and she said I wasn't allowed to do that.. also, I know some of you were able to customize the dishes a little, like take the seafood out of the chicken dish, etc. Did you decide that right when you got to the resort or did you put that on your checklist beforehand?? I am just wondering if when I get there that the WC there will be more lenient and let me make last minute decisions?? For those who have gotten married there already, what was your experience with that?

           


          Royal Playa del Carmen - April 16, 2011

          #5935 Natalie79

          Natalie79
          • Newbie
          • 112 posts

            Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

            Has anyone worked with Angie?  She was assigned to me last month.  I emailed her twice and no response...typical I guess? I think I will try contacting her using basecamp.

             

            I would like some response since it is less than 3 months before my wedding.  How annoying!

             

            Also...has anyone used (or going to use) Adrian Herrera or Octavio Montes?  The prices are good!  So I'm thinking of booking one of them.



            #5936 kerrimark2010

            kerrimark2010
            • Newbie
            • 34 posts

              Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

              I still have not received a login for the new website.  Rebekah was my WC, and she told me before she left that everything was on track and good to go (my wedding is Nov. 4th), but I have not yet received a new WC.  Do you guys know who I should email?  I've only had Rebekah's email.  Thanks!

               

               

              Kerri



              #5937 jamk32179

              jamk32179
              • Jr. Member
              • 341 posts

                Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

                Quote:

                Originally Posted by primavera 


                I hear ya! I got my MBA 2.5 years ago, school full-time and two part-time jobs. It is a great feeling when it is over though! :)

                I might try it out then. It is always fun to try new exercise programs. I have about 10lbs. to loose and really mostly need to tone my whole body. Oh, and I used to live on Lean Cuisine for dinner when I was in school. :)

                You have no idea!! I am finished with this class at the end of the week! THANK GOD!!! I will finish my one and only class after the wedding and then I will have my masters!!! I am sooooo super duper excited!!! The 30 day shred is good too. It is intense, but only 20 minute workouts which I can handle on my lazy days!! There is a thread if you search the 30 day shred.

                 


                September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

                #5938 primavera

                primavera
                • Jr. Member
                • 428 posts

                  Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:12 AM



                  Originally Posted by jamk32179 

                  Quote:

                  You have no idea!! I am finished with this class at the end of the week! THANK GOD!!! I will finish my one and only class after the wedding and then I will have my masters!!! I am sooooo super duper excited!!! The 30 day shred is good too. It is intense, but only 20 minute workouts which I can handle on my lazy days!! There is a thread if you search the 30 day shred.

                   

                  Yes, it is a great accomplishment!! Good luck on your last week!

                  I will search for the 30 day shred thread (that rimes lol) :) Thanks!
                   


                  April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

                  #5939 Lisa DSO

                  Lisa DSO
                  • Member
                  • 712 posts

                    Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:21 AM


                     

                    Originally Posted by Suzy831 

                    Alright, I'm getting frustrated with the changes in Wedding coordinators.. I am now on my third one, and they all keep giving me different information. I read on here that a few of you were able to do a food tasting right when you got to the resort, a few days before the wedding, and you got to taste a couple of dishes for the wedding dinner, is that right? Cause I asked my new WC Katia and she said I wasn't allowed to do that.. also, I know some of you were able to customize the dishes a little, like take the seafood out of the chicken dish, etc. Did you decide that right when you got to the resort or did you put that on your checklist beforehand?? I am just wondering if when I get there that the WC there will be more lenient and let me make last minute decisions?? For those who have gotten married there already, what was your experience with that?

                     


                    I haven't heard of anyone doing food tastings when they get there; those who who have done the tastings did site visits a few months prior to their wedding (and also had to pay a fee to try out the menu).


                     



                    #5940 kerrimark2010

                    kerrimark2010
                    • Newbie
                    • 34 posts

                      Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

                      What are you guys doing for centerpieces?  I am trying to decide whether to just choose on from the options The Royal gave me, or if it would be less expensive (and prettier) to bring my own.  Do you bring a pic of how you'd like it to look, and they set it up for you?  How does that work?  Thanks for all the great info!

                       

                      Kerri






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users