Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#581 istephiez

istephiez
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

Thanks you guys for your two cents. I didn't think it was high season but they keep saying it is as well. We didn't want to get too late into the summer because I know that it gets very hot.
    Our travel agent has been calling all the different places and is only able to save about $40 per night for 2 people in a room than the rates on their website. I would have thought that with the horrible economy we would have had some better luck with the negotiations but we will see. I think the cocktail hour we will get a better rate if we decide to do it since our reception will be less than the 5 hour limit since our reception won't be starting until about 6pm with a hard out at 10pm.
    So the hotel now gives us the lighted dance floor? I hope that is true because it sounds like fun and would save a bit of money if included. Also anyone know if the DJ from the hotel is good? Seems like he should be but you never know. Is anyone else considering a slide show with photos? Do you know the costs of that? I have always felt that was a special touch. Also I was looking at some of the girls pictures and was wondering if they give us the name cards or is that something we have to provide and bring along? Or is it just another fee that we would need to add in order for them to make them? I am just trying to figure out how many more costs are going to occur that I haven't tallied up. Thanks so much. Everyone is so right that it is so great knowing that we are all in the same boat in this and communication is key!!

#582 khowell15

khowell15
    • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:32 AM

Hey Ladies! I haven't been on here in months so I just wanted to say hello to everyone again. Sounds like you all have been busy. My fiance and I are planning our wedding for June 20, 2009 at the Royal. This past week has been busy for us too. I just bought my wedding dress, made our reservations for our stay at the Royal, and booked our photographer Cecilia Dumas - yay! I'm really getting excited now. I do have one question though. When looking at the pricing of the meals I see there is a big price difference for guests and non-guests. I just wanted to know if the people staying at the Gran Porto are considered guests or non-guests? I would assume they would be guests because its still part of the Real Resorts, but I wanted to make sure. That could become kinda pricey if not since most of our family is staying next door at the Gran Porto.
      Look forward to hearing from everyone and happy planning!

#583 ltl_leah

ltl_leah
      • 35 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by khowell15
        I do have one question though. When looking at the pricing of the meals I see there is a big price difference for guests and non-guests. I just wanted to know if the people staying at the Gran Porto are considered guests or non-guests? I would assume they would be guests because its still part of the Real Resorts, but I wanted to make sure.
        As far as I've been told, they are somewhat considered guests because it's a sister resort. The prices for Gran Porto guests are $10 more per person. Good Luck!
        http://i88.photobuck....ah/bdw0097.jpgLeah & Terry
        The Royal Playa del Carmen
        May 6, 2009

#584 athena

athena
        • 76 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hello all!! Just got home from Playa & we had an awesome time. The wedding was amazing!! Everything went perfect. We will write a (long) review in the next couple of days. But we won't have any prof. pics till January (funever photos' touchup time).
          Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
          http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
          http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#585 Shay2679

Shay2679
          • 493 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

HOORAY!!! Congrats Athena!

I cannot wait to hear all about your experience...and...pictures!!! Always worth waiting for!

#586 VeronicaLane

VeronicaLane
            • 54 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

Athena- CONGRATULAIONS!! I'm glad to hear that it went well, and can't wait for details!

Shay, did you get my email? I sent it from my Gmail account. :)

#587 Shay2679

Shay2679
              • 493 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by VeronicaLane
                Shay, did you get my email? I sent it from my Gmail account. :)

I did!! I'm swamped right now...we're getting ready to fly to Alberta for the Holidays...but once I've arrived, I have a few more things to send you! Mostly just "inspiration" pics...but, its always fun to hear feedback!

I paid my deposit recently to the Royal...good grief! With the Canadian Dollar bottoming out...my 300USD deposit, cost me $412.50CDN!

Ouch...I am really hoping our dollar goes up a bit (I'll settle for .80 on the US dollar) before the Spring, when ALL of our wedding stuff will need to be paid for!

:S

#588 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
                • 361 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

Congrats Athena! Looking forward to your review!

#589 bridetobe22

bridetobe22
                  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hi everyone-
                    I just want to thank you all for your kind words about the loss of our puppy. He was really like our child and for it to happen so suddenly one week after we got home from PDC has been really tough. Anyway, thank you again for your thoughts! I am trying to get back into the swing of things and just replied to the PMs you all sent. Please let me know if I can help you out in any way. My biggest advice is when you meet with your WC, be very specific in what you want. Bring pictures, write out all the details, etc. I know you have all worked so hard in your planning and it is so important that all of your ideas get conveyed to the WCs. They are very willing to accomodate you, but you just have to let them know what you want. Good luck!
                    Katy

#590 Geminie

Geminie
                    • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hi guys... for those wondering about privacy issues on the royal's public beach check out this video: Laura + Josh // The All Brevis Wedding // Mexico on Vimeo it wasn't at the royal.. but you can see how close the blue lounge chairs are.. the people walking by on the beach.. it's worse at the royal... anyways.. it's a beautiful video and I wanted to share it with you enjoy!
                      "I have known you all my life
                      In fact I knew you long before
                      A hundred years or so of you
                      And all I want from you is more
                      Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
                      "My new photography site:htt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users