Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5821 Jenny310

Jenny310
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hi Ladies!

So I finally got some answers from Elsa, after I sent her the email from Julie 2x's she said they would honor the 3 choices for the entree as long as I give them the amounts of each choice before hand. She told me she had to speak to her manager but in the end it worked out. So that issue is resolved! Now the next battle will be the cocktail hour, I haven't even touched on that subject. She also confirmed that DJ Ivan is booked!! 

I wanted to move up my ceremony from 3:30 to 3 since its November now I'm afraid we won't have enough light out for the pictures, still waiting on that confirmation but hopefully they can do it.

Jess - we are going to do the sweetheart table too!

#5822 kerrimark2010

kerrimark2010
    • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

We are doing a sweetheart table also - not because of any family drama but just because it's more romantic.  :-) 

We are also having 2 entree options.  Because The Royal makes us have placecards, and we don't want to have assigned seating, I had to come up with something different.  I found a seller on Etsy that uses upcycled glass jars with heart labels carved out of wood.  She is going to burn each guest's name onto the hearts and attach them to the jars.  I'm then going to wrap the top of each jar in tulle in our wedding colors (magenta and navy) based on which entree they choose.  The jars will have tea lights in them, so they'll be place cards as well as create a little ambiance once the sun goes down.  I think it will give the wedding a more personal touch.

#5823 jamk32179

jamk32179
      • 341 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by kerrimark2010 

We are doing a sweetheart table also - not because of any family drama but just because it's more romantic.  :-) 

We are also having 2 entree options.  Because The Royal makes us have placecards, and we don't want to have assigned seating, I had to come up with something different.  I found a seller on Etsy that uses upcycled glass jars with heart labels carved out of wood.  She is going to burn each guest's name onto the hearts and attach them to the jars.  I'm then going to wrap the top of each jar in tulle in our wedding colors (magenta and navy) based on which entree they choose.  The jars will have tea lights in them, so they'll be place cards as well as create a little ambiance once the sun goes down.  I think it will give the wedding a more personal touch.

Oh great idea..... I might do something like that with small tea lights! THANKS!!!

September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#5824 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

thanks ladies for all the feedback

I am waiting for Zulma on answers now to. I know the bill is not due till 60 days but I want to receive the final bill this month so if I have questions or disputes we can take care fo them with plenty of time lol.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#5825 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
          • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

Does anyone have the homebase site on hand? I have it saved at home....

#5826 rosieposie

rosieposie
            • 649 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Does anyone have the homebase site on hand? I have it saved at home....

Hi Lisa,

Was it this one you're looking for?

https://realweddings...amphq.com/login

#5827 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

Ok let the drama begin in my family. It's time for the seating arrangements lol My FI's parents are divorced and do not want to sit together. My dad wants us to sit with him and we want to sit with our bridal party. That is only a piece of this drama. With 85 guests coming my dream of not having assigned seating has gone straight out the window I was praying this day would never come and it has arrived.

So I have to ask the girls I trust most are you guys sitting with your parents or bridal party or neither?

We did sweetheart table and didn't do assigned seating. it worked for us! if you have more than one meal choice then might have to do assigned seating.

#5828 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

Yep, thanks Rose!

#5829 jcooper79

jcooper79
                  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

We had more than 1 entree choice and did not do assigned seating.  I just had small place cards made with each guest's name on them.  One color was for beef and one color was for shrimp.  Then, I just made sure the wait staff new which was which.  Each guest picked up their name tags before sitting down and placed it on the table in front of them.  Worked very slick, with no problems.

#5830 jesmcan

jesmcan
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Thanks Lady Di and jcooper! I think we decided sweat heart table for us and no assigned seating. We are using maracas as place card holders so everyone can grab their name and sit and than its not my problem lol. The only thing is without assigned seating do you think it will be chaos with 85 guests? We are doing food stations so we don't have to worry about entree choices.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users