Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5371 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
  • Jr. Member
  • 233 posts

    Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
    Great pictures! Beautiful!

    I am using the photographer from the resort. Now I just told Ana I would be doing the Platinum package...which only includes 2 hours. We are only having semi-private reception which doesn't start until 4 hours after the ceremony so I'm not going to have the photgrapher there. Should I add an hour or is 2 enough? I'm thinking like he would come a half hour before or so while getting ready...the ceremony won't be more than a half hour...then some time after to take pictures...
    The photographer from the resort did take some pics of us too, and they came out good. I liked my photographer way better, but it could be because we spent more time with her. I think 2 hours is not enough time. I only say that because if you plan on them taking any pics during cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. then you will need to rush it all in the very beginning of the reception or else they will miss it. We faked our cake cutting so we could get some good pics and then did our bouquet toss, etc. early so we wouldn't have to pay for more time. It worked out pretty well.

    #5372 bridetobe1515

    bridetobe1515
    • Jr. Member
    • 233 posts

      Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      Ravelyn, we just decided not to file a marriage certificate with the county. We don't want to get married again. We just need the marriage certificate translated to English in case anyone questions us about our marriage and if i want to change my last name. I am pretty sure SS office won't accept it unless its in English.
      I went to the social security office and they want it in Spanish, because it has a official seal on it. they translate it there for free to determine if it is real. DO NOT PAY FOR THE EXTRA COST TO TRANSLATE IT! I know a lot of girls on here were talking about that, but you don't have to. I had no problems at all!

      #5373 bridetobe1515

      bridetobe1515
      • Jr. Member
      • 233 posts

        Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
        That's right you just reminded me. Now that I had to change my reception time...I have an uncle staying at a timeshare nearby who is coming for the wedding. It is a $20 cab ride each way for him. I'm not going to make him leave between 2:30-5...has anyone come across this? How strict are they..guess I would have to purchase a day pass for him for the full day to get by that rule...
        You can chose up to 3 people that you want to have access to your hotel at least 3 hours prior to the wedding for free. Make sure when you get there you tell them this. Zulma gave me this information when I was down there...would have helped earlier, but at least that rule exists!

        #5374 msglave

        msglave
        • Member
        • 933 posts

          Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
          You can chose up to 3 people that you want to have access to your hotel at least 3 hours prior to the wedding for free. Make sure when you get there you tell them this. Zulma gave me this information when I was down there...would have helped earlier, but at least that rule exists!
          Does it matter who these three people are? Relatives vs. a hair stylist?
          I couldn't tell that the girls flowers were real touch. I am in Chicago too and may need that info. I love the florist that Di used, but I am so tired of adding a vendor's fee to everything. There are so many things i want to add but I keep seeing dollar signs in my head.
          The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
          Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
          www.jadicaandraveyn.com

          #5375 msglave

          msglave
          • Member
          • 933 posts

            Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
            I went to the social security office and they want it in Spanish, because it has a official seal on it. they translate it there for free to determine if it is real. DO NOT PAY FOR THE EXTRA COST TO TRANSLATE IT! I know a lot of girls on here were talking about that, but you don't have to. I had no problems at all!
            This is great to know since I am in Chicago too. Did you register your certificate with the county clerk or deeds/records?
            The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
            Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
            www.jadicaandraveyn.com

            #5376 PaperBagPrincess

            PaperBagPrincess
            • Jr. Member
            • 320 posts

              Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

              Ok maybe I am slow, I can't figure out how to quote someone? I'll look it up after...

              Jesmcan "Hi, non-resort guests don't need a day pass the price is just more for them. I am not sure what the rates are now but for example for the ceremony its $10 versus $5 per person if it is a non resort guest. For the cocktail its $20 instead of ten and for the dinner it was $60 instead of $30.

              Hope that helps :) "

              ChicagoBride2011 "Jesmcan is right, your guests do not need to purchase a day pass. You just pay more for cocktail and reception, I believe for Luxury pkg a non-guest is $60 for reception From what I hear they are allowed to come onto property 30 minutes before hand and if there is any breaks in between they have to leave. For example if your ceremony is at 2 and reception isn't until 6 they woud have to leave."


              Thanks ladies. I'm hoping to have the ceremony at 6pm, then send everyone to the bar for a bit. Then we'll head to Kool Beach Club for 7:30 for our reception. This leads to... we aren't paying for anyone to have cocktails or reception at The Royal. Maybe we will have to set up cocktails to ensure everyone can stay and have a drink before we head to Kool.... hmmm I need to noodle this one over... and find a way to shove it back in the budget without the FI noticing....

              #5377 msglave

              msglave
              • Member
              • 933 posts

                Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

                If you look at the bottom of the post, you will see quote. Just click it before you type your message. If you want to multi-quote (like you sort of just did) click on mq for each post you want to quote and then click on quote on the last post you want to quote. I hope that makes sense?
                The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                www.jadicaandraveyn.com

                #5378 jesmcan

                jesmcan
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,091 posts

                  Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess
                  Ok maybe I am slow, I can't figure out how to quote someone? I'll look it up after...

                  Jesmcan "Hi, non-resort guests don't need a day pass the price is just more for them. I am not sure what the rates are now but for example for the ceremony its $10 versus $5 per person if it is a non resort guest. For the cocktail its $20 instead of ten and for the dinner it was $60 instead of $30.

                  Hope that helps :) "

                  ChicagoBride2011 "Jesmcan is right, your guests do not need to purchase a day pass. You just pay more for cocktail and reception, I believe for Luxury pkg a non-guest is $60 for reception From what I hear they are allowed to come onto property 30 minutes before hand and if there is any breaks in between they have to leave. For example if your ceremony is at 2 and reception isn't until 6 they woud have to leave."


                  Thanks ladies. I'm hoping to have the ceremony at 6pm, then send everyone to the bar for a bit. Then we'll head to Kool Beach Club for 7:30 for our reception. This leads to... we aren't paying for anyone to have cocktails or reception at The Royal. Maybe we will have to set up cocktails to ensure everyone can stay and have a drink before we head to Kool.... hmmm I need to noodle this one over... and find a way to shove it back in the budget without the FI noticing....
                  YAY another Kool Bride - did you have any issues putting down your deposit?
                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                  #5379 bridetobe1515

                  bridetobe1515
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 233 posts

                    Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by msglave
                    Does it matter who these three people are? Relatives vs. a hair stylist?
                    I couldn't tell that the girls flowers were real touch. I am in Chicago too and may need that info. I love the florist that Di used, but I am so tired of adding a vendor's fee to everything. There are so many things i want to add but I keep seeing dollar signs in my head.
                    She said it didn't matter. You just give them the names. If it is a vendor though like a hair stylist you will have to pay for them. Unless it is family or friend in which case you can probably get away with it.
                    The lady who did them did an amazing job. I can give you that info, just PM me.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by msglave
                    This is great to know since I am in Chicago too. Did you register your certificate with the county clerk or deeds/records?

                    No, I was thinking about registering it with the deeds/records only because if I happen to lose it down the road they can always reprint it for me at a fee, like a birth certificate.

                    #5380 msglave

                    msglave
                    • Member
                    • 933 posts

                      Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                      She said it didn't matter. You just give them the names. If it is a vendor though like a hair stylist you will have to pay for them. Unless it is family or friend in which case you can probably get away with it.
                      The lady who did them did an amazing job. I can give you that info, just PM me.




                      No, I was thinking about registering it with the deeds/records only because if I happen to lose it down the road they can always reprint it for me at a fee, like a birth certificate.
                      Thanks! I'll let you know about the flowers.
                      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users