Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5121 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by louise_pernell
    Lisa, could you send the corsage list to my email:
    i walked down the aisle to sea of love by cat power.

for the sand ceremony, we used when i'm 64 by the beatles.

recessional was come fly with me by frank sinatra.

pre/postlude was a CD of steel drum music.

it was perfect, and we didn't need a DJ at all.
    When did you start the music for the sand ceremony? Did you play the entire song or fade out at some point?

#5122 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
      When did you start the music for the sand ceremony? Did you play the entire song or fade out at some point?
      we played ours through the whole sand ceremony. music was quietly playing while she read through it and then while we poured the sand.

i was so oblivious to my surroundings that i have absolutely no idea of the song finished or if it was phased out. i'm guessing the latter.
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#5123 duprk452

duprk452
      • 162 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

For those of you who have just returned.. what time were your ceremonies? Anyone have theirs at 2 o'clock? The heat indices here in Louisiana is 105 and there is NO wind. I'm getting very nervous that the heat will be intolerable at 2 there.
        http://tickers.Ticke....d183/event.pngBride and Groom + 24 guests booked and counting!

#5124 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by duprk452
          For those of you who have just returned.. what time were your ceremonies? Anyone have theirs at 2 o'clock? The heat indices here in Louisiana is 105 and there is NO wind. I'm getting very nervous that the heat will be intolerable at 2 there.
          I think Lynnie had hers at 2pm a few weeks ago..you might want to ask her

#5125 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
          • 712 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by dianep
            we played ours through the whole sand ceremony. music was quietly playing while she read through it and then while we poured the sand.

i was so oblivious to my surroundings that i have absolutely no idea of the song finished or if it was phased out. i'm guessing the latter.
            how cute!!!!

#5126 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
            • 372 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the music suggestions! I'll check out that other thread!

#5127 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Do you ladies know how they charge you for a luxury bouquet if they standard bouquet is already part of your package (i think worth 85.00)- do they just subtract -80.00 from the luxury bouquet?

#5128 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                • 3,347 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

Officially off to mexico! Heading to KC airport. Gotta be there by 3 am! I will check in! Let me know if u have any questions! Thanks for everything ladies! I could not have done this without u! Xoxo
                  ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#5129 zelda062

zelda062
                  • 162 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hey Everyone!!

I am considering getting married at the Royal but I want a beach ceremony. I have seen a few comments about the beach not being very private. Anyone recently get married on the beach? Did you feel like there were a lot of people around? Did you feel like it took away from the ceremony? This is the main issue that is keeping me on the fence with choosing the royal. Any feedback would be great!
                    Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#5130 jesmcan

jesmcan
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

Steph yay!!!! can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures

Zelda - The beach is not private however the ladies the recently got married had no complaints. If you really want privacy the option would be to get married at 5pm or later the beach is pretty quite by than. Depending on what time of year you are looking into getting married it may start to get dark by than.
                      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users