ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
it's not really ceremony at all, but that's what they call it (whoever "they" are!). you hold hands and the officiant reads some beautiful words. i'm totally gonna butcher it, but it talks about these being the hands that love and comfort you now, the hands that will hold you family (and your children), the ones that reach for you and hold you now and that they will be the hands that do all of these things when you're old. the real one brings a tear to my eye, but i can't remember it all right now.

check out the "post your ceremony" script and there are lots of people there who have incorporated this into their weddings. i haven't posted my script, but a lot of others have. plus, this thread was SUPER helpful when trying to come up with my ceremony. i took bits and pieces from a LOT of the postings, added some of my own stuff and came up with a ceremony that i absolutely loved (and that made our guests cry. a lot).
Super helpful- thanks!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quick questions for past symbolic ceremony brides:

- does the ceremony look "real", i'm concerned guests will figure our that it's symbolic.... should we provide something to sign to make it more "real" or does the resort have something like that prepared?

- how much organza or tulle should I purchase to decorate their huppa?/chuppah? (on the beach) I'm guessing around 25 yards per colour.

I emailed my WC, but I think she's busy with setting up Mexico...I tried searching through here already but didn't find specific-to-this-resort answers, so i hope it's okay i ask.

thanks!

So I'm trying to give it a few weeks for things to settle down before asking who my new WC is, since my wedding isn't until December. But I'm not going to lie I'm a little anxious!

I'm sure this has been answered in the past, so I apologize in advance...but my wedding is under 6 months away now, is there anything I'm supposed to be doing? When do I pick my restaurant and food for my semi private recep, when do I choose flowers...

Also, has everyone played some sort of music during the actual ceremony when you walk down the isle and all? I'm not getting a DJ because of the semi private ceremony (and our AHR is over 200 guests so I'm keeping it as simple as possible in Mexico) but im totally clueless on what to do about music- is it weird not to have music when we walk down the isle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
So I'm trying to give it a few weeks for things to settle down before asking who my new WC is, since my wedding isn't until December. But I'm not going to lie I'm a little anxious!

I'm sure this has been answered in the past, so I apologize in advance...but my wedding is under 6 months away now, is there anything I'm supposed to be doing? When do I pick my restaurant and food for my semi private recep, when do I choose flowers...

Also, has everyone played some sort of music during the actual ceremony when you walk down the isle and all? I'm not getting a DJ because of the semi private ceremony (and our AHR is over 200 guests so I'm keeping it as simple as possible in Mexico) but im totally clueless on what to do about music- is it weird not to have music when we walk down the isle?
I'm not sure about the restaurant pick, other than the standard "45 days before the wedding" guideline.

For the music, they provide a sound system, all you have to do is provide some song selections with either an Ipod or CD. They will play them as you walk down the aisle an any other times during your ceremony that you want music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
When I hadn't heard from Angie in 3 weeks, Jill called her for me and Angie replied with all these emails and attachments I hadn't seen before...some of them included flowers and seasonal info...maybe this will help....

Lisa, could you send the corsage list to my email: louisejolly@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much,
Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
She is!!! She is awesome. I need to do my review soon... It's so hard to get back to normal and being sick didn't help! I'll post one this week!
That's good to know!!! Feel better soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
it's not really ceremony at all, but that's what they call it (whoever "they" are!). you hold hands and the officiant reads some beautiful words. i'm totally gonna butcher it, but it talks about these being the hands that love and comfort you now, the hands that will hold you family (and your children), the ones that reach for you and hold you now and that they will be the hands that do all of these things when you're old. the real one brings a tear to my eye, but i can't remember it all right now.

check out the "post your ceremony" script and there are lots of people there who have incorporated this into their weddings. i haven't posted my script, but a lot of others have. plus, this thread was SUPER helpful when trying to come up with my ceremony. i took bits and pieces from a LOT of the postings, added some of my own stuff and came up with a ceremony that i absolutely loved (and that made our guests cry. a lot).
I found this thread a few weeks ago and it is AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
I'm not sure about the restaurant pick, other than the standard "45 days before the wedding" guideline.

For the music, they provide a sound system, all you have to do is provide some song selections with either an Ipod or CD. They will play them as you walk down the aisle an any other times during your ceremony that you want music.
Thank you very much! Now I need to start thinking of music! This to do list keeps growing! : )

What type of music did everyone use for your ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
Thank you very much! Now I need to start thinking of music! This to do list keeps growing! : )

What type of music did everyone use for your ceremony?
i walked down the aisle to sea of love by cat power.

for the sand ceremony, we used when i'm 64 by the beatles.

recessional was come fly with me by frank sinatra.

pre/postlude was a CD of steel drum music.

it was perfect, and we didn't need a DJ at all.

There is a thread on BDW that is geared specifically to playlists.. it has helped me so much. We wanted a Caribbean style feel for our wedding, though, so I bought these CD's ( Steel Drum Wedding Music CDs and MP3s ) and this is what we are using for the ceremony. We are playing the rest of the songs at dinner for a relaxing meal. They are pretty cheap you get both CD's for 25$, which I didn't think was bad. I ripped them into my Itunes and someone will run my IPod for me.