ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#461 tchuchuca

• 361 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

Hi Ladies! Long time, no see! I've been on an AMAZING Brazilian vacation for the past few weeks, so sorry I've been MIA!!!

Does anyone have a list of services from the spa? I'd like to get some treatments for my bridesmaids, but I'd like to get an idea of how much I'll be spending!!

Thanks so much!

#462 SarahandTrevor

• 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

I was thinking about the same thing for the bridesmaids. If you look back to post #129 there is a link to the spa services. I am not sure if they are the most recent prices but it should give you an idea of what to expect!

#463 Maybride2009

• 408 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

I was hoping the salon prices would be listed in the spa menu but they don't seem to be. Does anyone have an idea of what it costs to have your hair done up at the Royal?

#464 tchuchuca

• 361 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the info, Sarah!

MayBride, on the spa menu that Sarah directed me to, on page 17 in small print, it shows up-dos for $40-$70. Hope this helps!

#465 Maybride2009

• 408 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

YES! That does help. Thank you so much.
            I guess I didn't magnify it enough. Much appreciated.

#466 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

hey there...

I got an email from Micaela this weekend, and I have a question...

For those of you who have been married at the Royal...what did you have for your cake? I am told there is a "Standard" cake, but that we can send a picture, and get a quote on the cost. Did any of you have the "standard" and if so, what did it look like?

Also, we were planning on just using our iPod for the reception dance, as it is our understanding that there is equipment to make this possible. Is there anything specific you can tell me that will help me prepare to be my own DJ?! What kind of iPod will we need (compatibility issues?)?

And finally...has anyone used the Mariachi band for their aisle walks? My MOH might sing for us, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the Mariachi band is capable of! LOL

I've heard they can be quite good for the ceremony...but I have my doubts. :S

Anything else those of you who have already gotten married can add...like...things you didn't even think to ask about, but wished you would have?

Thank you! (sorry so long)!

#467 tchuchuca

• 361 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

Shay- I've got the cake options on my work computer- I'll upload them on Monday. The ones that Paty sent me are (to put it nicely) not so cute. You're going to laugh when you see them!

#468 Maybride2009

• 408 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:03 AM

I totally agree that they arn't the nicest cakes, but the upgrades that I asked for quotes on were like $300!!! Did anyone see any more affordable cakes?

#469 sarah_prieb

• 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

We used the standard cake and it was delicious. We did not serve it as dessert at our reception because we already had dessert. They saved the cake for us and they brought it to us in our room when we wanted it. It wasn't anything fancy, but it served its purpose for pictures and stuff. I'm not sure what pictures you were sent, but I thought my cake was cute. It certainly wasn't anything fancy, but it was cute.

#470 bridetobe22

• 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hi everyone-

I just posted my planning thread and thought that since you are all Royal Brides you might want to take a look. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all the past Royal brides for everything. Your help is so much appreciated.

We leave in 10 days. I hope that everything turns out just as planned and that when I return will have many more insights to help out the future brides.

All the best-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users