Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4671 JuliaR

JuliaR
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Just met with Zulma. She is the BOMB.
    I feel so much better about my wedding and she is such a dear, sweet person. She's one of those people you meet and you instantly want to be her best friend.

She is so ON TOP OF IT...and willing to do ANYTHING for you.
    I'm so totally and completely excited right now I can hardly stand it!

BTW, we moved my wedding to 5 pm. At 4 pm it is VERY HOT here. The light is also a lot better from 5-7 pm (I'm a photographer. It's important to me). The beach receptions are just GORGEOUS! It's a magical place!

#4672 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
    • 539 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by duprk452
      Steph- I may be able to answer some of your questions, too. I just made my final payment and my checklist was a la carte.

I'm not too sure how I feel about making my final payment now that it's done. Aja will be transferring me to an on-site coordinator soon, but many of you have said they are slow to respond these days. I'm not looking forward to that.

Are y'all traveling with cash, travelers checks, credit cards...? I'm undecided as to what to do. I do not want to travel with large wads of cash, but am not sure how much of an inconvenience the other choices would be. This is our first time to Mexico, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any one who is traveling Continental.. did you contact the airline ahead of time to inform them that you are traveling with a dress?

Ooo that's a really good point on contacting the airline about traveling with the dress. I'm curious how everyone is getting their dress there. I don't want the airline to just throw it around.....
      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#4673 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JuliaR
        I feel so much better about my wedding and she is such a dear, sweet person. She's one of those people you meet and you instantly want to be her best friend.

BTW, we moved my wedding to 5 pm. At 4 pm it is VERY HOT here. The light is also a lot better from 5-7 pm (I'm a photographer. It's important to me). The beach receptions are just GORGEOUS! It's a magical place!
        Yay, glad to hear that she is taking good care of you. I'm sure that is what it comes down to; she gives the brides who are there and about to have/having their day the top priority over ones back home. I guess that is what we will ultimately prefer, right? lol. I know, easier said than done and I'll probably freak out too lol when i'm close to the time.

Have a a great time, Julia!

#4674 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
        • 5,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:

See, it's worth it in the end! Oh, it blows that at 4pm it's really hot. That's when my ceremony is and it's on the beach. Have a great time!!

#4675 callamonster

callamonster
          • 88 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

I am also flying Continental and would be interested about the dress question!

#4676 dianep

dianep
            • 532 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lexibride
              Diane I'll be there tomorrow too! Nope, no luck with the online check in yet - UGH!!

that's great! hopefully my onsite WC will be better in person than she has been so far. still no meeting scheduled or anything, and we'll be THERE in 24 hours.
              glad you're so collected and excited, hooray!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RunningBride24
              Ooo that's a really good point on contacting the airline about traveling with the dress. I'm curious how everyone is getting their dress there. I don't want the airline to just throw it around.....
              i called american airlines a few weeks ago. my dress counts as my carry-on. they say they won't hang it up but it can go in an overhead compartment. looks like i'll have to have it pressed there unless i can sweet-talk them into hanging it somehow!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by callamonster
              I am also flying Continental and would be interested about the dress question!
              hopefully they're more accommodating than american airlines.
              http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
              and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4677 jesmcan

jesmcan
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

YAY Julia that great to hear :) have a wonderful time!
                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4678 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                • 3,347 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Quote:

Hmm this is funny because when my TA called and got the run around and demanded Zulma call me today, they said she was with a bride... guess it was you! lol.

Seriously though, Zulma isn't responding to any of my many emails, nor my TA's emails or phone calls... I am beyond tears. I need to know I have my stuff budgeted correctly. Di- Maybe I'll forward you the email I sent her and see what you think of my amounts.
                  ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#4679 candicemarie

candicemarie
                  • 271 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

man, I've missed a lot!

Jesmcan-Congrats on the new vendor site!! It looks beautiful!

Jenconrad-CONGRATS on your lovely wedding!!!! So glad everything worked out for y'all :)

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lexibride
                    we are bringing our laptop which has a webcam built in and we are going to stream the wedding live on
                    Dianep and everyone
                    I will post my planning thread tonite when the forum isn't so busy. OMG I have sooooo many pics its ridic!

15 HOURS TIL WE LEAVE!!!! I hope he gets the music done in time haha!
                    Best of luck & hope you have a blast!! I'll def be praying for you ladies to have no rain!!!

Quote:
                    Ahhh! I'm sitting on the Lanai of my hotel room at the Gran Porto Real Resort. It's so lovely! Getting married on Thursday!

PS> The alcohol flows like a river here! LOL
                    Hahaha! Sounds fantastic!!!!!

Quote:

Man, that's great to hear! Autumn told me the other day that she'll be my onsite WC so I can't wait!!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dianep
                    that's great! hopefully my onsite WC will be better in person than she has been so far. still no meeting scheduled or anything, and we'll be THERE in 24 hours.
                    Best wishes diane!! I hope your new WC makes it perfect for you when y'all get there!!!!!!

#4680 candicemarie

candicemarie
                    • 271 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

And to LynnieS-CONGRATS ON GRADUATION!!!!! WOO!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users