Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4651 kenlyn8984

kenlyn8984
  • Jr. Member
  • 196 posts

    Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LynnieS
    I have Michel and she is AWESOME!!! She usually answers email within hours but lately it is taking her a couple of days. . .I don't blame her though, they are very busy
    thanks Linnie! :) makes me feel a bit better! sooooo excited for you!!! can't wait to hear all about the wedding and see pics :) good luck with everything!!

    #4652 kenlyn8984

    kenlyn8984
    • Jr. Member
    • 196 posts

      Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LynnieS
      I have Michel and she is AWESOME!!! She usually answers email within hours but lately it is taking her a couple of days. . .I don't blame her though, they are very busy
      thanks Lynnie! :) makes me feel a bit better! sooooo excited for you!!! can't wait to hear all about the wedding and see pics :) good luck with everything!!

      #4653 msglave

      msglave
      • Member
      • 933 posts

        Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

        I hope you ladies have beautiful weather. It'll be perfect if it rains early in the morning and the sun comes out for a beautiful day! You all are so lucky to have the same wedding dates and to be able to meet! I wish I knew the other bride who will be getting married on our day.

        Congrats! I'm so happy and excited for you all. I hope you have the perfect wedding!

        Thanks Kimmy for posting your review!

        Lynnie,Congrats on receiving your Master's!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by lexibride
        dianep - we are bringing our laptop which has a webcam built in and we are going to stream the wedding live on
        That blows big time. I still haven't heard back from the other day when I emailed them because I my date/time/location was still showing on their website as available, but hopefully that will be confirmed soon.

        I'm sorry, girl, you are right- unacceptable.
        I can't believe you haven't heard from them yet! I had checked the site a couple of months ago and our time wasn't available. Probably because it was double booked, lol! The planning threads are awesome! Even if you basically have all of your wedding things together, you can still get ideas from there!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LynnieS
        Raveyn
        This is EXACTLY what happened to me back in January (after booking in Sept)!! I know how you feel and it totally sux! I would definitely contact corporate AND the resort WC's. Let us know if you need emails for them! Just so you know the resort WC's will do everything in their power to make it up to you. They have been sooooo nice to me since this happened. I have gotten a lot of free/discounted amenities for my wedding to make up for it. Work your magic girl and everything will work out in the end!!

        Let us know if you need any help!
        -Lyndsay
        Thank you Lyndsay. Who have you talked with? They haven't offered us anything. The only thing they told us was that we have to change our wedding time or location. They have said we can have it at our regular time but must leave the gazebo immediately afterwards and have our cake & champagne after. You are the second person to tell me this so it seems to happen pretty often. Boo!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lady_Di
        Raveyn, that BLOWS that happened to you! I agree with Lynnie that the resort WCs will do everything to make it up to you. I hope you get what you wanted.
        Thanks Di,
        I'll keep you all posted on the final outcome.
        The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
        Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
        www.jadicaandraveyn.com

        #4654 ~Stephanie~

        ~Stephanie~
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,347 posts

          Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

          Ok so I still haven't heard back from Zulma and I need to know if I am figuring my add-ons right... I am so frusterated and upset. I am not going to be one of those girls that doesn't hear anything until I get down there. I was talking to my TA and now she is taking the matter into her own hands, but I feel bad because she is being really "firm" with her messages to Zulma, saying that we have lost patience and are going to take our business elsewhere. I don't want to make Zulma mad, I just want to make sure I have enought money!

          GRR.
          ~Stephanie

          Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

          #4655 JuliaR

          JuliaR
          • Newbie
          • 46 posts

            Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

            Ahhh! I'm sitting on the Lanai of my hotel room at the Gran Porto Real Resort. It's so lovely! Getting married on Thursday!

            PS> The alcohol flows like a river here! LOL

            #4656 msglave

            msglave
            • Member
            • 933 posts

              Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JuliaR
              Ahhh! I'm sitting on the Lanai of my hotel room at the Gran Porto Real Resort. It's so lovely! Getting married on Thursday!

              PS> The alcohol flows like a river here! LOL
              Yay!!! I hope it's everything you want Julie. Congrats!
              The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
              Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
              www.jadicaandraveyn.com

              #4657 dianep

              dianep
              • Member
              • 532 posts

                Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

                julie - good luck! i'll be there tomorrow! :)
                http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                and happily ever after begins...


                wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

                #4658 Jenny310

                Jenny310
                • Jr. Member
                • 245 posts

                  Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

                  I know this was discussed before but with so many pages I'll go crazy trying to find it!

                  My FI aunt is a make-up artist and is going to be doing my makeup when I asked her if she would be interested in doing the bridesmaids she said she would like to focus on me and will need at least 1 1/2 hours dedicated to doing my makeup! I'm really happy she wants to be sure my makeup is flawless so now I need to find someone to do the other girls. Can someone give me the info about the MAC girls I believe there is one in PDC and I think I also remember someone mentioning getting one to come from Cancun.

                  Help!

                  #4659 Jenny310

                  Jenny310
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 245 posts

                    Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

                    Happy to hear that its beutiful there Julia!! Congrats and have a great time!!

                    #4660 Lady_Di

                    Lady_Di
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,078 posts

                      Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                      Ok so I still haven't heard back from Zulma and I need to know if I am figuring my add-ons right... I am so frusterated and upset. I am not going to be one of those girls that doesn't hear anything until I get down there. I was talking to my TA and now she is taking the matter into her own hands, but I feel bad because she is being really "firm" with her messages to Zulma, saying that we have lost patience and are going to take our business elsewhere. I don't want to make Zulma mad, I just want to make sure I have enought money!

                      GRR.
                      Steph, I can help you. I turned in mine a few weeks ago.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JuliaR
                      Ahhh! I'm sitting on the Lanai of my hotel room at the Gran Porto Real Resort. It's so lovely! Getting married on Thursday!

                      PS> The alcohol flows like a river here! LOL
                      Woooo, sounds like you're having fun. So exciting!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jenny310
                      I know this was discussed before but with so many pages I'll go crazy trying to find it!

                      My FI aunt is a make-up artist and is going to be doing my makeup when I asked her if she would be interested in doing the bridesmaids she said she would like to focus on me and will need at least 1 1/2 hours dedicated to doing my makeup! I'm really happy she wants to be sure my makeup is flawless so now I need to find someone to do the other girls. Can someone give me the info about the MAC girls I believe there is one in PDC and I think I also remember someone mentioning getting one to come from Cancun.

                      Help!
                      PM me. I have a MAC artist from Cancun coming to do my makeup.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users