Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3931 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by msglave
    wow that is awsome!!! but on the other hand I guess this is why the price increases have been so frequent and so high
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#3932 candicemarie

candicemarie
    • 271 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
      Hi Candice. On the site you found the map on, was there one for Real too?

Thanks for the help!
      I've been looking bc I have some guests staying there, too but haven't found one, yet. I'll def post it if I do!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jenny310
      Candicemarie can you PM me the file, I don't have enough points to open attachments. Thank you!!
      You can't send attachments in PMs, but if you give me your email address, I can send it.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LynnieS
      Candice- Thanks for the map, I was just looking for one! Oh, and it wasn't me so sorry to take credit from whoever it was!!
      Haha! Oops!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LynnieS
      Oh, and one last thing I had to vent about. FI just told me he booked his bachelor WEEKEND!! arghh, and what else. . . its on my B-DAY!! I mean, seriously! Men.
      Grrrr no way! On your bday is not cool! I'm sorry
      haha, i GUESS you did - 2460 posts!? look at you go! :) aside from not being able to open attachements, i don't know that i'm really missing out on much so i'm not too concerned. is there something more that i'm missing out on?
      Hmm...You have 150posts, you should be able to open stuff. It's that the rule?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by duprk452
      I wanted to let everyone know that a guest of ours, who is having to book at the Gran Porto due to no availability at the royal, called the resort yesterday to get prices. She spoke to someone about prices for day passes (to the royal) and told them the whole situation with our wedding and whatnot. The person on the phone gave them a price of 20$ a day to come to the royal. This is WAY cheaper than the prices I've received from the WC's and that I've seen on here. Maybe the trick is to call the resort directly to get the information and prices that you need. Now, the other problem. The Gran Porto is almost completely booked the week of our wedding, too!
      Awesome!! I can't freaking wait, man!!!!

#3933 duprk452

duprk452
      • 162 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Ok this may be a little off topic... BUT does anyone know where to find good bandeau top swimsuits? I'm having a hard time finding any that fit and i am TRYING not to have horrendous tan lines the day of the wedding LOL
        http://tickers.Ticke....d183/event.pngBride and Groom + 24 guests booked and counting!

#3934 luna1923

luna1923
        • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

Hey girls, I've been assigned Flora as my WC. Has anyone had any experience with her?
          Luna

#3935 luna1923

luna1923
          • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:44 AM

I notice majority of you ladies are having your ceremony in the gazebo. I was always of the mind that mine would be on the beach, but now I am undecided. What was your reasoning for chosing the gazebo? Also, I'm a heels gal, 3" or higher please, but I don't know how anyone will manage that, especially for the reception!!!!
            Luna

#3936 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
            • 372 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

I chose the gazeebo because i was thinking it may be a little more private than right on the beach...I didn't want sun bathers in my wedding pics! lol

#3937 LynnieS

LynnieS
              • 319 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

same for me, just more private. Plus, I wanted my reception on the beach so I thought everyone would get sick of the sand being on it all day!
                yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#3938 dejacque

dejacque
                • 159 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

I have Flora as my WC. So far, she's been pretty good. Responds to emails typically within 1 days. Only once has it taken 2 or more days. :)
                  ~~Danielle~~

#3939 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                  • 110 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by duprk452
                    Ok this may be a little off topic... BUT does anyone know where to find good bandeau top swimsuits? I'm having a hard time finding any that fit and i am TRYING not to have horrendous tan lines the day of the wedding LOL
                    Try Victoria's Secret I bought one there and I just got this really cute green one at Old Navy. Target has some decently cute ones too if you too worried about not being about to try them on then and there. I'm the same I wanted a couple bandeau tops for the same reason! :)
                    ~Stacy

#3940 chipotle99

chipotle99
                    • 311 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
                      I chose the gazeebo because i was thinking it may be a little more private than right on the beach...I didn't want sun bathers in my wedding pics! lol
                      I think the best thing to do with a DW is get over wanting privacy...I speak from being one of those persons myself!

When I stayed at the Royal PDC, the gazebo was NOT more private than the beach, it was probably a lot less private! The pics on the website never show you the lay out.....about 10 feet from your last guest's chair is the ground level porch of a hotel room, 10 feet to the right is the first pool lounge chair, and 10 feet from your gazebo are sun bathers in speedos and hawaiian tropic...it's really not that private.

That being said, I think it's better to embrace being the center of attention amidst a group of beach/pool goers, and for a short ceremony, it doesn't really make or break your wedding anyway. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you're not surprised when you get there. It is a gorgeous place though, really beautiful! Congrats and good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users