Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#381 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

Seriously Sarah- $40 less PER WEEK PER PERSON? I have about 30 people coming, so I think it's safe to assume that any "discount" would be similar to yours... I'll just drop it then- I just wish they would get the story straight, though!

#382 bridetobe22

bridetobe22
    • 107 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

Hi Everyone-

It's getting close for me now...almost time for Mexico so I have been emailing Micaela more lately asking a few questions. I wanted to pass a couple of things along that I just learned. She said she did not recommend shipping anything to Mexico prior to the wedding...I had been debating whether or not to send OOT bags, etc. I am going to pack them now, but beware, that can get costly. My OOT bags are rather big. On Continental we can each check 2 bags and outside of that the next bag/box is $100. Oh well, I do love the OOT bags. The other thing Micaela told me was that the bell boy will deliver them to the guests rooms for $2/each. I thought that was reasonable. Also, Micaela said we would meet at 4pm on Wed. when we arrive. Our wedding is on a Friday. She said that we would go over all the details then. She said there was no need to discuss flowers, food, decorations, music, etc. ahead of time. Just wanted to let you know in case this is valuable to any of you.

Katy

#383 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
      • 408 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hi everyone,
        I just wanted to jump in and say hi. I am new to the BDW forum and am also getting married at The Royal on May 27th 2009.
        So far planning the wedding has be no fun...my mother in law is a piece of work however, my FI and I have delt with the situation and are now moving forward. I want to thank you all as reading this thread has gotten me excited again about the wedding.
        xo
        Michelle

#384 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
        • 266 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

Welcome, congrats, and glad we could help you out, Michelle!

#385 sarah_prieb

sarah_prieb
          • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

I know what you mean Michelle. My MIL gave me a run for my money for both the wedding at The Royal and our AHR. Be strong. It will be ok. If you need anything, let me know!

#386 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
            • 408 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sarah_prieb
              I know what you mean Michelle. My MIL gave me a run for my money for both the wedding at The Royal and our AHR. Be strong. It will be ok. If you need anything, let me know!
              Thank you! I am kinda hoping she will be staying at the Gran...I am really crossing my fingers. Luckily my FI is backing me up 100%. I am a generally tolerant person but she has by far crossed the line and my patience has run out.
              So please tell me that the royal is wonderful, as, to be honest it wasn't my first choice but I was pushed into it by some of her "issues"
              I am so nervous that it is going to be jam packed with people in may!

#387 sarah_prieb

sarah_prieb
              • 54 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

The Royal is awesome!!!! We had an great time. What was your first choice?

I'll set up a picasa photo album so you can see some of our pictures from around the resort, etc...

We have pictures from all 23 of our guests on here so you can get a lot of peoples view of what the Royal was to them. I hope this helps!

#388 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
                • 408 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sarah_prieb
                  The Royal is awesome!!!! We had an great time. What was your first choice?

I'll set up a picasa photo album so you can see some of our pictures from around the resort, etc...

We have pictures from all 23 of our guests on here so you can get a lot of peoples view of what the Royal was to them. I hope this helps!
                  I am really starting to look forward to it. There are so many wonderful reviews! My first choice was actually Turks and caicos, but my FI and I are going to hop over there for our honeymoon.
                  I would LOVE to see your photo album when you have it up. Thanks so much!

#389 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
                  • Vendor
                  • 237 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:04 PM

Here are some wedding videos from the Royal:

VENUE: The Royal Playa del Carmen on Vimeo

#390 bridetobe22

bridetobe22
                    • 107 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

Have any of you used the hair/make-up services at the Royal or heard any feedback on them? I'm trying to decide what to do and can't!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users