Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3381 dejacque

dejacque
  • Jr. Member
  • 159 posts

    Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

    Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a final date reservation confirmation? Once they process the deposit do they send some sort of confirmation? I'm anxious to get my STD's printed and out, but don't want to until I hear back.
    ~~Danielle~~

    #3382 Natalie79

    Natalie79
    • Newbie
    • 112 posts

      Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dejacque
      Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a final date reservation confirmation? Once they process the deposit do they send some sort of confirmation? I'm anxious to get my STD's printed and out, but don't want to until I hear back.
      I got a verbal confirmation as soon as I sent the credit card form. She also sent me an e-mail confirmation a couple days later. You should ask from an email confirmation just in case....but if they said you are all set then you should be good to go!!

      #3383 FutureMrsYak

      FutureMrsYak
      • Jr. Member
      • 372 posts

        Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dejacque
        Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a final date reservation confirmation? Once they process the deposit do they send some sort of confirmation? I'm anxious to get my STD's printed and out, but don't want to until I hear back.
        I think I emailed or called for a confirmation...although they told me mine was a "misunderstanding" so it didn't get processed right away my card wasn't charged until I called...but you should recieve a wedding contract at some point soon too.

        #3384 Lisa DSO

        Lisa DSO
        • Member
        • 712 posts

          Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

          Does anyone else worry about rain (or worse a hurricane) as much as I do? I mean, I am grateful that it would be moved into a ballroom (i think?), but well, the whole purpose it to be outside on the beach lol.

          #3385 bridetobe1515

          bridetobe1515
          • Jr. Member
          • 233 posts

            Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
            Does anyone else worry about rain (or worse a hurricane) as much as I do? I mean, I am grateful that it would be moved into a ballroom (i think?), but well, the whole purpose it to be outside on the beach lol.
            I ALWAYS worry about this! I can't imagine not getting married out by the beach! That is the whole point afterall. My TA told me that April is their rainy season, but I don't see that anywhere else. I booked in May just to make sure!

            #3386 giraffexx

            giraffexx
            • Jr. Member
            • 498 posts

              Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
              Does anyone else worry about rain (or worse a hurricane) as much as I do? I mean, I am grateful that it would be moved into a ballroom (i think?), but well, the whole purpose it to be outside on the beach lol.
              Technically hurricane season is from June through the end of November, the season usually starts to slow down towards the end of October. It is rare for hurricanes to occur in November but not impossible. If you remember Mexico was affected by a hurricane the first weekend of November last year (2009). I think since your date is towards the end of the month you will be fine. That is why I choose a later November date as well.

              I did happen to see this article today online and am really hoping that none of us brides will be affected. Keep your fingers crossed, I know I am :)

              Hurricane Season Could Be 'Extreme,' AccuWeather Forecaster Says - AOL News

              #3387 Lisa DSO

              Lisa DSO
              • Member
              • 712 posts

                Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by giraffexx
                Technically hurricane season is from June through the end of November, the season usually starts to slow down towards the end of October. It is rare for hurricanes to occur in November but not impossible. If you remember Mexico was affected by a hurricane the first weekend of November last year (2009). I think since your date is towards the end of the month you will be fine. That is why I choose a later November date as well.

                I did happen to see this article today online and am really hoping that none of us brides will be affected. Keep your fingers crossed, I know I am :)

                Hurricane Season Could Be 'Extreme,' AccuWeather Forecaster Says - AOL News

                hahaha i TOTALLY saw that today, too. hilarious.
                I'm sure there won't be a hurricane, but the past two years I have gone to Playa in mid October, there has been 1-2 days of rain during my M-F stay...I almost booked thursday (FI and I joked that we have never gotten rain on that day), but that would have been Thanksgiving.

                I will hope for the best!

                #3388 LynnieS

                LynnieS
                • Jr. Member
                • 319 posts

                  Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jujeemd
                  Thank you!

                  By the way...our wedding is on the same day! At The Royal! Small world. I guess we will see you there! I'll be the other one in a white dress! Haha. I haven't been in contact with the Mexico WC's...I'm still struggling with Angie...
                  Wow, that's so cool! What time is your ceremony? I think a lot of us girls are going to meet up sometime for a drink when we are down there. Would love to have you there!!
                  yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

                  #3389 LynnieS

                  LynnieS
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 319 posts

                    Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

                    Does anybody have the list of all of us brides? I can't seem to find the last time it was posted and we seem to have added a lot of Royal brides lately!! Yay!
                    yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

                    #3390 Natalie79

                    Natalie79
                    • Newbie
                    • 112 posts

                      Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

                      I'm worried about the weather too! I'm at the end of October. In 2006, that's when Hurricane Wilma lingered there for about 2 days and did alot of damage. (We also got slammed by Wilma in Ft Lauderdale....I was out of power for 2 weeks!) But the odds of that happening again are very slim!!

                      With rain...I would really LOVE to have my reception on the beach. But I saw the backup areas. The ceremony would be in a hallway (A very pretty one!) . The reception would be in the ballroom...which is actually very nice. So I'm comfortable knowing it wouldn't throw a total kink in things if it rained.




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users