Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3341 mykidsmomtx

mykidsmomtx
  • Newbie
  • 87 posts

    Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daily2011
    So, I am confused...which is not hard these days! For those of you that were larger wedding groups, you don't need to pick the package that matches the size of your wedding most closely? And if that is the case, do you pay the fee listed for the pp above and beyond your package number and THEN pay the 1700 or 1900 for the private reception? Am I getting this right?

    I am thinking that we could be as large as 75 and just want to try and get the estimated costs locked down as best as we can.


    Thanks you guys you have been invaluable on the planning here!
    Our wedding is at the Gran Caribe Cancun, but the basics are still the same for all REAL Resorts.

    First, if you are going to have 75 guests, you might qualify for the "free" wedding, then you can add on the amenities you want. I think you need 30 rooms to get the "free" wedding.

    If you pick a package, then you pay the package fee + minister/priest/etc + any add ons.

    Depending on what you want, you don't necessarily need to pick the package that more closely matches your guest count. For example, we will have approx 35 guests but we are doing the Classic. So, we will pay 950 + 400 (minister) for the ceremony. Since we have more than 30 guests, we cannot do the semi-private reception - that is the kicker. So, we need to upgrade the 15 guests to a private reception ($15pp) then pay $25 for the other 20 guests. However, that is still $400 cheaper for us than the Eternal for 30 people. I know there are some neat ammenities in the Eternity, but we would rather spend our $400 elsewhere.

    As for the photographer, we are using an outside vendor. Most of the local photographers will split the vendor fee and their packages are much better than the resort's. The main thing I don't like about the resort photographer is that you have to pick a certain amount of pictures. Most outside vendors give you all the pics and you can take them and do what you like with the pics. Huge benefit for us!

    #3342 duprk452

    duprk452
    • Jr. Member
    • 162 posts

      Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
      Ok ladies, I just got an email from Aja, is the WC service so bad after I put in the deposit?!
      No, I have Aja and I have had my deposit in for a few weeks. I always hear back from her with in 1-2 days. I noticed that it depends on what day of the week that I e-mail her.
      http://tickers.Ticke....d183/event.pngBride and Groom + 24 guests booked and counting!

      #3343 taapple

      taapple
      • Newbie
      • 12 posts

        Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mykidsmomtx
        Our wedding is at the Gran Caribe Cancun, but the basics are still the same for all REAL Resorts.

        First, if you are going to have 75 guests, you might qualify for the "free" wedding, then you can add on the amenities you want. I think you need 30 rooms to get the "free" wedding.

        If you pick a package, then you pay the package fee + minister/priest/etc + any add ons.

        Depending on what you want, you don't necessarily need to pick the package that more closely matches your guest count. For example, we will have approx 35 guests but we are doing the Classic. So, we will pay 950 + 400 (minister) for the ceremony. Since we have more than 30 guests, we cannot do the semi-private reception - that is the kicker. So, we need to upgrade the 15 guests to a private reception ($15pp) then pay $25 for the other 20 guests. However, that is still $400 cheaper for us than the Eternal for 30 people. I know there are some neat ammenities in the Eternity, but we would rather spend our $400 elsewhere.

        As for the photographer, we are using an outside vendor. Most of the local photographers will split the vendor fee and their packages are much better than the resort's. The main thing I don't like about the resort photographer is that you have to pick a certain amount of pictures. Most outside vendors give you all the pics and you can take them and do what you like with the pics. Huge benefit for us!
        I am trying to do something similar but I am wondering how you figure the upgrade to the 15 guests already incl. in the package for a semi-private to a private is $15 and not the full $25?? Ugg, so confusing.Also, can I ask who you are using for a photog or can u PM me? I have yet to come across one yet that has offered to split the vendor fee which would be really nice. Thanks!!

        #3344 LynnieS

        LynnieS
        • Jr. Member
        • 319 posts

          Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

          Taapple- just PM'd you and I guess from reading mykidsmomtx it would be $15/pp to upgrade those 15 pp included in the classic package from semi-private to private. Then all extra people are $25/pp. Its because if you do a semi-private reception a la carte it is $15/pp. Its just a pro-rated price I guess!
          yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

          #3345 LynnieS

          LynnieS
          • Jr. Member
          • 319 posts

            Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

            Have you tried Mike Cantarell, he's very good about helping with budgets
            yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

            #3346 Daily2011

            Daily2011
            • Newbie
            • 123 posts

              Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

              You all rock! Thank you so much for the information. It is all becoming clearer now. When do you have to select the package? I mean I won't know if I have the free + a la carte option until much later. And once you select the package can you change your choice?

              Also, several of you have said you are very frustrated with the pre-planning service. As I am just beginning to make this choice, would you change if you could? Is it that bad? Everyone has loved their wedding, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous entering into it with those complaints out there. I do have to say that we are not looking for micro control over things. As a matter of fact I am planning a DW because I don't want to plan it all.

              #3347 Lisa DSO

              Lisa DSO
              • Member
              • 712 posts

                Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Daily2011
                Also, several of you have said you are very frustrated with the pre-planning service. As I am just beginning to make this choice, would you change if you could? Is it that bad? Everyone has loved their wedding, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous entering into it with those complaints out there. I do have to say that we are not looking for micro control over things. As a matter of fact I am planning a DW because I don't want to plan it all.
                It can be frustrating sometimes because you have to wait on a response sometimes before you can go on with your own planning, however, it seems to be improving.

                Also, I think with all of the shared communication in this thread, it has become easy to get (most) of your questions answered by other ladies here.

                I almost switched, but after talking to some of the other brides here, I was convinced that I made the right choice in the first place and my wedding will be amazing. Don't be afraid to ask any questions- we have all been there.

                #3348 prettypigpig

                prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

                  Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by duprk452
                  No, I have Aja and I have had my deposit in for a few weeks. I always hear back from her with in 1-2 days. I noticed that it depends on what day of the week that I e-mail her.
                  Ok Thanks! I will put down the deposit today. I will go with the eternal romance package and upgrade to have the private reception after. If it is needed, then maybe the Luxury package (I don't need all those ammenties..so still not sure), Aja said I can do the upgrade after anyway.

                  Bonnie

                  Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


                  #3349 jennie.lewis

                  jennie.lewis
                  • Newbie
                  • 22 posts

                    Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

                    Hi Royal brides!

                    Sorry for going MIA. I'm getting really excited - less than 2 months away. I've read a number of posts about the lack of communication and service from the wedding coordinators here in the US. I was assigned Angie Hayes and my experience has been AWFUL. It am very glad that I did the site visit last year and met with Lila there. If i had not done the site visit, and my only experience was with Angie Hayes, I would not have my wedding at The Royal. I know that when I get there things will be taken care of but my goodness it has been like pulling teeth to get Angie to respond and to even call me back to get MONEY. it is insane to me. I called the corporate office in MX and was able to get a higher manager's email address and just a formal compliant to corporate. It stinks b/c the US office does not represent the service level standards that The Royal has and they need to know about it.

                    Anywho, I thought I would share with everyone my thoughts on the matter - just so frustrating i tell ya.

                    Does anyone know when we are suppose to finialize all the wedding details....flowers, music, decorations, etc...? I'm nervous because i'm less than 2 months away and angie won't return my calls or emails so I know if I should be doing anything.

                    Thanks,
                    ~Jen
                    Jennie Lewis
                    May 8th 2010 -The Royal - Playa del Carmen

                    #3350 duprk452

                    duprk452
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 162 posts

                      Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                      Ok Thanks! I will put down the deposit today. I will go with the eternal romance package and upgrade to have the private reception after. If it is needed, then maybe the Luxury package (I don't need all those ammenties..so still not sure), Aja said I can do the upgrade after anyway.
                      We are just going with the a la carte because it was cheaper and more functionable for us. It's going to end up costing us about 1800$ for everything
                      http://tickers.Ticke....d183/event.pngBride and Groom + 24 guests booked and counting!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users