Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3071 2mckee

2mckee
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

Does anyone know if they are willing to do an entree pairing?? (i.e. half portion of steak with half portion of salmon?)

#3072 Natalie79

Natalie79
    • 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

Diane - Lili was really nice and she did a really good job answering all of our questions. She seems very calm under pressure which is a good thing :)

I asked her if she was going to be my WC there but they don't get assigned until about 2 months out.

#3073 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

I have a couple of questions...

1. Does anyone have the menus for the Luxury package? Email is fuzzikiwi@hotmail.com
        2. Does anyone know, if there is a minimum number of people you HAVE TO have for a private reception, what happens if you are short 1 or 2? Like say its 20 (like we think) and we show up with 18? I don't see why they would care if I am paying $1500 more to them for the higher package?
        3. If I don't have enough people and I am stuck with a semi-private reception, does anyone know what restruants you can choose from and if you still get a dance floor or sound system or anything?! I really want my first dance And do they do a sepreate menu or do you chose off the restruant menu?
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#3074 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
        • 233 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by astreit
          I know what you mean! I just got a box of 40 maracas and am wondering how I am going to get them down there. I was hoping to just carry everything down in bags, but this is a little extreme. I'm thinking they are going to have to be shipped.

Could you tell me where you ordered your real-touch flowers from? I've been going back and forth and can't decide what to do. I haven't been able to find any real-touch place that is affordable that are taking orders still for May weddings. Thank you!
          I'm using wedideas. Their site is Realistic Silk Wedding Flowers, Natural Touch and Silk Bridal Bouquets. They will do custom orders though and their deposit is 40%. The rest you pay after you approve the design they send you.

Lady Di, I actually quoted that person on etsy out and she was very cheap, but she couldn't do any of the bouquets I wanted unless I paid outrageous shipping charges to get them from foreign countries. She seemed a bit limited in what she could work with so I moved on. I just saw a bouquet online that I absolutely fell in love with and had to have. So nothing against her, it was all me.

#3075 jcooper79

jcooper79
          • 49 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Could anyone please e-mail me the list of the hot hor d'houves, as I just decided to add the cocktail reception and was never provided a copy of them. My e-mail address is Jaime.Cooper@securian.com. Thank you so much in advance!

#3076 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
            • 233 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dianep
              what decorations for the ceremony/reception are you ladies bringing with you to mexico?
              Chair sashes, table runners, fake rose petals, all of my centerpieces, cake topper, glowing orbs (for the main table), wicker fans, and pashminas.

Maracas and cigars will be purchased in Mexico.

#3077 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
              • 233 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jcooper79
                Could anyone please e-mail me the list of the hot hor d'houves, as I just decided to add the cocktail reception and was never provided a copy of them. My e-mail address is Jaime.Cooper@securian.com. Thank you so much in advance!
                me too if anyone has them. just pm me.

#3078 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
                • 233 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                  I have a couple of questions...

1. Does anyone have the menus for the Luxury package? Email is fuzzikiwi@hotmail.com
                  2. Does anyone know, if there is a minimum number of people you HAVE TO have for a private reception, what happens if you are short 1 or 2? Like say its 20 (like we think) and we show up with 18? I don't see why they would care if I am paying $1500 more to them for the higher package?
                  3. If I don't have enough people and I am stuck with a semi-private reception, does anyone know what restruants you can choose from and if you still get a dance floor or sound system or anything?! I really want my first dance And do they do a sepreate menu or do you chose off the restruant menu?
                  Just sent you the menus.

#3079 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                  • 5,078 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Natalie79
                    Diane - Lili was really nice and she did a really good job answering all of our questions. She seems very calm under pressure which is a good thing :)

I asked her if she was going to be my WC there but they don't get assigned until about 2 months out.
                    Yay, glad to hear that!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                    I'm using wedideas. Their site is
                    Chair sashes, table runners, fake rose petals, all of my centerpieces, cake topper, glowing orbs (for the main table), wicker fans, and pashminas.

Maracas and cigars will be purchased in Mexico.
                    What's the Royal's policy regarding fake petals? I would think they're an environmental hazard since they can blow away to the ocean.

#3080 LynnieS

LynnieS
                    • 319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

LadyDi- I think you are right about the fake petals, they would have to be picked up (huge hassle) so I think they are not allowed.

Here is the whole menu list with the cocktails (hot and cold)

Attachment 4668

Attached Files

yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users