Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2711 2mckee

2mckee
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by randi.renstrom
    i was curious about a rehersal dinner as well. im hoping to have it somewhere else in Playa del Carmen. Even though it is all inclusive, I want the guests to have a chance to see the town etc. So if anyone has any ideas, ideally I'd like a setting outside, walking distance to the royal, and not toooo crazy expensive (which i know is asking a lot) I would love to hear! Thanks!
    Randi-

I am looking for the same thing. One of the choices I have on my running list is a restaurant, La Cueva Del Chango. Apparently it is within walking distance (On 5th Ave. maybe?) and from what I have read and seen on their website, they have a really cool patio area perfect for rehearsal dinners or cocktail parties and pretty reasonable prices. I am looking into doing a cocktail party the night before the wedding to change it up a bit. We may organize a big group and go out in town after the party. Anyway, here is the link:

La Cueva del Chango - Playa del Carmen - Regional Restaurant - Mexican Food - Naturist - Weddings - Riviera Maya - Mayan Food

My contact is Andres Friedrich. He is pretty good at getting back to you.

I also contacted Yaxche restaurant a couple of times, but never heard back. Seems like a very nice place from website and reviews, but higher priced than La Cueva Del Chango.

Hope that helps!!

#2712 LynnieS

LynnieS
    • 319 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I am actually having the welcome dinner at Asiana (I've heard good things). Most of my guests are getting in the night before the wedding and felt like they may want to stick around the resort that first day. We will be going out after dinner, however, to 5th Ave.

Anyone know how to get reservations at Veronica's? How far in advance do you have to reserve a spot for mani's/pedis and couples massage?
      yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#2713 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi Ladies we also wanted to do something different for the rehearsal dinner

Here are some restaurnats that we checked out that we love and are in walking distance:
        SUR Steak House
        Casa Del Agua
        Wickys
        La Cueva Del cahngo is awsome!
        Blue Parrot
        La Tortuga Hotel and Spa El Bistro Restaurant- loan mao just got back from here wedding at the Royal and had a welcome evening here. We got engaged at this hotel and love it!

We are also doing a cocktail style evening and want fire dancers. The only loace right on the beach is Wickys. However they are really expensive but we are still negotiating so I will let you ladies know.
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2714 astreit

astreit
        • 182 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for all the rehearsal ideas, ladies! My future mother-in-law wants to have a rehearsal, but I am not crazy about having to choose from the same menu as the wedding dinner. My fiance's family does not eat fish of any kind, so I don't want to have the beef filet both nights! I will definitely look into these ideas.

#2715 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
          • 233 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jesmcan
            Hi Ladies we also wanted to do something different for the rehearsal dinner

Here are some restaurnats that we checked out that we love and are in walking distance:
            SUR Steak House
            Casa Del Agua
            Wickys
            La Cueva Del cahngo is awsome!
            Blue Parrot
            La Tortuga Hotel and Spa El Bistro Restaurant- loan mao just got back from here wedding at the Royal and had a welcome evening here. We got engaged at this hotel and love it!

We are also doing a cocktail style evening and want fire dancers. The only loace right on the beach is Wickys. However they are really expensive but we are still negotiating so I will let you ladies know.

Did you happen to get pricing for any of these? Are they more expensive than the $15 of doing it at the hotel?

#2716 aerazo

aerazo
            • 109 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

HI LynnieS,

since you are doing your "welcome dinner" at Asiana, how many people are attending this dinner? Is it a large or small group? Did you have to choose from the pre-set menu too and make it like a semi-private event and pay $15 per person?

I wish they would just let us reserve a time to go to the restaurants and yet still be able to choose from the restaurants menus instead of having to choose from a pre-fixed menu.. sucks!
              Adriana
              Royal Playa del Carmen
              April 23, 2010

#2717 LynnieS

LynnieS
              • 319 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

aerazo,
                I guess I didn't even realize that! They never mentioned anything about that when I reserved. They just said it would be $15/pp. I definitely don't want that! I guess I will have to check into other options. Thanks for the heads-up. That is a little stupid since we will be eating that food the next night.
                Thanks jesmcan for the other options
                yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#2718 LeslieJohn2010

LeslieJohn2010
                • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hi guys,

Just got confirmation from Zulma so wanted to add myself- so excited!

Playa2009 - February 5, 2010
                  diana&steve0304 - April 3, 2010
                  kimmy44 - April 21, 2010
                  jcooper79 - April 22, 2010
                  aerazo - April 23, 2010
                  llm78 - April 25, 2010
                  kimmy44 - April 28, 2010
                  AprilandRyan - May 1, 2010
                  jennie.lewis - May 7, 2010
                  SDbeachgirl - May 7, 2010
                  LynnieS - May 14, 2010
                  Lexibride - May 15, 2010
                  tutti1299 - May 15, 2010
                  dianep - May 15, 2010 (gran)
                  astreit - May 16, 2010
                  boolo318 - May 28, 2010
                  Denisema00 - May 29, 2010
                  Lady_Di - May 29, 2010
                  candicemarie - June 5, 2010
                  kenlyn8984 - June 10, 2010
                  ~Stephanie~ - June 11, 2010
                  super19 - June 21, 2010
                  2mckee- June 27, 2010
                  cinny726 - June 2010
                  Pattie - June 2010
                  Jamk32179- September 18, 2010
                  smckinney22 - October 9, 2010
                  Shirley_Ken - October 28, 2010
                  Celine- November 5, 2010
                  bmlynch - November 6, 2010
                  Randi - November 11, 2010
                  jesmcan - November 12, 2010
                  futuremrs1113-November 13, 2010
                  giraffexx - November 19, 2010
                  mslisaaragon - November 22, 2010
                  LeslieJohn2010 - November 27, 2010
                  Trinas79 - November 2010
                  MichaelandAraceli- December 18, 2010

Lisa DSO- January 1, 2011
                  FutureMrsYak- January 11,2011
                  pineapplebride - *maybe* April 2011
                  vlynnw - May 6, 2011
                  speedy130 - May 7, 2011

stevensfiance - 2010 -Royal, Cancun

#2719 jesmcan

jesmcan
                  • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                    Did you happen to get pricing for any of these? Are they more expensive than the $15 of doing it at the hotel?
                    Hi yes the pricing varies. I hate to say this but with each place everything is negotiable. I know some people just do not want to have to go back and forth. Even still though you would be looking at 45 per person with food and open bar. Each place let us customize our menu and have a priate room. You def pay for that. We are doing a cocktail theme with serving stations of ceviche shooters, sliders, parmesan truffle fries and finger food of that nature. For something like that it will be between 60 and 85 per person for food and open bar for three hours.
                    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2720 dianep

dianep
                    • 532 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by aerazo
                      What is everyone doing for a rehearsal dinner? Are you having it at one of the restaurants on the property and paying the $15 per person charge with a set menu?

Thanks,
                      Adriana
                      i don't think we'll do a rehearsal since we'll be so small (no attendants and only about a dozen guests). i think we'll likely just get together for cocktails/dinner the night before so everyone gets a chance to know one another before the wedding.

what have other people with small weddings done??
                      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users