Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2421 jamk32179

jamk32179
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Lady Di,
    I could have mis read the info. I hope I did!
    September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#2422 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by aerazo
      ladies, i need some advice from past or future brides....

Will you be cutting the cake at the end of the night at your reception or right after dinner? I wonder if the cake is going to be sitting out during the entire reception and what if it melts? can others tell me what they are doing?

if anyone has a reception timeline, that would be awesome if you could share.

Thanks!
      Adriana
      I am planning to cut it before the end of the night two hours after dinner. we only have our photographer for 8 hours and we are doing pictures before so he won't be there till the very end. The cake I got is fondant so I think it depends what kind of cake. If it is the tres leches cake they will bring it our at the time of cutting the cake. It has to be made right before or it will melt. So depends on what you choose. Hope this helps some :)
      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2423 LeslieJohn2010

LeslieJohn2010
      • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

Lady Di- saw your post. For the non-guests, do you know if the $60 includes food? Thanks!

#2424 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
        • 5,078 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LeslieJohn2010
          Lady Di- saw your post. For the non-guests, do you know if the $60 includes food? Thanks!
          yes, that's the reception cost. it is maybe $10 for guests and $15 for cocktails...i may be off mark at that but that's a general guess. i have all my wedding stuff at home.

#2425 jennie.lewis

jennie.lewis
          • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

Hi becks1581, I'm getting married May 8th, 2010. I'll make sure to let you know how the beach and weather is that time of year!
            Jennie Lewis
            May 8th 2010 -The Royal - Playa del Carmen

#2426 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jamk32179
              So I just called my WC and got a receptionsist who was quick to tell me they are having problems with their email and their phone is ringing off the hook with other people calling. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that they had this "problem" a few posts back. AHHHH!!!
              Yep, that was the excuse they gave my FI about a week and a half ago

#2427 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jamk32179
                I found a website that tells you the sunrise and sunset times. It is timeanddate.com. Hope this helps! I searched under Quintana Roo as the City.
                thanks! that helps

#2428 aerazo

aerazo
                • 109 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

jes,

Thanks! yes that is so helpful, we are getting the tres leches cake and i was wondering how they would do that cuz i figured it would melt. I know most weddings have the cake on display so that why i was confused.

thanks again!! i feel like you know everything! haha =)
                  Adriana
                  Royal Playa del Carmen
                  April 23, 2010

#2429 Trinas79

Trinas79
                  • 179 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by medina
                    HELLO,
                    I am new to this site and I am considering the Royal in playa del carmen as well. My wedding isn't going to be until feb 2011. I am considering del sol photography does anyone know what they charge? I would like to have them for about 4-5 hours and also do a trash the dress session.....any info would be great thanks!!
                    hi. Your best bet is probably to just email them directly and get a quote. I had one, at some point in time, and forget the exact numbers (they differ for Matt and his wife vs their assistants) but they averaged around 5k. They aren't cheap!!

#2430 Gocubsgo

Gocubsgo
                    • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

I am new. Getting married at the Royal PDC in March. Looking for ideas for OTT bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users