Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#191 Shay2679

Shay2679
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heidi&alex
    Shay, I'm so sorry! I was looking at the Royal wedding packages on their site the other night and they sure have gone up in price...
    I know, right?! I can't believe it. This is the problem with not having a signed contract...they can just up the prices, and even though you have entered into discussions about how the day will be...there is nothing you can do.

I'm just really frustrated...

Quote:
    and to not allow outside photographers!!! That is not going to go over well with future brides at all!
    It is DEFINITELY not going over well with me. Have you seen the photography the hotel guy offers? It's not the quality we here at BDW have come to expect!! AND...they charge a freakin fortune for that too...I want the professional I picked...

Quote:
    I hope your day looks up and that you hear something positive back from Michaela...
    Thank you for being here to help me vent. I'm at work, and can't really focus on anything...I want to cry...but...what good will that do?!

Wah.

#192 h&a

h&a
    • 321 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shay2679
      I know, right?! I can't believe it. This is the problem with not having a signed contract...they can just up the prices, and even though you have entered into discussions about how the day will be...there is nothing you can do.
      You think, though, that they should honor the prices they first told you - especially if you've already booked your date.
      Let us know when you hear back from Michaela... crossing my fingers for you to hear something positive... big hug your way!

#193 Geminie

Geminie
      • 51 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

I can't believe that! I am planning on having an associate from Del Sol Photography... and if they won't let us have outside photographers then we'll have to find a new location... that's ridiculous!
        "I have known you all my life
        In fact I knew you long before
        A hundred years or so of you
        And all I want from you is more
        Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
        "My new photography site:htt...

#194 Kriswim

Kriswim
        • 186 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

I feel like they really should honor the prices when we booked! Now i am freaking out! OMG!
          **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
          My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#195 Shay2679

Shay2679
          • 493 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kriswim
            I feel like they really should honor the prices when we booked! Now i am freaking out! OMG!
            I have just heard from Micaela. They are going to honor the package price that was posted when we booked our date. As for the photographer, so far, she apologized, but, their policies have changed, and there are no longer outside vendors allowed. She seems like such a sweet lady, so I'm hoping that she will think of something!

I'm happy about the price...

#196 Kriswim

Kriswim
            • 186 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

MEE TOO- B/c although i am getting married at the royal my reception is at the Gran... Micalea is my WC too!!!!!!!!! I was going to use one of their photoghers..oukr good friend is an awesome photographer so he is going to take a lot of pictures for us too! Sometimes his are better than what the photographer takes!! :-) Woot.
              Heidi, Did you get a group discount when you reserved all the rooms at the resort? Alex told me they did this, but micaela just emailed me back today and said no.HUMM?.....
              **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
              My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#197 h&a

h&a
              • 321 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi Girls,
                Yay, I'm so happy for you that they're honoring the rate they initially had when you booked! Honestly, Zulma and Michaela are the sweetest, and I couldn't have seen them doing otherwise (unless coming from above)... Shay, hopefully Michaela will be able to do something about the outside photographer...
                Kriswim, we didn't do group rates for rooms - we made it easy for ourselves and everyone just did their own bookings (plus in Canada and Germany where our group was coming from we do package deals with air and hotel included together and not separately as in the States).

#198 aeroo

aeroo
                • 153 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kriswim
                  MEE TOO- B/c although i am getting married at the royal my reception is at the Gran... Micalea is my WC too!!!!!!!!! I was going to use one of their photoghers..oukr good friend is an awesome photographer so he is going to take a lot of pictures for us too! Sometimes his are better than what the photographer takes!! :-) Woot.
                  Heidi, Did you get a group discount when you reserved all the rooms at the resort? Alex told me they did this, but micaela just emailed me back today and said no.HUMM?.....
                  I emailed with the reservation people and they give discounts for groups of 10 or more. The discount was not substantial by any means; I think we got a better group discount through the travel agent. Mine was for the Gran Porto though. If you want to book through the hotel directly, just call their reservations line to find out. Or PM me if you want the email of the reservations guy that I spoke to there.

#199 aeroo

aeroo
                  • 153 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Shay2679
                    I have just heard from Micaela. They are going to honor the package price that was posted when we booked our date. As for the photographer, so far, she apologized, but, their policies have changed, and there are no longer outside vendors allowed. She seems like such a sweet lady, so I'm hoping that she will think of something!

I'm happy about the price...
                    That really sucks about the no outside vendor rule! Is it just for photographers or ALL vendors? Do you know how the hotel photographer is? Are you able to see a portfolio or anything? I wonder if they have just one photographer or a bunch that they choose from.

#200 cuban_flamingo

cuban_flamingo
                    • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

It's very professional of them to honour the previous prices! I'm rather upset about their new outside vendor policy...for some reason the work of mos tresort photographers seems to be a bit sub-par for wedding photography!

I'm sure things will sort themselves out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users