Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1981 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,091 posts

    Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

    Happy Halloween everyone!

    Question to past Royal brides did you guys tip?
    Did you give etxra or do something for your photographer, WC and so on?
    Also did you priovide dinner for the photographer and any other vendors?
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

    #1982 Shirley_Ken

    Shirley_Ken
    • Newbie
    • 30 posts

      Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
      So I sent Zulma an email to confirm my previous pricing of $3100 for the 2010 Luxury package since it went up $600 on the site. I don't see why they are doing a change again. I hope she emails me back.
      I saw this increase too and was pissed!! They shouldnt increase the rates again, which they just did in July when I booked. We were originally quoted 2400 for 2010 in May, but because we didnt put a deposit down until August we got the 3100 quote! Luckily my wedding planner got a confirmation the other day to keep 3100. Sounds a little fishy to me!

      #1983 RaychelRae

      RaychelRae
      • Jr. Member
      • 446 posts

        Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

        I know you ladies are talking about locking down the wedding package prices, but you know about the room prices? I searched this thread (maybe I just didn't search good enough) and didn't find anything on whether or not you are able to book rooms now for 2011 and lock into the 2010 prices they have listed.

        #1984 ~Stephanie~

        ~Stephanie~
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,347 posts

          Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jesmcan
          Happy Halloween everyone!

          Question to past Royal brides did you guys tip?
          Did you give etxra or do something for your photographer, WC and so on?
          Also did you priovide dinner for the photographer and any other vendors?
          They require you to include your vendors in your "guest count" for your reception and therefore dinner count too.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by RaychelRae
          I know you ladies are talking about locking down the wedding package prices, but you know about the room prices? I searched this thread (maybe I just didn't search good enough) and didn't find anything on whether or not you are able to book rooms now for 2011 and lock into the 2010 prices they have listed.
          I'm not sure about this but I would think you could book now with whatever prices are listed. Rooms prices change all the time so it doesn't mean it will be increased for 2011, depends on the sale. I doubt you can get flights yet but I would think you could book the rooms if you wanted to.
          ~Stephanie

          Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

          #1985 jesmcan

          jesmcan
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,091 posts

            Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

            Thanks Steph for the info


            By any chance does anyone have the rates that were posted before the increase? I realized I did not receive anything I was just going by what was listed on the website. I want to have a copy to bring down with me to the site visit next week just in case they try to pull one on me lol

            If someone does could you e-mail it to me at jesmcan@yahoo.com

            I really appreciate it
            The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

            #1986 jenconrad

            jenconrad
            • Newbie
            • 79 posts

              Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jesmcan
              Thanks Steph for the info


              By any chance does anyone have the rates that were posted before the increase? I realized I did not receive anything I was just going by what was listed on the website. I want to have a copy to bring down with me to the site visit next week just in case they try to pull one on me lol

              If someone does could you e-mail it to me at jesmcan@yahoo.com

              I really appreciate it
              I'm sending it too you now!

              Jen
              38 Guests booked!

              #1987 jesmcan

              jesmcan
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,091 posts

                Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jenconrad
                I'm sending it too you now!

                Jen
                Got it thank you so much!
                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                #1988 Kriswim

                Kriswim
                • Jr. Member
                • 186 posts

                  Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jesmcan
                  Happy Halloween everyone!

                  Question to past Royal brides did you guys tip?
                  Did you give etxra or do something for your photographer, WC and so on?
                  Also did you priovide dinner for the photographer and any other vendors?
                  HI - I had my reception at the Gran but did tip. We tipped the bartender ( so he'd make the drinks extra strong!) & we tipped the DJ ( not sure how much) to play longer and I tipped my WC, Michelle. Basically b/c she rocked and was a true lifesaver during my whole planning process. I didn't tip my photographer or video guy. I DID NOT include any of them in the dinner either. They worked for the resort & no one ever mentioned it to me. :)
                  **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

                  http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
                  My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

                  #1989 Oscar_Ernie

                  Oscar_Ernie
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 266 posts

                    Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

                    Hi Girls - I haven't popped in here in a long time, but I happened to notice the recent posts on the price increase (again)...We've decided against The Royal and are going with Dreams Puerto Aventuras instead. One reason for this is because of the instable prices! I specifically asked during the online Webinar (was that in September I think?) if the prices and packages would be changing again because they seem to change somewhat frequently and at unexpected times. The answer was, "No. These are the packages and they will not be changing." That would make me very angry if I hadn't paid my deposit yet and so it seals the deal for us. As much as I'd totally and completely fallen in love with The Royal, perhaps we can come back another time for a vacation. I wish you all the very best of luck and the most beautiful weddings imaginable!!!

                    #1990 Lady_Di

                    Lady_Di
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,078 posts

                      Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

                      Hi ladies,

                      I talked to Kimberly to see when we have to turn in our final guest count. She said 45 days before the wedding...um, is that right? usually vendors would allow up to a week before the wedding, right??




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users