Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1801 candicemarie

candicemarie
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutti1299
    The martini glass and all of the stuff with it can be found on
    It is open bar and I even got them to make us a specialty drink :) we are servig margaritas in a coconut. For the place cards I am using cocktiail umbrellas and sticking them in the coconut. My mom is attaching ribbons onto the umbrellas and writing everyone name and table in caligraphy.

Sorry I was so excited about doing this I had to go into detail lol :)
    That sounds adorable!!! What a great idea! I've always wanted to drink out of a coconut since "Guys and Dolls" hahaha!

#1802 candicemarie

candicemarie
    • 271 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      I'm talking to the WC at condoworld...i asked her about 3 day guest pass thing and she said as long they're still promoting it then it will be available. I guess they all need to be on the same page! Ha.
      What is condoworld?

#1803 olsontco

olsontco
      • 185 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tutti1299
        We are sticking with the white table cloth and sashes since they are free! We decided to make the table a bit more colorful by adding runners. We found them super cheap! Then we are buying two different color linen napkins to go into each persons wine glass (the colors of our wedding of course). I found those for only $1 ea. Got samples and they are really nice. The cost for the centerpieces ($60) is way too much in my opinion. We found centerpieces for only $30/table. They are giant martini glasses that you fill with this clear filler. There is a light at the bottom of the glass (color of our wedding) and a martini pick that is the other color we are using for our wedding. We are having a lady in Mexico also do custom painted maracas...that is our biggest expense for the tables. I love the idea and the saying though "If you want us to kiss, then please shake this".
        The WC said that we get a dance floor for free, so I will definitely use that! Then she said that we get lights under each table to make it glow. I thought our centerpieces would fit right in. If you want a really cheap site to go to, check out Save on Crafts, Wedding Supplies, Flowers, Tulle, Lights, Decorations & Discount Craft Supplies Save-on-crafts.

Love that site!
        Tutti... thank you for all the information. One question for you... so, is your plan to place two napkins (both the colors you ordered) into the wine glasses?? I'm trying to decide if I want to do this, but I have no idea which color to go with. My main colors are blue and green - I am also having maracas for each person in my colors as well.... it is so hard to imagine all this without seeing exactly how it will look. But, I do think adding the colored napkins would really add some color to the tables.... By the way, what are your colors?

Thanks!
        Soon to be Mrs. Howell

#1804 aerazo

aerazo
        • 109 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

tutti1299 -

your ideas are awesome! love love them all! im totally getting the table runner, quick question about the napkins. The link you sent us, so is this company a rental? are you going to rent their napkins, use them in mexico, and just make sure someone is there to collect them all so you can ship back to this company?

Thanks!
          Adriana
          Adriana
          Royal Playa del Carmen
          April 23, 2010

#1805 Shirley_Ken

Shirley_Ken
          • 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pattie
            Hi!

I am getting married in PDC next June. Originally I was going to do both civil and catholic but just decided to do the catholic one and get my marriage certificate in my CT to avoid all the translation paperwork. But here is the information my wedding coordinator gave me:

PAPER WORK: for civil legal ceremonies your wedding coordinator would give you paper work to fill out which is basically information for you and your fiance and witnesses (relatives can be witnesses and they need to be over 1. You have to notarize your long version of your birth certificates (with a notary) and get them translated by a Mexican consulate plus photocopies of the 1st 2 pages of your 6 passports (you 2 plus the 4 witnesses) and of the tourist cards (that you get entering Mexico.

Hope his helps.
            Whoa! That is insane. Is this for the states? I am from Canada and my wedding planner here in Canada never said anything about this stuff.

#1806 stevensFiance

stevensFiance
            • 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

so, Kimberly replied back with the new forms with our correct info on it, the deposit is going out Tuesday. Officially excited! Anyone know of a baker, for wedding cakes in Playa? I had found one posting on here about one with rave reviews, but can no longer find the posting.
              He asked, I said YES!!! 1 <3 21 <3 04 - 5 <3 13 <3 08

#1807 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
              • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                I have a question.... for the cocktail hour and reception is it open bar? Or is it limited to beer and wine or something? I hadn't even though about this.
                Wow, lot's of movement in this thread since I've last been on. Great to see so many new Royal brides!

FYI, for the cocktail and reception, it's open bar BUT the reception's open bar is only for three hours. If you want a longer reception (ours was 5 hours) you have to pay extra to have the bar stay open.

#1808 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
                • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by olsontco
                  Tutti... thank you for all the information. One question for you... so, is your plan to place two napkins (both the colors you ordered) into the wine glasses?? I'm trying to decide if I want to do this, but I have no idea which color to go with. My main colors are blue and green - I am also having maracas for each person in my colors as well.... it is so hard to imagine all this without seeing exactly how it will look. But, I do think adding the colored napkins would really add some color to the tables.... By the way, what are your colors?

Thanks!
                  Our colours were blue and green as well, along with some yellow. I loved the combination.

#1809 olsontco

olsontco
                  • 185 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
                    Our colours were blue and green as well, along with some yellow. I loved the combination.
                    hahahha.... I KNOW... I totally saw your pictures and said those are the colors I want to have!!!! So THANK YOU!!!!!! I loved your wedding!

Teri
                    Soon to be Mrs. Howell

#1810 meli122

meli122
                    • 269 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by candicemarie
                      I'm hoping to do that where everyone can just meet at one of the bars for a welcome cocktail reception. Way cheaper and that way people can come and go as they choose.
                      We are thinking of doing the same for a welcome meet and greet. Any ideas of which bar you are going with?? Lobby bar, Martini bar or Tequila bar?? Too many choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users