Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#131 aeroo

aeroo
  • Jr. Member
  • 153 posts

    Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

    Yes, you can still have group dinners at the restaurants. It just means that you cannot have your reception there. We stayed at the sister resort, the Gran Porto, and we always had big group dinners together. I'm assuming it's the same for the Royal. Of course we couldn't get a table of 20 together, but most of the time, they put two tables of 10 right beside eachother. It's no problem. You can even make reservations ahead of time to give them a head's up.

    #132 Shay2679

    Shay2679
    • Jr. Member
    • 493 posts

      Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by aeroo
      Yes, you can still have group dinners at the restaurants. It just means that you cannot have your reception there. We stayed at the sister resort, the Gran Porto, and we always had big group dinners together. I'm assuming it's the same for the Royal. Of course we couldn't get a table of 20 together, but most of the time, they put two tables of 10 right beside eachother. It's no problem. You can even make reservations ahead of time to give them a head's up.
      That is such a relief!! Thank you so much!! You've been such a big help!

      #133 Shay2679

      Shay2679
      • Jr. Member
      • 493 posts

        Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shay2679
        I've gone through the Royal's website, and looked at the four existing packages online, and am wondering...have any of you that are planning your wedding here chosen a PACKAGE, or did you (with the help of your planner/coordinator) customize something specific to your group? At first I was sort of under the impression I was tied to the $5500 package because there would 20 of us attending? If this is not the case, and I can customize something just to suit our desires...then...PLEASE, let me know!!
        Hi again,

        I'm still just wondering about this...does anyone know about the packages listed on their site as being customizable (word?) or did you all just basically tell your coordinator what you wanted, and they put something together for you? When were you expected to pay for your wedding "package" (either off the site, or customized)?

        Thanks!

        #134 caracolgin

        caracolgin
        • Newbie
        • 80 posts

          Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

          Hey girls! I'm new to this thread. All of our guests are staying at the Gran or Royal. I just have one question, what room rate were you given? The Royal told me they couldn't give me any group rates because their allotment was full for group rates. Do any of you know what your peeps are paying per night?

          #135 steph_n_taz

          steph_n_taz
          • Newbie
          • 34 posts

            Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

            hi Caracolgin, I'm from Toronto Canada, and we have all inclusive 1 week trip packages that we'll be doing. Do you have that option coming from dallas as well? I'm getting married next June (changed the date recently) at The Royal, and I'm waiting a few more months before booking my 1 week stay at the Royal. I do have the option of booking right now, but I'm waiting for Micaela the wedding coordinator there to actually confirm my wedding date. Have you contacted a travel agent yet? I see you're not getting married until next April, so you've got some time!
            ~Stephanie and Taz~

            #136 steph_n_taz

            steph_n_taz
            • Newbie
            • 34 posts

              Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shay2679
              Hi again,

              I'm still just wondering about this...does anyone know about the packages listed on their site as being customizable (word?) or did you all just basically tell your coordinator what you wanted, and they put something together for you? When were you expected to pay for your wedding "package" (either off the site, or customized)?

              Thanks!
              Hi Shay!
              You don't have to pay for the package until you arrive at the Royal, but I believe it is entirely customizable. I've already asked questions about the dinner reception, and they've told me that I'd have to pay 50 dollars per head for the dinner, which also includes a dance floor and speakers. As for the actual ceremony, you pay extra for things like special coloured ribbons, extra flowers, extra bouquets/boutonnieres etc.but that's entirely your choice to add those things on. Has a wedding coordinator sent you the pricing for add-ons yet? You'll get an idea of how much your big day will cost when you recieve that package.
              ~Stephanie and Taz~

              #137 Shay2679

              Shay2679
              • Jr. Member
              • 493 posts

                Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by steph_n_taz
                Hi Shay!
                You don't have to pay for the package until you arrive at the Royal, but I believe it is entirely customizable. I've already asked questions about the dinner reception, and they've told me that I'd have to pay 50 dollars per head for the dinner, which also includes a dance floor and speakers. As for the actual ceremony, you pay extra for things like special coloured ribbons, extra flowers, extra bouquets/boutonnieres etc.but that's entirely your choice to add those things on. Has a wedding coordinator sent you the pricing for add-ons yet? You'll get an idea of how much your big day will cost when you recieve that package.
                Hey Steph...I was wondering when you'd be back!!

                I haven't received anything yet! But...I'm trying to be patient. I've emailed all those people that need to be emailed, and trust that they are just swamped with May weddings right now, and will answer some of my questions and make first contact when they can. We'll see how I feel about that again tomorrow...It's day by day my patience!!!

                What made you change your wedding day? We're hoping for the first or second week of May next year as we're planning on have an ADR May long weekend in Edmonton with all our familia. Fingers so tightly crossed, they're purple.

                I've heard about a few add-ons such as boutonni¨res (sp?) and corsages ($10 bout; $15 corsage), I knew about the reception cost of $50 USD/pp with the inclusions, and Aeroo posted a file with Spa treatment costs. All I have to go by for everything else, is what is listed in the Royal's online wedding packages...and to be honest...I would combine some of the "Luxury" and some of the "Star-Crossed" options to make the ideal combination...I'm okay with that...I'm just anxious to hear it from the mouth of a coordinator there that it CAN be done, and for a reasonable fee!

                Has anyone else here completely lost all motivation recently to do anything BUT plan their wedding. I'm finding it almost impossible to not turn everything into a search for wedding stuff!! Yikes...and I have 11 months to go (hopefully)!



                #138 steph_n_taz

                steph_n_taz
                • Newbie
                • 34 posts

                  Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Shay2679
                  Hey Steph...I was wondering when you'd be back!!

                  I haven't received anything yet! But...I'm trying to be patient. I've emailed all those people that need to be emailed, and trust that they are just swamped with May weddings right now, and will answer some of my questions and make first contact when they can. We'll see how I feel about that again tomorrow...It's day by day my patience!!!

                  What made you change your wedding day? We're hoping for the first or second week of May next year as we're planning on have an ADR May long weekend in Edmonton with all our familia. Fingers so tightly crossed, they're purple.

                  I've heard about a few add-ons such as boutonni¨res (sp?) and corsages ($10 bout; $15 corsage), I knew about the reception cost of $50 USD/pp with the inclusions, and Aeroo posted a file with Spa treatment costs. All I have to go by for everything else, is what is listed in the Royal's online wedding packages...and to be honest...I would combine some of the "Luxury" and some of the "Star-Crossed" options to make the ideal combination...I'm okay with that...I'm just anxious to hear it from the mouth of a coordinator there that it CAN be done, and for a reasonable fee!

                  Has anyone else here completely lost all motivation recently to do anything BUT plan their wedding. I'm finding it almost impossible to not turn everything into a search for wedding stuff!! Yikes...and I have 11 months to go (hopefully)!

                  Hi Shay, I do check the forums quite frequently but not nearly as much as I used to, when I first got engaged (in december). The more answers you get from the lovely ladies here in the forum, the better you feel about your decision making :)

                  Well, The Royal has recently changed their wedding packages. I personally agree with you that a blend of both the Luxury and Star-Crossed wedding packages would be ideal, and from what I've heard from Micaela the WC over there, I'm sure she can customize your package. Its rare to find a wedding party that doesn't need customization, I'm sure!
                  I'm thinking of the star-crossed package, but I'm having about 30 people come to the wedding, so I'd have to pay for extra chairs and decoration for the ceremony set up, and also the $50 per head for the dinner reception. So, I think in the end it will be less than the $5500 package. I'm also going to have small bouquets done for my bridesmaids ($20-25 I think), and boutonniers for the guys ($10?) and I have 5 of each, so that adds up as well. I'm not picky about linen colours or anything like that, white and ivory are just fine for me so I'll save a few bucks on those extras, unless I were to bring those with me myself.
                  My fiance and I decided to change our date from May 12 to June 9, because it just happens to suit our family and friends' schedules better, and we really don't have much preference for any specific date so that was ok for us to do.
                  I'll let you know if I find anything else out... If you're willing to give me your personal email address, I'll send you the information Micaela gave me, although I'm not too sure if they are still valid because they have changed their wedding packages a bit. Just PM me your email if you want to see it.

                  ~Steph
                  ~Stephanie and Taz~

                  #139 aeroo

                  aeroo
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 153 posts

                    Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

                    Oh yes, the wedding packages have changed quite a bit; I just noticed that. But yea, you can always customize. When we had our meeting with Micaela, we were able to add and change different things even just the day before the wedding!

                    #140 steph_n_taz

                    steph_n_taz
                    • Newbie
                    • 34 posts

                      Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

                      Oh Aeroo thats so great to know that the weddings are so customizable. :) Bu really, what wedding group DOESNT need customization?!

                      Attached Files


                      ~Stephanie and Taz~




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users