Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1351 violetmal

violetmal
  • Newbie
  • 19 posts

    Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maybride2009
    I really can't wait! SO excited! I am in packing mode right now and things are FINALLY coming together. Who is your WC?
    I did most of my planning with Patty but she went out on maternity leave in April so she transferred me over to Michel. They have both been great!! :) Who is your WC?

    #1352 TightyWhitey

    TightyWhitey
    • Jr. Member
    • 181 posts

      Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maybride2009
      I really can't wait! SO excited! I am in packing mode right now and things are FINALLY coming together. Who is your WC?
      Best of luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!

      #1353 Maybride2009

      Maybride2009
      • Jr. Member
      • 408 posts

        Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

        my WC is paty...she still responds! My on site WC will be lily. Leaving thursday..so excited!

        #1354 traceyfranzel

        traceyfranzel
        • Newbie
        • 69 posts

          Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
          Yay for another May 29th bride!

          We did a ceremony in the gazebo, reception on the beach, Mariachi during dinner and a DJ for dancing. The Mariachi were booked through the resort while we booked directly with our DJ, although he is a preferred vendor.

          If you have any questions, lemme know!
          Tighty-
          which dj was that? and does preferred vendor mean that you don't have to buy the day pass for him? Do you have to pay for his dinner?

          #1355 TightyWhitey

          TightyWhitey
          • Jr. Member
          • 181 posts

            Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by traceyfranzel
            Tighty-
            which dj was that? and does preferred vendor mean that you don't have to buy the day pass for him? Do you have to pay for his dinner?
            We booked Ivan Gomez from DJ Doremixx. I can pass along his email address if you're interested. We didn't pay for a day pass for him and didn't pay for his dinner either.

            It was cheaper booking directly with Ivan than booking him through the resort. I thought they would charge me a day pass, even though he's a preferred vendor, but they didn't.

            #1356 ~Stephanie~

            ~Stephanie~
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,347 posts

              Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
              We booked Ivan Gomez from DJ Doremixx. I can pass along his email address if you're interested. We didn't pay for a day pass for him and didn't pay for his dinner either.

              It was cheaper booking directly with Ivan than booking him through the resort. I thought they would charge me a day pass, even though he's a preferred vendor, but they didn't.
              He was cheaper than through the resort huh? Maybe I can afford a DJ then? I wonder how much he charges....I'll have to PM him, I think he's a member here.
              ~Stephanie

              Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

              #1357 TightyWhitey

              TightyWhitey
              • Jr. Member
              • 181 posts

                Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                He was cheaper than through the resort huh? Maybe I can afford a DJ then? I wonder how much he charges....I'll have to PM him, I think he's a member here.
                Yeah, it was a $450 difference.

                #1358 LSUangel25

                LSUangel25
                • Newbie
                • 47 posts

                  Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by allison&kevin
                  Has anyone used the hotel DJ? I am sure someone has talked about it, but don't recall where??
                  Allison - Here is a post specifically on Ivan/DJ Doremixx from the Royal. Good luck planning!

                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42645

                  Michelle

                  #1359 jesmcan

                  jesmcan
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,091 posts

                    Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

                    Hi ladies,

                    thank you so much to all The Royal brides who have been giving so much helpful information. We are going for our site visit this November and right now The Royal is our top choice. We were origially thinking of doing a non-resort reception but we have found so far for what we are looking for it is more expensive to go this way. Has anyone else encountered this?

                    Also did anyone use the photographers provided by The Royal? Sorry if this is already posted some where I would not find it.

                    Besides the Gazebo and beach I have heard some brides say The Royal also has a garden where you can do the cocktail hour?

                    Thanks everyone and if anyone needs anything while I am on my site visit please don't hesitate to ask. I will take lots of pictures.
                    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                    #1360 SDbeachgirl

                    SDbeachgirl
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 393 posts

                      Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

                      Hi all,

                      I'm so excited! I think I have FINALLY decided to go with the Royal PDC...after spending so much time reading up on all the different resorts. What a relief! I haven't picked a date yet, but we are almost there. I'm just waiting for my TA to get back to me.

                      I have a couple of random questions:

                      1. Does anyone have the menu choices?
                      2. Do the guests get a choice of entrees or do we have to pick only one that everyone will have?
                      3. Did anyone use the live music for the cermony? If so, did you have you have a choice of songs? Were you able to request a song?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users