Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1231 ltl_leah

ltl_leah
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi Ladies,

I know it's been a while since we got back, but I finally was able to do a review. We were waiting for our video so we could include it our review.

Until later,
    Leah

http://bestdestinati....372#post819436
    http://i88.photobuck....ah/bdw0097.jpgLeah & Terry
    The Royal Playa del Carmen
    May 6, 2009

#1232 jaxsebridetobe

jaxsebridetobe
    • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the review Leah! It sounds like it was a perfect day! I didn't seem to see the video that you mentioned including in the review... maybe I'm just blind and missed it...? Do you have any pics yet as well? :)

#1233 ltl_leah

ltl_leah
      • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

I did manage to post some of the professional pics on my review thread. My photographer was Cecilia Dumas and I love my photos. I am still trying to figure out a way to post my video. http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43372
        http://i88.photobuck....ah/bdw0097.jpgLeah & Terry
        The Royal Playa del Carmen
        May 6, 2009

#1234 jaxsebridetobe

jaxsebridetobe
        • 44 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:19 AM

Oh yes...I saw the pics! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping that it's not too windy in December for a beach reception! I'm dreaming of having my reception on that beach :)

#1235 traceyfranzel

traceyfranzel
          • 69 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well, swine flu, or no swine flu...we have been fortunate b/c non of our guests have cancelled on us (whether from the swine flu or issues with the drug cartel)...

Our date is Oct 24, and I sent our our STD's last month.

As for group rates/resort prices/flights...we are using a travel agent who is wonderful! Her name is AnnaLynne AnnaLynne@lonepalmtravel.com
            She is very knowledgable and, this way, if there are any issues, she is the person resolving them, not me...

In regard to photographer, we are booked w/ del Sol...they are probably the best photogs in that area...

The one thing we are contemplating is whether we should book a DJ...or just load an Ipod up and use the resorts equipment...

We have a website Tracey & Brent - wedding website by mywedding.com but we have not mentioned anything about the swine flu...everyone knows what's going on...so no need to rebroadcast...

I hope this is helpful...

#1236 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
            • 181 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hey Ladies! We're back from the Royal and had an absolutely amazing time. We were told by everyone it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I'm hoping to post some photos when I get them from our guests and photographer. In the meantime, if there are any questions, please let me know!

#1237 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
              • 181 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by aerazo
                For those Ladies who have had their wedding reception on the beach, is it a hard stop at 11pm? or will they let you party on until later? I want to know how strict they are with the time when the reception ends.

Thanks!
                Adriana
                Ours ended right at 11 pm. We then took the party to the Coco Maya in town.

#1238 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                • 3,347 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
                  Hey Ladies! We're back from the Royal and had an absolutely amazing time. We were told by everyone it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I'm hoping to post some photos when I get them from our guests and photographer. In the meantime, if there are any questions, please let me know!
                  Congrats! Welcome back MRS! Are you going to be posting a review? please please! Who did you use for a photographer? I can't wait to see pictures!
                  ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#1239 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                  • 3,347 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

I have 2 questions for the former brides...

1. If you used an outside vendor for photography AND did a TTD, did you have to pay for another day pass for the TTD session? The beach is public so I wouldn't see why we would have to.

2. IF you used an outside photographer AND you package included the resort photographer, did you still get pictures from the resort photographer in addition to the one you hired since it was included in your package?
                    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#1240 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
                    • 181 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                      Congrats! Welcome back MRS! Are you going to be posting a review? please please! Who did you use for a photographer? I can't wait to see pictures!
                      Thanks! I will do a review as soon as our OOT guests leave. We're occupied with sightseeing until Thursday.

Our photographer was Elizabeth Medina. She mentioned the photos should be ready in 4-6 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users