Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hello Ladies -

I need your opinion.  My bridesmaids and I (7 total) have appointments at the Royal's spa to get our hair and make-up done for the wedding.  I've been emailing back and forth with a vendor who would come to our room and do our hair & makeup.  His prices are the same as the resort, but I would need to pay the day pass or vendor fee to get him on site.  Should I just keep the spa appointments or is it worth it to have someone prep you in the room where you can order drinks, etc?  The vendor's website is here: http://www.yucatanhair.com/. I've also heard the Resort's spa doesn't always do the best job

Let me know.

Thanks!

It's getting so close I can hardly stand it! 24 days! Woo hoo! I've been assigned Lilia as my onsite... I can't wait to be in Mexico!

I'm going this weekend to do my last minute dress fitting and a makeup consultation at Sephora to get new foundation, etc. I've also stocked up on strapless bathing suits and dresses because I will not even run the risk of a tan line for my wedding! msnparty.gif

I hope everything  is going well for you all!

Originally Posted by hilly1gh View Post

Hello Ladies -

I need your opinion.  My bridesmaids and I (7 total) have appointments at the Royal's spa to get our hair and make-up done for the wedding.  I've been emailing back and forth with a vendor who would come to our room and do our hair & makeup.  His prices are the same as the resort, but I would need to pay the day pass or vendor fee to get him on site.  Should I just keep the spa appointments or is it worth it to have someone prep you in the room where you can order drinks, etc?  The vendor's website is here: http://www.yucatanhair.com/. I've also heard the Resort's spa doesn't always do the best job

Let me know.

Thanks!

Hmm I plan to use the spa for hair only for myself and 5 of my bridesmaids.  I have seen alot of mixed reviews as well but it seems that most brides were unhappy with their makeup and nail treatments?  I am really not fond of this $350 vendor fee so the only time I will pay this is for our photographer.  In my opinion if the pricing is the same why would you pay the extra $$.  I have been in or been to weddings where bridesmaids have also hated their hair/makeup...let's be honest ladies in general are very picky about their hair/make-up so it's likely someone will not be fond of their hair/makeup in the group no matter who is doing it! Seems to always happen...

I would also expect that we can order food/drinks at the salon?

Originally Posted by queenoftheu View Post

It's getting so close I can hardly stand it! 24 days! Woo hoo! I've been assigned Lilia as my onsite... I can't wait to be in Mexico!

I'm going this weekend to do my last minute dress fitting and a makeup consultation at Sephora to get new foundation, etc. I've also stocked up on strapless bathing suits and dresses because I will not even run the risk of a tan line for my wedding! msnparty.gif

Yay! I can't wait to be where you are at!! I am looking forward to hearing all your bride's reviews:) So many of your weddings coming up!

Originally Posted by jenguitard View Post

Hmm I plan to use the spa for hair only for myself and 5 of my bridesmaids.  I have seen alot of mixed reviews as well but it seems that most brides were unhappy with their makeup and nail treatments?  I am really not fond of this $350 vendor fee so the only time I will pay this is for our photographer.  In my opinion if the pricing is the same why would you pay the extra $$.  I have been in or been to weddings where bridesmaids have also hated their hair/makeup...let's be honest ladies in general are very picky about their hair/make-up so it's likely someone will not be fond of their hair/makeup in the group no matter who is doing it! Seems to always happen...

I would also expect that we can order food/drinks at the salon?

Hey Girls!  I just got back from my wedding at the Royal!  Everything was FABULOUS!  Everything ran soooo smoothly and I would love to live it all over again!  We had 64 people at the wedding and it was amazing!  If you have any questions let me know!  The only problem we had was with the outside vendor fees, I tried speaking to a manager while we were there and was very stern about it, but they would not budge.  I had to pay the $350 for my photographer, videographer, and make-up artist!  Huge rip-off.  We used Fernando from make-up pros as our make-up artist and it was totally worth it!  He does and AMAZING job and we fell so in love with him, we wanted him to come to the wedding!  We also did the buffet for our guests which was set up beautifully!  So sad to be back, but don't worry about the small stuff girls, your wedding will be wonderful!

Originally Posted by MrsG511 View Post

Hey Girls!  I just got back from my wedding at the Royal!  Everything was FABULOUS!  Everything ran soooo smoothly and I would love to live it all over again!  We had 64 people at the wedding and it was amazing!  If you have any questions let me know!  The only problem we had was with the outside vendor fees, I tried speaking to a manager while we were there and was very stern about it, but they would not budge.  I had to pay the $350 for my photographer, videographer, and make-up artist!  Huge rip-off.  We used Fernando from make-up pros as our make-up artist and it was totally worth it!  He does and AMAZING job and we fell so in love with him, we wanted him to come to the wedding!  We also did the buffet for our guests which was set up beautifully!  So sad to be back, but don't worry about the small stuff girls, your wedding will be wonderful!

Congrats!!! Good to hear everything went well for you! Excited to see your pictures! 

Congrats!!

Congrats!! Excited to see your photos!! I'm considering booking Fernando but Id like to see some of his work.

Originally Posted by hilly1gh View Post

Hello Ladies -

Let me know.

Thanks!

My mom, MOH, best man's wife, and another friend all had their hair done by the Spa - they all looked amazing. I also had 2 friends who had their makeup done by the Spa and it looked great, too. And... these girls didn't even provide reference pictures and it still looked amazing.

Originally Posted by queenoftheu View Post

Lili was my on-site and she is amazing!