Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Hey Ladies!

 

Can anyone send me an example of their wedding welcome letter?  My fiance and I would love to see some of your ideas and incorperate them into ours.  Thanks a ton!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Andrea434 View Post

 

Hey Ladies!

 

Can anyone send me an example of their wedding welcome letter?  My fiance and I would love to see some of your ideas and incorperate them into ours.  Thanks a ton!!

 

Here's ours...

 

bag thank you card.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try searching all forums - you may find a more examples.

 

Originally Posted by Andrea434 View Post

Hey Ladies!

 

Can anyone send me an example of their wedding welcome letter?  My fiance and I would love to see some of your ideas and incorperate them into ours.  Thanks a ton!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how windy it is over by the ocean gazebo? We're having our ceremony and reception there, and I'm working on candles for the table. I found a really good deal for candles, and I'm hoping that it may not be quite so windy there because the gazebo blocks some of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by deniden View Post


Sorry, I don't really know the answers to the questions... but something to keep in mind, sometimes you are better off piecing together what you want based on a smaller/cheaper package. That's what I did. I made a spreadsheet to calculate the costs based on each package, and for me and what I wanted/needed, the Classic Package was the cheapest.
 

 


 

 


 

Originally Posted by maggiedinh View Post

A couple of questions for you ladies (I'm still trying to catch up on the forums...on page 646 so far) - sorry if this has been answered.

 

1. Are we able to transfer our hair/make-up and face saver treatment that comes in the Luxury package to other people (ex: MIL or father)?

2. Can we move the wedding photographer that comes in the package to the rehearsal dinner?

3. Has anyone opted to do the buffet (for 50+ people)? How was this? Which one did you choose?

4. Has anyone walked over to the MAC store to get your make-up done? 

5. Are the under-table lights for the beach receptions only? Or can we get them if our reception is in the central garden?

 

Thanks for your help ladies!



Hi Maggiedinh,

I don't know if you had your ? answered, but I will try #1 and #2.

1. I am not sure if you will be able to transfer to other people, but you don't have to use the services on the day of the wedding. I am getting my make-up done on Thursday  for the Welcome Cocktail Hour and hair on Saturday for the wedding. My cousin is doing my make-up on the day of the wedding.

2. I think the answer is No, but confirm first. I tried to move the photographer on Thursday for the Welcome Cocktail and was told I can only use him/her for the Ceremony. I have the Ultimate Lux Package and is clearly stated on my package list that the photographer for the Ceremony. So I think you may get the same answer . . . .  but it doesn't hurt to ask.

 

Rocio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rocio!

 

I asked my WC about some of these and these were her answers:

 

 

1. Are we able to transfer our hair/make-up and face saver treatment that comes in the Luxury package to other people (ex: MIL or father

       Package inclusions have no cash value and cannot be substituted or exchanged for additional services neither give to some one else.

2. Can we move the wedding photographer that comes in the package to the rehearsal dinner?

       You can not move the photographer service to another date.  Must be the same date of the wedding.

3. Has anyone opted to do the buffet (for 50+ people)? How was this? Which one did you choose?

4. Has anyone walked over to the MAC store to get your make-up done? 

5. Are the under-table lights for the beach receptions only? Or can we get them if our reception is in the central garden?

       The lights under the tables are under availability. (what does this mean??)

 

 

That's good to hear that they let you transfer the make-up to another night! I will ask my WC about that! 

 

 

Maggie 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsosadpt View Post

Hi Maggiedinh,

I don't know if you had your ? answered, but I will try #1 and #2.

1. I am not sure if you will be able to transfer to other people, but you don't have to use the services on the day of the wedding. I am getting my make-up done on Thursday  for the Welcome Cocktail Hour and hair on Saturday for the wedding. My cousin is doing my make-up on the day of the wedding.

2. I think the answer is No, but confirm first. I tried to move the photographer on Thursday for the Welcome Cocktail and was told I can only use him/her for the Ceremony. I have the Ultimate Lux Package and is clearly stated on my package list that the photographer for the Ceremony. So I think you may get the same answer . . . .  but it doesn't hurt to ask.

 

Rocio

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

 

It's been awhile since I've read through this forum but I'm remembering reading mix reviews regarding the hair and make-up at the Spa.  Anyone have any feedback on these services?  I think I read on someone's review that the make-up artist made the bride or bridemaid(s) look like they were from the 80's.  This kinda alarms me!  I'm thinking of having someone come to our hotel room to do hair & make-up (willing to pay the vendor fee) but there are so many of us I'm afraid there will not be enough time so will need to have some girls go to the Spa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm taking my chances with the spa. in reading the forum, I found mixed reviews, but it seems like almost no matter what you do (spa, 5th Ave salon, etc), there's a chance you'll have to redo it.

 

the hairstyle I'm envisioning is pretty simple, and if I need to change it to something from their book, that's ok. I'm planning to bring several of my own makeup components for them to apply (foundation, powder, brow color, blush, eyelash curler, lipstick - wow, ok, that's pretty much everything ; ). I also plan to visit the bobbi brown counter before I go to get a wedding makeup tutorial in the event I need to DIY.

 

all in all, I think as long as you're prepared to either work with them or fix it yourself, you'll be good in the worst-case scenario. in the best-case, you'll love everything. I'll try to provide a review on the whole experience after I get back, which will give you 4 or so weeks to decide. for me, the cost of bringing in someone from outside and then paying the vendor fee was simply too much to consider. fingers crossed that it will turn out well. : )

 

one final note, my brother's wife got married locally, and I watched her do her makeup entirely herself. she had sort of an Avril Lavigne mantra, where she figured she knew what looked best on her so why ask someone else to do it?

 

best of luck with your decision.

 

-kelly

 

Originally Posted by KaraKristine View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

It's been awhile since I've read through this forum but I'm remembering reading mix reviews regarding the hair and make-up at the Spa.  Anyone have any feedback on these services?  I think I read on someone's review that the make-up artist made the bride or bridemaid(s) look like they were from the 80's.  This kinda alarms me!  I'm thinking of having someone come to our hotel room to do hair & make-up (willing to pay the vendor fee) but there are so many of us I'm afraid there will not be enough time so will need to have some girls go to the Spa. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My plan. up until a hairstylist/makeup artist friend decided to join us in Mexico, was to get my hair/makeup done at the Spa.

 

I was going to just have a hair trial and a makeup trial here and take lots of pics. I was also going to purchase the makeup used... and bring it all down to the Spa so they could (hopefully) recreate.

 

Originally Posted by KaraKristine View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

It's been awhile since I've read through this forum but I'm remembering reading mix reviews regarding the hair and make-up at the Spa.  Anyone have any feedback on these services?  I think I read on someone's review that the make-up artist made the bride or bridemaid(s) look like they were from the 80's.  This kinda alarms me!  I'm thinking of having someone come to our hotel room to do hair & make-up (willing to pay the vendor fee) but there are so many of us I'm afraid there will not be enough time so will need to have some girls go to the Spa. 


Quote:

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

I'm taking my chances with the spa. in reading the forum, I found mixed reviews, but it seems like almost no matter what you do (spa, 5th Ave salon, etc), there's a chance you'll have to redo it.

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×