Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

 

Hello I have been trying to plan my wedding at The Royal for August 11 2012 so many decisions to make I don't even know where to start.

I am having a Spiritual Ceremony  at 5:00 in the Gazebo at The Royal

The Cocktails and Reception at the Main Garden 

I chose the Luxury Wedding Package.

 

Questions:

Do you ladies recommend getting a DJ or using the IPOD?

Do I need placecards?

Do you recommend spending the money on a fancy dance floor (lighting up)?

Do you recommend getting center pieces?

Do you recommend getting the lounge furniture?

Any other extra choices I should consider?

What are the favors for, and does everyone get one? Are these purchased while in Play?

Are there any appetizers you highly recommend I get?

Please if you know of any other things I should be considering let me know

 

So excited to get married but I need to have everything done before the end of February.

I am noticing that my wedding planner from the Royal takes about 1-2 weeks to reply to any of my questions so hopefully you ladies can help me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


a lot of your questions have been asked and answered in this forum previously. honestly, the best thing to do is pour a nice glass of wine (or several) and read back through the previous few hundred posts. it will provide more information and viewpoints than we could do quickly. there's also the ability to search this forum for specific things - like DJ or lighted dance floor. hopefully that will give you a solid foundation for wedding planning. 
 

Originally Posted by EP27 View Post

 

Hello I have been trying to plan my wedding at The Royal for August 11 2012 so many decisions to make I don't even know where to start.

I am having a Spiritual Ceremony  at 5:00 in the Gazebo at The Royal

The Cocktails and Reception at the Main Garden 

I chose the Luxury Wedding Package.

 

Questions:

Do you ladies recommend getting a DJ or using the IPOD?

Do I need placecards?

Do you recommend spending the money on a fancy dance floor (lighting up)?

Do you recommend getting center pieces?

Do you recommend getting the lounge furniture?

Any other extra choices I should consider?

What are the favors for, and does everyone get one? Are these purchased while in Play?

Are there any appetizers you highly recommend I get?

Please if you know of any other things I should be considering let me know

 

So excited to get married but I need to have everything done before the end of February.

I am noticing that my wedding planner from the Royal takes about 1-2 weeks to reply to any of my questions so hopefully you ladies can help me!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by queenoftheu View Post

 

Man, this thread has gotten to be DEPRESSING! Isn't anyone else having a good experience?!

 

I have had zero issues with my wedding. I chose a destination wedding so that I could have a totally laid back experience and NOT deal with so much stress. When I have a question (which is rare), I ask my coordinator, and she answers me in a timely fashion. There have been no surprises in what I can or cannot do or what they charge. Everything for me has been smooth sailing, and I cannot WAIT for my wedding!

 

I hope there are some of you out there who feel the same way!

 

 

I've gotta say - I have NO complaints so far. My online wedding coordinator, Ana, is fabulous! My travel agent is fabulous! Every question is answered within hours and they haven't told me no about a thing. Yes, the vendor fee sucks, but we knew about it coming in thanks to this awesome thread. I've really enjoyed the planning and it's been stress free for me (except for family drama! LOL)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to change coordinators? My WC is Elsa Torres and she usually takes a month (literally) to respond to my question.  I have asked her the same question maybe 5 times now and she never directly answers my question.  I first started asking her about a larger dance floor in October, and I still don't have an answer from her!  Keep in mind, this is practically the only thing I've been asking her about.  

 

At first I wasn't freaking out because my wedding is quite a ways away, but this service is just atrocious.  

 

Just curious if anyone has had success in changing coordinators.  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Well it is depressing because they keep messing with people and changing things and not giving what is promised. I am sorry but for the amount of money I am giving to this resort there is not reason there should be an additional reception on that beach. Noise carries on beaches. Which means 2 DJ will be fighting it out. Plus if there reception starts before mine we will hear all the muisc down wind..not ideal. I am paying for the most expensive package and adding additional ala carte..honestly it is just disappointing that they really are not interested in your needs or wants ..they just want brides that will come down and have a cookie cutter wedding and be happy. They give alot of false advertisement starting with their web page. But like I said we may just take our business somewhere else.

Originally Posted by queenoftheu View Post

Man, this thread has gotten to be DEPRESSING! Isn't anyone else having a good experience?!

 

I have had zero issues with my wedding. I chose a destination wedding so that I could have a totally laid back experience and NOT deal with so much stress. When I have a question (which is rare), I ask my coordinator, and she answers me in a timely fashion. There have been no surprises in what I can or cannot do or what they charge. Everything for me has been smooth sailing, and I cannot WAIT for my wedding!

 

I hope there are some of you out there who feel the same way!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Royal is a great location and so central that your guests will have a great vacation! It really is a huge advantage to be located right in the heart of Playa.  I did a recent shoot there on the beach in the late afternoon. The lighting was very romantic and soft and there were very few people on the beach.  Check out MY BLOG to see the FULL shoot.

 

Beach wedding at The Royal, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

 

Beach wedding at The Royal, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

 

Beach wedding at The Royal, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had an early afternoon wedding on the beach? The only time that was available was a 1pm slot. This was not ideal, but we really wanted the ceremony on the beach. What I am wondering is how did you handle the events after the ceremony in terms of timeframe? It seems from other posts that there can't really be any time lags between the events. Seems that would have us eating dinner very early. Would love to hear any comments or suggestions from any of you previous brides or brides to be. Thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that you are frustrated, but this was clearly not the right resort for you to choose for the level of service you want. The Royal is a big hotel that does a ton of weddings, and to be frank, someone else will fill your slot if you decide to cancel. They have specific wedding packages, and all of their additional costs and rules are quite clearly spelled out in their contract. They do not promise you that you'll have the beach to yourself, and they don't have to. You had a choice of reception locations, which leaves those additional locations that you did not choose open to all of the other brides who want to get married there and are spending just as much money as you are.

 

I have worked in travel booking destination weddings. There are small resorts that will give you the service you want, and there are resorts that will only book one wedding a day to make sure you get special attention. I would recommend that you talk to a travel agent and find a hotel that will give you what you want. You cannot force the Royal to be what you want it to be, but you can certainly find a place that is better suited to the kind of wedding you want to have.

 

As for me, I am less than 4 months away from my wedding, and I have had zero issues with my experience. I have everything booked the way I want it to be, and all I have to do is hand in my guest list, meal choices, and final payment when I'm 45 days away. I am so excited to be a bride, but I do not expect my wedding hotel to treat me like a queen. I expect them to provide my wedding location and reception so that I can celebrate my love with my future husband and my family and friends.
 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post


Well it is depressing because they keep messing with people and changing things and not giving what is promised. I am sorry but for the amount of money I am giving to this resort there is not reason there should be an additional reception on that beach. Noise carries on beaches. Which means 2 DJ will be fighting it out. Plus if there reception starts before mine we will hear all the muisc down wind..not ideal. I am paying for the most expensive package and adding additional ala carte..honestly it is just disappointing that they really are not interested in your needs or wants ..they just want brides that will come down and have a cookie cutter wedding and be happy. They give alot of false advertisement starting with their web page. But like I said we may just take our business somewhere else.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies

 

Just out of curiousity who is next to become a Mrs??

 

I can't believe Jan has nearly gone, its going too quick! My WC marizta has been really helpfull so far. I agree with u queenoftheu. There is no way in a million years I would not get married at the royal. Every bride on here has been worried about the big day but most brides are, where ever they get married. But also every bride on here has said they had absolutly nothing to worry about because their day went PERFECT!.

 

I have every confindence that all of the royal brides will have a fantastic day. x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×