Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

used to be the rule was you could have a choice of two entrees if you found a way to distinguish it to the waitstaff (i.e. different colored stickers on the seating cards). I think they will let you. I was planning to give guests a choice between the beef filet (tournado?) and the red snapper. good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Maroon13,

 

I just got back from my wedding at the Royal - AMAZING!  - I had it in the gazebo which was perfect. The beach is NOT at all private, it's really windy (most days) You will have a lot of people walking through at all times.  I had a few people walk through before and after the ceremony. one harry guy in a speedo which was gross People stayed away for the most part during the ceremony.  But the gazebo has a beautiful walkway, gorgeous scenary, the beach is behind it and the wind is blocked more than on the beach.   Hands down - Gazebo. 

 

Be sure to have a rehearsal, ask your wedding coordinator to be there and ensure she blocks off sections of the walkway. before, during and after. 

 

have fun and be sure to relax :)

 

Steph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steph,

 

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!! Did you have you reception on the beach or ballroom? I would prefer beach but I have read reviews about how short they are getting. I don't want to have to end the party early!

 

Thanks,

Marin

Originally Posted by StephandChad View Post

Hi Maroon13,

 

I just got back from my wedding at the Royal - AMAZING!  - I had it in the gazebo which was perfect. The beach is NOT at all private, it's really windy (most days) You will have a lot of people walking through at all times.  I had a few people walk through before and after the ceremony. one harry guy in a speedo which was gross People stayed away for the most part during the ceremony.  But the gazebo has a beautiful walkway, gorgeous scenary, the beach is behind it and the wind is blocked more than on the beach.   Hands down - Gazebo. 

 

Be sure to have a rehearsal, ask your wedding coordinator to be there and ensure she blocks off sections of the walkway. before, during and after. 

 

have fun and be sure to relax :)

 

Steph



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I am getting a bit worried. It seems as though everyone does not like the beach option as a ceremony option. We picked mexico because we wanted to get married on the beach. I am requesting the beach behind the gazebo for the reception. Hopefully I will get it. But everyone on here has us really worried that we made a bad choice for the ceremony and I know the Gazebo is not available because there is a wedding 1 hour before us there. Any one out there get married on the beach at the royal? We also choose the beach for the reception..I know you can only have 5 hours but that will be enough for alot of our guest..most of us young people will just go out after if we need to!

Also anyone here use the Royal's lounge furniture? Was it nice?

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Steph,

 

I asked about a rehersal and they said they don't do that.  How did you get them to block time?  I want to tell the wedding party in advance what time to do the rehersal because everyone is coming in on different days and some of them are staying outside the resort.  Any advice is welcomed!

 

Thanks,

Erin


 

Originally Posted by StephandChad View Post

Hi Maroon13,

 

I just got back from my wedding at the Royal - AMAZING!  - I had it in the gazebo which was perfect. The beach is NOT at all private, it's really windy (most days) You will have a lot of people walking through at all times.  I had a few people walk through before and after the ceremony. one harry guy in a speedo which was gross People stayed away for the most part during the ceremony.  But the gazebo has a beautiful walkway, gorgeous scenary, the beach is behind it and the wind is blocked more than on the beach.   Hands down - Gazebo. 

 

Be sure to have a rehearsal, ask your wedding coordinator to be there and ensure she blocks off sections of the walkway. before, during and after. 

 

have fun and be sure to relax :)

 

Steph



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Ladies! Living Social currently has a deal - $10 for $50 worth of printouts (invitations, business cards, postcards, etc.) at VistaPrint! Since there is a limit of one per customer, my fiancé and I each bought one...$20 for $100 worth of prints we plan on using for OOT guides to include in our OOT bags, menus, and programs. For many of you DIY-ers, may not be a bad idea for what we are doing or even STDs or invitations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by hilly1gh View Post

 

I kept asking my wedding coordinator about allowing the guests to choose between two entrees... she worded it that she could ask for the exception but that they would need to know exactly how many of each entree ahead of time.

 

Keep asking your wedding coordinator.  My original one wasn't that responsive, but when she left on maternity leave, I was given Ana and she's been pretty great.  She responds timely and tries to answer all my questions.

 

If you want to give your quests an option, keep requesting the Royal to make that happen - they can do it!

 

 

 

 

 

I had 2 entrees and used punches from Michael's to distinguish b/t the two: 100_1814.JPG

 

Originally Posted by marooon13 View Post

 

Steph,

 

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!! Did you have you reception on the beach or ballroom? I would prefer beach but I have read reviews about how short they are getting. I don't want to have to end the party early!

 

Thanks,

Marin

 

 

 

I wouldn't have traded my beach reception for the world. It's such a one of a kind experience to dance and have fun with family and friends under the stars and near the waves :)

 

 

 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

 

 

 

I am getting a bit worried. It seems as though everyone does not like the beach option as a ceremony option. We picked mexico because we wanted to get married on the beach. I am requesting the beach behind the gazebo for the reception. Hopefully I will get it. But everyone on here has us really worried that we made a bad choice for the ceremony and I know the Gazebo is not available because there is a wedding 1 hour before us there. Any one out there get married on the beach at the royal? We also choose the beach for the reception..I know you can only have 5 hours but that will be enough for alot of our guest..most of us young people will just go out after if we need to!

Also anyone here use the Royal's lounge furniture? Was it nice?

Thanks!!

 

Aww girly, if you want a beach ceremony, do it!! The ladies who had ceremonies on the beach (friends on this forum) all had beautiful ceremonies. Granted, people are going to swarm your wedding, but you will be completely oblivious and only notice your FI :). Some bone-headed people will also walk behind your ceremony (b/t you and water), but any photographer worth his/her salt will be able to photoshop them out and the pictures will come out gorgeous :)

 

I liked The Royal's lounge furniture and did use it.

 

 

Originally Posted by missbizzybee View Post

 

Hi, Ladies! Living Social currently has a deal - $10 for $50 worth of printouts (invitations, business cards, postcards, etc.) at VistaPrint! Since there is a limit of one per customer, my fiancé and I each bought one...$20 for $100 worth of prints we plan on using for OOT guides to include in our OOT bags, menus, and programs. For many of you DIY-ers, may not be a bad idea for what we are doing or even STDs or invitations? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to add to missbusybee! Yes, Vistaprint is a god send. Sign up asap and you will get periodic emails about free stuff. I got free: brochures, t-shirts, pens for oot bags, postcards and even used business cards as notices for my shutterfly room for guests to upload wedding pics :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi - where do you see the deal on Living Social?  Everytime I sign in its only deals for my area.  I'm lost at how to navigate their site.
 

Originally Posted by missbizzybee View Post

Hi, Ladies! Living Social currently has a deal - $10 for $50 worth of printouts (invitations, business cards, postcards, etc.) at VistaPrint! Since there is a limit of one per customer, my fiancé and I each bought one...$20 for $100 worth of prints we plan on using for OOT guides to include in our OOT bags, menus, and programs. For many of you DIY-ers, may not be a bad idea for what we are doing or even STDs or invitations? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kate,

 

I am getting married in June at the Royal also! Its only 5 months away and I just have my dress and the bridesmaids dresses picked out. =( I feel a bit behind but we are hitting it hard now that the holidays are over! We are also doing our ceremony at 5 at the gazebo and the reception on the beach. We were also worried about lighting but based on pictures from other brides, it looks like the lighting will be perfect! We are going for a DJ and the light up dance floor which I seem to help a lot.

 

Have you decided on your photographer yet?

Also, are you going through the resort for your flowers?

 

Happy planning to you Kate and all the other future brides to be out there!

 

All stress aside, I am trying to take every second in!

 

~Jess

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×