Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

 

That is awesome!! great to hear everyone loves your invites!! Isnt it an amazing feeling when they all love them and you let them knwo "hey I made these" lol.....I loved ours! It was truly a labor of love!!! Please find some time to post at least a pic of them =)

 

I remember that time of "hold"..it was like you had all this time in the world to do nothing, and then BAM you get hit with the "OMG my wedding is in 3 months and i have 1 million details to work on!!" best feeling ever lol..........

 

I did see your flower inspiration pics on another thread......so pretty!!!

 

Who did you end up choosing for photography and video??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm thinking maybe in a week or two, I'll be able to do my Passport Invite Thread. I know that so many girls on here helped inspire me to do mine and gave me the confidence to try it, so I'm hoping I can do the same for others. "Labor of love" - love that, it definitely was. :)

 

I'm a detail psycho, so I have all these spreadsheets and word documents with everything I've been finding and "liking" and ideas, lol. I can't wait until we are closer and all those details come together and we can start really ordering stuff.

 

We are using Juan Navarro for photography and Mike from Cancun Wedding Video for videography. Originially, I didn't even want a videographer, but then I was reading all these threads and reviews from girls who had a videographer, and decided I need to have 1. So, those two things were the most important to me - it's the only way to preserve all your memories from that 1 single day. I love going to the sites and watching the videos or looking at the pictures. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait to see them! were you guys affected badley by the hurricane??? Luckily here in RI we just had a lot of power outages. Some of the images of damages are so sad.

 

Well two GREAT vendors for photography and cinematography!! We had Ivan Luckie and Mediamorfosis for ours.....and i agree, best decision ever! we are still waiting for both pics and video and cant wait! it's a great way to "relive" the day.....and Hey, while pics are AMAZING being able to hear yourself saying your vows, or funny comments made with the ladies while getting ready, it's just amazing......and i get goosebumps just thinking about it.......

 

Being overly detailed oriented and organized just means you know exactly what you want and I know your wedding will be amazing!!
 

Good luck with everything!! =)
 

Originally Posted by deniden View Post




 

I'm thinking maybe in a week or two, I'll be able to do my Passport Invite Thread. I know that so many girls on here helped inspire me to do mine and gave me the confidence to try it, so I'm hoping I can do the same for others. "Labor of love" - love that, it definitely was. :)

 

I'm a detail psycho, so I have all these spreadsheets and word documents with everything I've been finding and "liking" and ideas, lol. I can't wait until we are closer and all those details come together and we can start really ordering stuff.

 

We are using Juan Navarro for photography and Mike from Cancun Wedding Video for videography. Originially, I didn't even want a videographer, but then I was reading all these threads and reviews from girls who had a videographer, and decided I need to have 1. So, those two things were the most important to me - it's the only way to preserve all your memories from that 1 single day. I love going to the sites and watching the videos or looking at the pictures. :)
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Cant wait to see them! were you guys affected badley by the hurricane??? Luckily here in RI we just had a lot of power outages. Some of the images of damages are so sad.

 

 

We were VERY lucky. We live down near Atlantic City. We, personally, didn't have any damage or lose power or anything. The biggest scare for us was the tornado warning - my mom, sister and I got in the basement with all of our dogs, lol. My fiance worked through the hurricane (he's a Critical Care Nurse/Paramedic) so I was mostly worried about him. There's a lot of flooding around us though, and some major roads closed. But honestly, we were SO lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0308.JPG

DSC_0334.JPG

 

These are some pics from the last wedding at The Royal, they had to move the reception at Ballrooms because the rain, was a great party!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Labebita911 View Post

 

Did anyone get a discount for vacation package for being bride and groom??

 

what travel agent did everyone use??

 

I know that we have a discounted group rate for our group. I am using Becky of Beach Bum Vacations - becky@beachbumvacation.com

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those who had beach ceremony/reception meaning on the sand.. did guest complain about heat??? i just dont see  the point of a beach/destination wedding if you have the reception in a ballroom../ unless rain the the cause..besidea my dream and whole point is to have everything on the sand.. . but i dont want to torture guest in the hotness.. I thought it was pleasant.. I traveled in July and didnt find the heat oppresive at all at night.. it was nice and breezy.. just wanted your thuoghts.. Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my cocktail hour and Reception on the beach.....and not one person complained about heat! it's so pleasantly nice after 5pm....especially because yours is at the Royal in Cancun and you kow the sand is shaded by 4-4:30 right in front of the resort! so no worries! my guests absolutely loved everything.....heat is something very unimportant when everyone is in the spirit of the wedding/fun! It's like they dont even think about it....ESPECIALLY where there's alcohol being served to them left and right lol

 

Originally Posted by Labebita911 View Post

those who had beach ceremony/reception meaning on the sand.. did guest complain about heat??? i just dont see  the point of a beach/destination wedding if you have the reception in a ballroom../ unless rain the the cause..besidea my dream and whole point is to have everything on the sand.. . but i dont want to torture guest in the hotness.. I thought it was pleasant.. I traveled in July and didnt find the heat oppresive at all at night.. it was nice and breezy.. just wanted your thuoghts.. Thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey ladies - qq about music for any past brides. do you think the Royal wireless is strong enough to stream music from Rhapsody? I thought it might be the easiest way to listen to tunes poolside and/or during the beach reception. has anyone attempted this? my inclination is that the connection would frequently break up, but I wanted to check with you all first.

 

also, if anyone is a repeat visitor, is it really as quiet now as they say around the main pool? or is the activity just more contained to the area near the swing bar? I'd be sad if they got rid of all the crazy games, etc.

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you might want to check is Rhapsody works in mexico? I know Pandora did not work (due to some restrictions etc)..........

 

I got married at The Royal In cancun, and as far as activities/music around the pool; it was the same as it was when we went last year! loud and fun lol

 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

hey ladies - qq about music for any past brides. do you think the Royal wireless is strong enough to stream music from Rhapsody? I thought it might be the easiest way to listen to tunes poolside and/or during the beach reception. has anyone attempted this? my inclination is that the connection would frequently break up, but I wanted to check with you all first.

 

also, if anyone is a repeat visitor, is it really as quiet now as they say around the main pool? or is the activity just more contained to the area near the swing bar? I'd be sad if they got rid of all the crazy games, etc.

 

thanks!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×