ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

ya 25 guests - I've been saying that's my cutoff, as in if we get 25 people, I'll hire a DJ. however, I think also the age of people plays into it, as does your level of comfort with loading up an ipod list. other brides have said that the dinner took awhile, and there was really only an hour or so of DJ-inspired dancing after eating, unless you extend the reception for the extra hour, which means more money, etc. ; )

I think it just comes down to who your guests are and whether or not you (or someone in the wedding party maybe?) has the time to work on a playlist. let me know what you decide!

We used our Ipod, as much fun as the DJ looked, I am glad we just went with the Ipod, we finished pictures at 7:30pm so thats when the reception started. We did our first dance, mother/son and father/daughter dances prior to the meal so the photographer could finish up then. But by the time the meal was finished we had about 1 1/2 hrs of dance time, since the receptions are for 3 hrs. If I could go back and do it again that is the only thing I would have changed, I would have paid for the extra hr for the reception.

I used a DJ even I had only 22 guests.  It was way easier without playing attention to the ipod, since we got tons of guests who had speeches, and my hubby was a DJ, and is very keen on music, it was worth the extra expense.  However, I didn't get the lite up floor, because my guests aren't the dancing type, but I got the firework, and it added an extra oh la la factor to the whole reception.

In my opinion, if you have guests that will really enjoy dancing it is definitely worth the money to hire DJ Doremixx (Ivan).  He was absolutely perfect, and the light-up dance floor really made the reception.  I had 31 guests but most of them love to dance, and boy did they dance during the reception!  Seeing everyone having a fabulous time was well worth the cost.  If your group isn't really the dancing type then I definitely would go the iPod route :)

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

for anyone with iffy guests, this is a FANTASTIC article on the safety of mexico - with emphasis on the yucatan penninsula:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2011%2F08%2F18%2FTR3O1KLPOQ.DTL

Excellent article! THANKS!

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I am confused about.  Do I have to get a marriage license from the state that I live in and I also read that if you are an American you need to get an apostille from the secretary of state of where you were born?  Is this correct?  In other words what do i need for the marriage to be legal in the USA

Sara

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

How's planning going for everyone??? things have been REALLY quiet in here! lol

It HAS been super quiet!

We went out our DIY Passport invites last week. Everyone has LOVED them. It makes me so proud that we did them ourselves. I love coming home from work, checking the mailbox and seeing if any of the RSVP postcards have arrived. :) I've been trying to find the time to take pictures of them and make a thread with the template but with the hurricane and all, we've been super busy.

Since things are kind of "on hold" until we have a headcount, I've just making notes with my ideas for OOT bags, favors, etc. My dress is ordered, and we plan on ordering the guys' suits in December/January time frame. Other than that, my flowers are picked out (via Marvin), photographer & videographer are booked, and now I'm just reading reading reading lots of stuff on the forum. :)

That is awesome!! great to hear everyone loves your invites!! Isnt it an amazing feeling when they all love them and you let them knwo "hey I made these" lol.....I loved ours! It was truly a labor of love!!! Please find some time to post at least a pic of them =)

I remember that time of "hold"..it was like you had all this time in the world to do nothing, and then BAM you get hit with the "OMG my wedding is in 3 months and i have 1 million details to work on!!" best feeling ever lol..........

I did see your flower inspiration pics on another thread......so pretty!!!

Who did you end up choosing for photography and video??

Originally Posted by deniden View Post

It HAS been super quiet!

We went out our DIY Passport invites last week. Everyone has LOVED them. It makes me so proud that we did them ourselves. I love coming home from work, checking the mailbox and seeing if any of the RSVP postcards have arrived. :) I've been trying to find the time to take pictures of them and make a thread with the template but with the hurricane and all, we've been super busy.

Since things are kind of "on hold" until we have a headcount, I've just making notes with my ideas for OOT bags, favors, etc. My dress is ordered, and we plan on ordering the guys' suits in December/January time frame. Other than that, my flowers are picked out (via Marvin), photographer & videographer are booked, and now I'm just reading reading reading lots of stuff on the forum. :)