Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

that's odd - not sure why my previous message was blank. for diamax21 and JoZee - there is a local flower store called Floweria Iris on 30th Ave and Constituyentes (about a 10 minute walk from the Royal). according to one bride, $40 was enough for flowers to make three small bouquets, three boutonnieres and three wrist corsages, but they assembled everything themselves.

real touch or DIY bouquets from michael's are another affordable option. also, I think the royal offers a single rose (or flower) tied with a ribbon for $15 ea (that may be a prior year's pricing).

Originally Posted by dimax21 View Post

Is everyone doing bridesmaid bouquets? I am working on this now, waiting to hear back from Marvin at Mayo Diseno. It seems like our budget keeps expanding-- and we really need to cap it because there is still the AHR to pay for! Any suggestions on how to find more affordable flower options?

thank you! I will have to check that out when I am there!!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

that's odd - not sure why my previous message was blank. for diamax21 and JoZee - there is a local flower store called Floweria Iris on 30th Ave and Constituyentes (about a 10 minute walk from the Royal). according to one bride, $40 was enough for flowers to make three small bouquets, three boutonnieres and three wrist corsages, but they assembled everything themselves.

real touch or DIY bouquets from michael's are another affordable option. also, I think the royal offers a single rose (or flower) tied with a ribbon for $15 ea (that may be a prior year's pricing).

Originally Posted by Aricak64 View Post

JoZee84- when is your wedding?  I noticed all the prices went up for 2012.  The minster, JP, Rabbi, etc is 400 in 2011, but in 2012 the price went up to 500.

This june, but we got pricing for 2010 cause thats when we booked it.

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Hey Ladies - I had my bachelorhood party this weekend in Atlantic City! Me and 9 of my friends got a limo and club hopped til 6am.. Now no wedding event is without drama so here it is - before we left the hotel room for the party, my older single sister decided to show me what dress she was going to wear for the wedding (she is not in the wedding party, you'll see why in a sec).. This bi*** had the nerve to show me a MINI dress from BCBG!! Guess what color the dress is - WHITE and black!!! And I don't mean a little white. The dress is a skunk!! Black on the sides and a HUGE WIDE white stripe down the middle and back!! What do I do? Am I being a bridezilla here? I told her she is not wearing the dress and that I was done with the conversation and then I walked out of the room. But she is just nuts enough to do it!! Her excuse is that she doesn't have money to buy a dress (she drives a white BMW) and she can't wear "cheap shi*." Okay seriously, dresses are not that expensive. I told her to go to Marshall's, JCPenny or something.  Her response was that she doesn't want to fight for clothes.. WTF?! Seriously, people at Marshalls are not savages.. I can't even...

The fact that this chick even thought it was okay / appropriate to wear a short, tight, black and white dress to my wedding... And my sister isn't small! What to do?!  We leave in 2 weeks!! How do I tell this chic this upsets me without causin awkwardness or getting into a fight?

! I know you don't want to cause a fight, but what if you went shopping for another dress with her?  Try explaining that your upset about it.  If it were me i'd just ask her to go shopping and then find your way to the dress section in what ever store your in.     Good luck!  msnwink.gif

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Hey Ladies - I had my bachelorhood party this weekend in Atlantic City! Me and 9 of my friends got a limo and club hopped til 6am.. Now no wedding event is without drama so here it is - before we left the hotel room for the party, my older single sister decided to show me what dress she was going to wear for the wedding (she is not in the wedding party, you'll see why in a sec).. This bi*** had the nerve to show me a MINI dress from BCBG!! Guess what color the dress is - WHITE and black!!! And I don't mean a little white. The dress is a skunk!! Black on the sides and a HUGE WIDE white stripe down the middle and back!! What do I do? Am I being a bridezilla here? I told her she is not wearing the dress and that I was done with the conversation and then I walked out of the room. But she is just nuts enough to do it!! Her excuse is that she doesn't have money to buy a dress (she drives a white BMW) and she can't wear "cheap shi*." Okay seriously, dresses are not that expensive. I told her to go to Marshall's, JCPenny or something.  Her response was that she doesn't want to fight for clothes.. WTF?! Seriously, people at Marshalls are not savages.. I can't even...

The fact that this chick even thought it was okay / appropriate to wear a short, tight, black and white dress to my wedding... And my sister isn't small! What to do?!  We leave in 2 weeks!! How do I tell this chic this upsets me without causin awkwardness or getting into a fight?

DIAHR - I'm sure you will laugh about it one day. First just take a deep breath and try to relax. I agree with you that the dress is not appropriate for a wedding. This is not club wedding. LOL... And BCBG is not cheap - even on sale the dresses are around $150. I know - I own a few myself. I agree with Jozee - you should schedule a shopping trip with her to find an appropriate outfit. Too bad she can't return that dress. That's not even a cute combo!

Hey girls!  Does anyone have the Classic Dinner Menu in Spanish?  If so, can you PM me?  I'm making my dinner menu and would like to have both English & Spanish translations if possible.  Thanks so much!

Also, if anyone is looking for travel size Aloe, Bed, Bath & Beyond sells them for .99 and currently they have a $5 off coupon if you spend $15 - save where you can right?

Also, if anyone is looking for travel size Aloe, Bed, Bath & Beyond sells them for .99 and currently they have a $5 off coupon if you spend $15 - save where you can right?

Hi, Everyone!

Well, I am recently engaged, and I've been dreaming about my Royal wedding for quite some time now!

I'm hoping to get some advice on ceremony time. We're going to get married May 19, 2012, and I would like a 5PM ceremony time. I asked the WC I was assigned about sunset time for that time of year, and I asked if I would still have light throughout my picture taking until 6:30PM. She wrote back that the sunset at 6PM, but she didn't elaborate. Does that mean the sun is down at 6PM, or is it starting to set and I'll have light for another half hour?

For those of you getting married that time of year, what time did you make your ceremony? I really want to get my deposit in and lock it down!

Thanks!