Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies,

 

So I want to have a slideshow of pictures of my FI and I, all of our friends and family, etc. during the reception. I asked my wedding coordinator what she had available for this, and she quoted me $350 for a plasma TV and $70 for a DVD player.  I think this is absolutely absurd! You cnan BUY a plasma TV for that much.

 

Did anyone else have pictures playing at the reception?  If so, how did you go about doing it?  I was thinking of maybe bringing a laptop and at least have it at one of the side tables during the reception.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey we had 5 tables between 6 and 8 just depending.  It seemed like a perfect number!
 

Originally Posted by GC2008 View Post

hi guys - can some past brides tell me how many people per table they had and how many tables altogether looks best at a beach reception?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I got married on the 12th of this month and we even booked our Photographer at the REAL (also known as Real Crap) from some of our guests....haha...but we had no issues what so ever.  I didn't even discuss it, he was a guest at my wedding.  He had a room and a meal.  But seriously no issues at all.

Originally Posted by violagirl View Post

Hi all,


I'm curious about how people booked a room for their photographer...from what I'm seeing, the cost of a room for one night is almost as much as the outside vendor fee anyway.  Also, if we were to book him at the Gran Porto, would that still help us avoid the vendor fee?  Finally, how did people confirm that the fee would be waived if the outside vendor were a guest?

 

I'm also a little concerned about bringing decorations through customs...I haven't been saving my receipts!  Would printed email confirmations suffice? 

 

Wow, I am definitely a last-minute kind of girl.  2.5 months to go, still haven't done much of anything!  Next steps: contact the florist, ask some questions of the photographer, finalize the menu and cake (hoping I can get the Tres Leche!), and start preparing myself for a crazy bachelorette party :)

 

Thanks!
Jen



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by PlayaWedding View Post

 

Can anyone tell me some info on the Tres Leche Cake..I have seen a lot of brides on here talk about it, but have never came across on the website for the Royal??

 

PlayaWedding -

 

I think it really depends on your WC. Last year some of the brides mentioned that they no longer offer the tres leches cake as a wedding cake. I don't remember why - but I know a few brides were not able to pick that cake. Then again - the Royal tends to make changes whenever it suits them. Crossing fingers you get your cake!

 

Lisa - Did you have a tres leches wedding cake?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by slin2011 View Post

 

I called to book the date and am working with Maritza Guzman.  I told her that I wanted to book the beach reception and she said OK...but now looking at the receipt that was sent to me for the deposit, it only specifies the reception venue.  There's no mention of a beach reception...I'm so confused.  And...Maritza is on vacation until March 1.  Boo.  So did everyone get a contract after they made their initial deposit?  All I got was a receipt of payment and I was asked to complete a form with our personal info (ie name, dob, etc).  Is anyone else working with Maritza?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After we made our deposit my WC (Elsa) sent us our contract with the ceremony and reception areas and times along with confirmation of birthdays wedding date names ect. 

 

 

Originally Posted by violagirl View Post

 

Hi all,

 

I'm curious about how people booked a room for their photographer...from what I'm seeing, the cost of a room for one night is almost as much as the outside vendor fee anyway.  Also, if we were to book him at the Gran Porto, would that still help us avoid the vendor fee?  Finally, how did people confirm that the fee would be waived if the outside vendor were a guest?

 

I'm also a little concerned about bringing decorations through customs...I haven't been saving my receipts!  Would printed email confirmations suffice? 

 

Wow, I am definitely a last-minute kind of girl.  2.5 months to go, still haven't done much of anything!  Next steps: contact the florist, ask some questions of the photographer, finalize the menu and cake (hoping I can get the Tres Leche!), and start preparing myself for a crazy bachelorette party :)

 

Thanks!

Jen

 

We didn't book a room for our photographer.  I do have him and his asst. on our guest list.  I'm hoping to get the vendor fee waved.  If not the hey at least we tried.  I heard some girls getting a room for their photog for like $150.  But I'm not sure at which REAL resort. 

I heard that if you put labels on everything saying that they are decorations for a wedding and not for retail or sale , you shouldn't have a problem.  I think if you print out confirmations that would be fine also. 

I asked my WC about the tres leches cake and she said we can have it.  SUPER excited about it!! Everyone raves about it.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by PlayaWedding View Post

 

Can anyone tell me some info on the Tres Leche Cake..I have seen a lot of brides on here talk about it, but have never came across on the website for the Royal??

 

You have to ask your WC about it, you should still be able to get it if you ask them.  Its not listed as a flavor on their menu anymore. 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by JHarris View Post

 

 

 

 

PlayaWedding -

 

I think it really depends on your WC. Last year some of the brides mentioned that they no longer offer the tres leches cake as a wedding cake. I don't remember why - but I know a few brides were not able to pick that cake. Then again - the Royal tends to make changes whenever it suits them. Crossing fingers you get your cake!

 

Lisa - Did you have a tres leches wedding cake?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MichaelandAraceli View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

  I got married in December 2010 and my review is finally up- just click on the link below. Enjoy and I hope it helps:

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/the-royal-in-playa-del-carmen-all-inclusive-spa-resort/reviews/4277 

 

Araceli+Michael_W_0356.JPG

 

 Loved the review, very helpful thank you.  You looked amazing glad to hear the spaazul was good.  I was on the fence about using them.  LOVE your flowers too!  Where did your husband get his suit?  I've been looking around and haven't seen many light colored suits anywhere :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I was curious if anyone knows how many sites the royal has available for the beach reception? I noticed that my WC mentioned something about the beach by the gazebo but I saw that there are so many reviews about the beach by Pelicanos. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this such as if one area is nicer than the other? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×