Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts


Sarah - I received a response from Denisse yesterday evening.  I'm not sure if she's the same person as Denys?  But in any case, Denisse's email address is    denissegroups@realresorts.com  if that is helpful. 
 

Originally Posted by MyPaperProposal View Post

Hi Nikki,

 

Interesting that you say that, because my previous coordinator, Claudy introduced me to Denys through email last week, because she was going to be taking over moving forward.  I sent her a couple of emails with some questions, but received no response, and then today, I got a couple of responses to my emails (to Denys) from someone named Michelle, who said would be my new coordinator moving forward  I wonder if Denys left or something...

 

~Sarah

 

The Royal Playa Del Carmen

February 5, 2011



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Nikki!  My wedding is July 22, 2011 so we might run into each other!  What day are you going to arrive at the Royal?

We are leaving on that Sunday, the 24th so I won't get to see your wedding.

 

Kelly - Can you PM me your list of FAQ's?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nikki! Congratulations on your wedding! Now is all the fun planning. :)  I just discovered this forum about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it has seriously been the best thing in the world! There is so much information and insight on here. Not to mention, you get quick answers to your questions when you post them. It's a Godsend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


When I tried sending to Kelfrecks earlier, the attachment didn't upload. If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send offline. : )
 

Originally Posted by Heidi82 View Post

Congrats Nikki!  My wedding is July 22, 2011 so we might run into each other!  What day are you going to arrive at the Royal?

We are leaving on that Sunday, the 24th so I won't get to see your wedding.

 

Kelly - Can you PM me your list of FAQ's?  Thanks!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies!!

 

I am wishing any January brides the best with their wedding!! I am going back to Royal for our anniversary in May and hopefully I'll see one of your wedding there!! I can't believe it has been almost a year!

 

I would absolutely recommend Maya Diseno Floral! I loved the flowers...just to clarify, we did have to pay for the vendor fee and the WC set the flowers up for us after they dropped the flowers off. I would just leave everything to your WC and they will take care of it. My bouquet was from the Royal and it was very beautiful!! I liked that we were able to rent the centerpieces instead of buying them and taking them down to Mexico. Royal pricing for flowers were just a bit ridiculous so Maya Diseno Floral is very good if you want to save $$!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelfrecks View Post

 

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I FINALLY feel like I'm getting somewhere with the details of the planning thanks to you all! :) So of course, now I have another question!

 

Most of my wedding party is staying at The Royal, however my sister (who is my MOH and best friend in the world) is staying next door at the Gran Porto. Is there anyway I will be able to get her into my room where me and the other girls will be getting ready all day? It is just tearing at my heart that I might not be able to share this part with her.

 

Also, where did the guys get ready for the wedding? It seems some of the wedding packages include a room for the guys to get ready in (pending availability). Does this actually happen? Or where did your FIs and their groomsmen go to prep for the day?

My husband and the guys got ready in our room. I stayed in my MOH room and got ready there.  

Happy Monday!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post

 

Has anybody used or is planning on using EW Cancun for outside stuff such as chairs, lounge, etc?

 

They have been really helpful and responsive.  They said that they are in the process of becoming a in house vendor, and that The Royal has agreeed to a $150 vendor fee for them instead of $350 becuase they do a lot of weddng there.  Anyone else heard of this?

I think this is the company that inboxes me soliciting business. As far as I know, no one used them. I would check with my WC to be sure.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshows03 View Post

 

Ok so I have to vent.  We just finished up our final payment, and we eneded up using my credit card as well as my fiance's between the two deposits and the final payment so we had to both sign an authorization form as well as provide them with a picture ID (we chose our passports).  The payments has already been deducted so I have no clue why they even need this,,,but I sucked it up and got it back to them in one day.  Now I get an email back that says this:

 
Dear kayla, Hope everything is going well,
 
would you please ask Anthony to re-sing again the authorization payment form as the accounting department have told me that he have signed a bit different than his passport?
 
Please advise at your earliest convenience,
 
What the hell is this!!! So now his signature either isn't good enough or doesn't match his passport (which you don't even sign your passport so I have no idea what that is about).  Anyways, I had no trouble letting her know how crazy this all was.....anyone else have any issues like this?
  

 

Lol! You actually do sign your passport. They are very strict on this. They made my husband resign legal paperwork while we were there because he left his middle initial out and it is on his passport. They check to be sure the signature is EXACTLY the same. Maybe they had already put an authorization on the Funds and had not deducted them. Not sure, but it is the usual. Nothing to be alarmed about.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiscriv View Post

 

Hi Ladies!

 

My name is Nikki, and I just booked our stay at the Royal PDC for a July 25th, 2011 wedding!  I've been browsing through the site for quite awhile and decided to join now that the time for real planning is upon me!  I have sent an email to the WC's at the Royal and am hoping to speak with Denise (sp?)  who was recommended to me by my Travel Agent.  Does anyone have any experience with her?  I have yet to hear from them yet, but am looking forward to planning and seeking advice from here!

 

This forum has a wealth of information! Too cool woot2.gif

Hi nikki, welcome! I met dennys in December. She was very sweet. A couple of ladies from here used her and spoke highly of her as well. Good luck and congrats!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPaperProposal View Post

 

Hi Nikki,

 

Interesting that you say that, because my previous coordinator, Claudy introduced me to Denys through email last week, because she was going to be taking over moving forward.  I sent her a couple of emails with some questions, but received no response, and then today, I got a couple of responses to my emails (to Denys) from someone named Michelle, who said would be my new coordinator moving forward  I wonder if Denys left or something...

 

~Sarah

 

The Royal Playa Del Carmen

February 5, 2011

 

 

Hey Sarah! Michelle is the BOMB! OMG, we loved her sooooooo much. You actually have NOTHING to worry about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post

 

Hello ladies!!

 

I am wishing any January brides the best with their wedding!! I am going back to Royal for our anniversary in May and hopefully I'll see one of your wedding there!! I can't believe it has been almost a year!

 

I would absolutely recommend Maya Diseno Floral! I loved the flowers...just to clarify, we did have to pay for the vendor fee and the WC set the flowers up for us after they dropped the flowers off. I would just leave everything to your WC and they will take care of it. My bouquet was from the Royal and it was very beautiful!! I liked that we were able to rent the centerpieces instead of buying them and taking them down to Mexico. Royal pricing for flowers were just a bit ridiculous so Maya Diseno Floral is very good if you want to save $$!

 

 

 

 

Ladies, Sorry that my replies were all inside your quotes, but my Ipad only shows HTML and it's kind of a guess game as to where to type. Di, I can't believe it's been 8 months for you already, GEESH! We had our one month anniversary and it seems like we were just married yesterday. Can't believe one month passed so quickly. We, too, are entertaining going back for our anniversary. Ladies, As far as the flowers go, I know they say you have to pay the vendor's fee, but some have gotten away without so. Be wise in whatever decision you make if you decide to order flowers because some of the ladies (I think the ones who booked before 12/2009) only had a 100.00 vendor fee. The vendor fee after that is 350.00. If you have to pay 350.00 plus whatever the florist is charging, it may be cheaper to just go through the resort. Do the math and make whatever decision is best for you. Good luck and happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've got a couple of questions for you ladies if you don't mind.  I've booked the Elegant Romance Package, which includes as semi-private reception for 30 people.  I then realized that this, of course, would not allow for any dancing/mingling after dinner.  To those of you who went with a semi-private reception how did it work out?  Did you and your guests go somewhere else afterwards?  For those that upgraded to a Private Reception - did anyone bring their own music and opt out of the DJ?  I would really like the option of a dancefloor and music, but I would much rather bring my own music than pay $850 for a DJ...

 

Also, I've heard conflicting stories about children being allowed to attend the ceremony and reception at The Royal.  I was told by my travel agent that they would be allowed to be at The Royal an hour before the ceremony and during the reception. 

 

Thanks all for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing that very thing. I am upgrading to a private reception on the beach and not doing a dj, so I am going to bring my iPod/computer and you have to pay like $80 for somebody to be in charge of it and make sure music keeps playing. The standard reception setup comes with a "wooden" dance floor... and I've read from some people's review that they were upgraded to the light-up dance floor for free... so I am crossing my fingers that that happens for me!! :)  But with my luck probably not... and I don't want to pay the $700 or whatever for the light up dance floor. 

 

Children are allowed at the wedding. I think they are allowed to come 1/2 hour before the reception and stay until 1/2 hour after the reception. Also.. I believe if you have the reception on the beach, it has to end by 10 or 10:30.. but if you have it in the ballroom, you can have it until Midnight? I think that is what I read. I plan on just going to 5th Avenue after the beach reception if everybody is still in the party mood and going to bars to keep the party going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×