ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I FINALLY feel like I'm getting somewhere with the details of the planning thanks to you all! :) So of course, now I have another question!

Most of my wedding party is staying at The Royal, however my sister (who is my MOH and best friend in the world) is staying next door at the Gran Porto. Is there anyway I will be able to get her into my room where me and the other girls will be getting ready all day? It is just tearing at my heart that I might not be able to share this part with her.

Also, where did the guys get ready for the wedding? It seems some of the wedding packages include a room for the guys to get ready in (pending availability). Does this actually happen? Or where did your FIs and their groomsmen go to prep for the day?

Happy Monday!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by Kelfrecks View Post

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I FINALLY feel like I'm getting somewhere with the details of the planning thanks to you all! :) So of course, now I have another question!

Most of my wedding party is staying at The Royal, however my sister (who is my MOH and best friend in the world) is staying next door at the Gran Porto. Is there anyway I will be able to get her into my room where me and the other girls will be getting ready all day? It is just tearing at my heart that I might not be able to share this part with her.

Also, where did the guys get ready for the wedding? It seems some of the wedding packages include a room for the guys to get ready in (pending availability). Does this actually happen? Or where did your FIs and their groomsmen go to prep for the day?

Happy Monday!

I believe, you can have a few people in your room from the Gran Porto 3 hours before the ceremony.  I don't think they are too stricy about it though.

My fiance is just going to use of his freiends rooms or a family members to get ready.  They don't prep all day like us brides.  Knowing my fiance he'll throw his suit on 15 minutes before the ceremony, haha.

Speaking of suits...we went to Macys Friday night and they have a GREAT sale on suits right now!  We got a light gray suit for around 250, normally close to $500.

Has anybody used or is planning on using EW Cancun for outside stuff such as chairs, lounge, etc?

They have been really helpful and responsive.  They said that they are in the process of becoming a in house vendor, and that The Royal has agreeed to a $150 vendor fee for them instead of $350 becuase they do a lot of weddng there.  Anyone else heard of this?

I posted this as a new thread but didnt get much response any help would really be appreciated!!!!

I am getting married at The Royal Cancun in April 2011.  I am having the Mexican trio for part of the reception but thinking of using an iPod and the sound system for the ceremony, cocktail hour and the rest of the reception because we are only going to have a group of around 18 or so.  Has anyone else done this or know how the sound system is???

Please Help!!!!!

Ok so I have to vent.  We just finished up our final payment, and we eneded up using my credit card as well as my fiance's between the two deposits and the final payment so we had to both sign an authorization form as well as provide them with a picture ID (we chose our passports).  The payments has already been deducted so I have no clue why they even need this,,,but I sucked it up and got it back to them in one day.  Now I get an email back that says this:

Dear kayla, Hope everything is going well,

would you please ask Anthony to re-sing again the authorization payment form as the accounting department have told me that he have signed a bit different than his passport?

Please advise at your earliest convenience,

What the hell is this!!! So now his signature either isn't good enough or doesn't match his passport (which you don't even sign your passport so I have no idea what that is about).  Anyways, I had no trouble letting her know how crazy this all was.....anyone else have any issues like this?

Originally Posted by kshows03 View Post

Ok so I have to vent.  We just finished up our final payment, and we eneded up using my credit card as well as my fiance's between the two deposits and the final payment so we had to both sign an authorization form as well as provide them with a picture ID (we chose our passports).  The payments has already been deducted so I have no clue why they even need this,,,but I sucked it up and got it back to them in one day.  Now I get an email back that says this:

would you please ask Anthony to re-sing again the authorization payment form as the accounting department have told me that he have signed a bit different than his passport?

What the hell is this!!! So now his signature either isn't good enough or doesn't match his passport (which you don't even sign your passport so I have no idea what that is about).  Anyways, I had no trouble letting her know how crazy this all was.....anyone else have any issues like this?

I'm sorry this made me laugh because it's a little crazy!  hehe

If they are already have the payment what's the issue?  Would they honestly think you're using a stolen credit card to pay for your wedding!  haha

Wow! your wedding is in a month so exciting!

Hi Ladies!

My name is Nikki, and I just booked our stay at the Royal PDC for a July 25th, 2011 wedding!  I've been browsing through the site for quite awhile and decided to join now that the time for real planning is upon me!  I have sent an email to the WC's at the Royal and am hoping to speak with Denise (sp?)  who was recommended to me by my Travel Agent.  Does anyone have any experience with her?  I have yet to hear from them yet, but am looking forward to planning and seeking advice from here!

This forum has a wealth of information! Too cool woot2.gif

Originally Posted by JDAD11 View Post

I posted this as a new thread but didnt get much response any help would really be appreciated!!!!

I am getting married at The Royal Cancun in April 2011.  I am having the Mexican trio for part of the reception but thinking of using an iPod and the sound system for the ceremony, cocktail hour and the rest of the reception because we are only going to have a group of around 18 or so.  Has anyone else done this or know how the sound system is???

Please Help!!!!!

I used a dj, but did have the sound system for parts of the ceremony and our exit (chris brown "forever") and it sounded perfect. It was very clear on our video too.

Yeah, they made us do that too for some reason.

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post

Quote:

I'm sorry this made me laugh because it's a little crazy!  hehe

If they are already have the payment what's the issue?  Would they honestly think you're using a stolen credit card to pay for your wedding!  haha

Wow! your wedding is in a month so exciting!

Hey ladies - sorry to have been AWOL for the holidays. My fiance and I moved in together just after Thanksgiving, so bonding with the new fam (he has joint custody of his two kiddoes) was my holiday mission. ; )

Regarding the quote below on the men's suits, you could potentially save on renting them for an entire week if you have guests staying for less time and send the other suits back with them.

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Hey Ladies - I am getting married in April and my FI still has not picked out his suit. I am not sure if my FI can rent a suit and bring it to and from Mexico without issue.  He asked me about this and I had no idea.  We live in New Jersey (USA - for my UK / Canadian / Island / and anyone that I missed -brides).  Can the other 2011 brides or past brides shed some light on this?

Thanks a bunch! 

I'd say rent it and bring it just don't tell the people your renting it from. And IF something happens to it then you pay for a suit and keep it. If not, no harm done! I'm not sure if you can rent a suit for like a week though.  msnwink.gif

Kelfrecks, I sent you a PM with a FAQ document I compiled while reading through the list of responses. If anyone has a long list of general questions, please let me know and I'll send it to you as well.

These discussions are so incredibly helpful to me! We booked our wedding at The Royal PDC last July and are getting married February 19th of this year... it's so soon! At first the slow replies from the wedding team didn't bother me too much, but now its really starting to frustrate me! We have 35 people coming and staying at the Royal and with our wedding less than 50 days away, we still have no other decisions made besides when and where our ceremony and reception are. My WC is Jael. Does anyone else have her and if so, are you able to get a response to your questions in a decent time frame? Or anyone have any suggestions for trying to get some of the other details planned? 

I have questions about almost every aspect - from flowers to time frame to DJ to food. HELP! 

Also, for flowers, we were thinking of ordering bulk from SAM'S club and then just going to pick them up and wrap the bouquets ourselves while getting ready the morning of the wedding. Has anyone else done this or recommend doing this? Thank you so much!

Kelly

If you go through the A La Carte wedding planning tool on the Royal website, you can see pictures of all the cakes. I think they used real shells on someone's (the one with the frosting shells).

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Does anyone have a picture of the Royal Signature Cake that comes included in the packages? (I have the Classic Wedding).  Thanks!

I can't remember seeing much in this forum about Funever, but when my fiance and I stayed at the Royal in 2009, a staff photog came to take our picture poolside. I assume it was Funever because they had a booth for viewing photos set up off the lobby. At any rate, they had taken 5 - 10 shots of us outside, midday and we looked AWFUL. AWFUL. It was point-blank range, our faces were red and shiny and everything you don't want to look like -- what a mess! Now, the daytime photographers may have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the wedding photogs, they may not use the same equipment, they may not even be the same company, but for me, I couldn't take the chance. After the wedding, the photographs are what live on, and although the price tags associated with them are lofty, for me, it's the most important parts, especially in a situation where not everyone can be there. There are many photogs discussed on here who offer rates <$1000. For me, I'd rather just get a couple hours with a killer photog than an entire day with a just ok one, but that's an entirely personal choice.

Does anyone know if the table linens are included in the Luxury Wedding package at the Royal?  My guess is that they offer standard white ones, which is fine with me, but I just don't want to incur a bunch of extra charges when all is said and done and I noticed a listing for tablecloths and napkins in the a la cart wedding sheet file they sent me.

Also, has anyone used or heard anything about Funever photos? The photo vendor that is included (for the ceremony) at least? My family takes an insane amount of photos and although I don't want to assign anyone to "take pictures" that day, my FI and I are having trouble rationalizing the cost of having a photographer to document the whole day. The only thing I do want is some group pictures (we have about 35 guests) and then some of just us, our wedding party, and with our families. My guess is it would take about an hour to get these photos, but I can't figure out when to do that. I don't want to really ruin the "flow" of anything. Right now, we are scheduled for: 

• Ceremony at the Gazebo: 4-4:30pm
  • Cocktail Hour at Gazebo: 4:30-5:30pm
  • Reception on beach: 5:30 - 9:30pm

Has anyone included a "break" in the schedule for pictures? I would like them taken on the beach. 

The Royal is beyond amazing. I've done a lot of traveling in the last 10 years, and it's by FAR my favorite place. Not a single bride has come back and said that they would have preferred their wedding elsewhere. It's kind of like finding the perfect dress. Once you find it, you stop looking. The resort is IT. You don't have to worry. I like it so much that I've gone twice before and am now planning a wedding there. When we started talking destination wedding, my FI and I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. When we went in 2009, it felt like a honeymoon, and now it actually will be! : )

Thank you Randi! Your answers are very helpful! So you were happy with your choice of marrying at The Royal? Did everyone have fun? (I can't imagine that not being the case!)

Michelle - try searching earlier in the forums for tipping. Someone had a huge writeup on who they tipped and how much.

Originally Posted by MichelleCrock View Post

Now that we're getting closer to the big day (48 more days!!), I'm starting to think about more of the details and had a few quick questions if anyone has any advice:

Do people usually sit the photographer (and assistant) at a table with guests for dinner?  Or just leave them to eat on their own at some point?  Either way is fine by me, just not sure what the norm is (we're using Sascha from Cancun Photos)....

Also any suggestions on tipping vendors (photographer, DJ... and do most people tip the wedding coordinator too?)?

Thanks!!  :)

K - Another great aspect of the Royal is its location. It is located directly on the beach and two blocks from 5th Avenue, Playa's main drag. You just walk out of the hotel (e.g. the opposite direction from the beach), turn left on the main street. If you walk about 20 mins, you'll come to a ferry pier and pass all sorts of stores and restaurants on the way. I think that's all your guests would need to know (it's pretty intuitive) and I'm sure the front desk would be more than happy to point people in the right direction.

If you Google Playa del Carmen, you should get map images for it.

Good Morning Ladies! Does anyone have a good map of Playa del Carmen? I'd like to include it in our OOT bags. Or do they have free ones down there that I could just grab 25 of when we get there?

Also, for ROYAL PDC brides who have been married at/in the Gazebo, has anyone actually had the seats all in (under) the gazebo? We have a bout 35 guests and although it will be tight (I think) I would really like us all under the gazebo, so I'm trying to get an idea of its dimensions or if we would even fit! 

Thanks! Kelly

Ashley, check out the A La Carte planning website on the Royal's wedding website. Just sign in (I sometimes make up info to get in) and then mouse over all the flowers. There are probably about 100 options to choose from. If a brides bouquet is included in your package, it's an $80 option. If you prefer one of the other higher-priced arrangements, you'll have to pay 100% of the cost listed (not the upgrade cost minus $80). Generally, the arrangements can't be altered, but your coordinator may work with you. They will also do an arrangement of any color of roses surrounded by green leaves (REALLY pretty) as the $80 option. I think Lady Di did this - I have a photo I can PM you if needed. It's not on the A La Carte website.

Originally Posted by ashleymanning View Post

Hello Ladies!  I am getting married at The Royal on June 4, 2011.  For anyone who has already done their wedding here, maybe you can help me with the "Checklist" I am suppose to fill out.  I have been looking at pictures online at other weddings that have taken place, and I see some things that are not on the checklist.  For example, under table lighting.  Does anyone know if the under table lighting is included?  Also, in regards to the flowers, do you get what you see in the pictures? 

On another note, do you get to actually meet with the WC that we are assigned through Basecamp when we arrive at the hotel?

Also, has anyone had their hair and makeup done by the hotel spa?  If so, do you recommend using them?

Lots of people have done the iPod option - you can even pay for someone to run it if needed. Just try searching the forum (or Royal reviews) for iPod.

Originally Posted by JDAD11 View Post

Please Help!!!!!

Welcome, Nikki! : )

Originally Posted by nikkiscriv View Post

Hi Ladies!

My name is Nikki, and I just booked our stay at the Royal PDC for a July 25th, 2011 wedding!  I've been browsing through the site for quite awhile and decided to join now that the time for real planning is upon me!  I have sent an email to the WC's at the Royal and am hoping to speak with Denise (sp?)  who was recommended to me by my Travel Agent.  Does anyone have any experience with her?  I have yet to hear from them yet, but am looking forward to planning and seeking advice from here!

This forum has a wealth of information! Too cool woot2.gif

Hi Nikki,

Interesting that you say that, because my previous coordinator, Claudy introduced me to Denys through email last week, because she was going to be taking over moving forward.  I sent her a couple of emails with some questions, but received no response, and then today, I got a couple of responses to my emails (to Denys) from someone named Michelle, who said would be my new coordinator moving forward  I wonder if Denys left or something...

~Sarah

The Royal Playa Del Carmen

February 5, 2011