Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

LISA!!! Welcome back!! Beautiful wedding and bride!! You both looked amazing and so in love!! So glad it all worked out for you on your special day. Your review and pics have been super helpful. Since you were staying near the gazebo, did you find it noisy with other weddings or were the sounds muffled pretty well? 

ChicagoBride - I love your pics!! Black and white is so classic. I really liked the shot with the musician. What a great eye your photog has!! 

Originally Posted by sirkeen View Post

Hello ladies!

The sole groom on here, back from our wedding at the RPDC.  Lisa and I were married on November 30th on the beach in front of the gazebo.  We ended up going with the Mayan Ceremony, which turned out to be UNREAL!  We only invited 9 to our wedding, but about 100 or gathered around the beach to watch.  It was incredible!

We weren't really fussy about many of the details, so our planning process just went with the flow.  I think that helped keep the stress down.  In the end though, everything our expectations, and then some.  Zulma was our wedding coordinator, and our reception was at El Mediterraneo.  The staff at El Mediterraneo are incredible, and I would highly recommend this for anyones semi private reception.  Its also the coolest temperature wise, which was refreshing after a day in dress pants.  We used Sascha Gluck as our photographer, and for those who are considering him - please BOOK HIM.  He is polite, easy going, and though we haven't seen the final product yet, the shots he gave us a sneak peak at were incredible.  As I get more photos, I will try to post them along with a review.

In the meantime, if you ladies have any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

MIKE.

WELCOME BACK MIKE!!! Congratulations!!! It's so nice seeing a different perspective. I can't wait to see your pics and review - especially the Mayan ceremony! I totally agree!! You can't enjoy the whole process and the people you love if you're stressed about all the tiny details. 

What did you wear?  One of the groomsmen called asking that and we realized we never agreed on the final look!! OOPS!!! LOL.... 

Originally Posted by JHarris View Post

LISA!!! Welcome back!! Beautiful wedding and bride!! You both looked amazing and so in love!! So glad it all worked out for you on your special day. Your review and pics have been super helpful. Since you were staying near the gazebo, did you find it noisy with other weddings or were the sounds muffled pretty well? 

I didn't notice them at all :-). Then again, no one had their reception near the gazebo either, but none of the ceremonies bothered me or were heard.

Hi Ladies

I'm back as a Mrs!!!!!

We had the most amazing time!! I'm going to put up my review by Tuesday but I'll try and post some pics before then

xoxo

Hi Mike

We were 2 of the 100 ppl gathered on the beach watching!! The ceremony was beautiful! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by sirkeen View Post

Hello ladies!

The sole groom on here, back from our wedding at the RPDC.  Lisa and I were married on November 30th on the beach in front of the gazebo.  We ended up going with the Mayan Ceremony, which turned out to be UNREAL!  We only invited 9 to our wedding, but about 100 or gathered around the beach to watch.  It was incredible!

We weren't really fussy about many of the details, so our planning process just went with the flow.  I think that helped keep the stress down.  In the end though, everything our expectations, and then some.  Zulma was our wedding coordinator, and our reception was at El Mediterraneo.  The staff at El Mediterraneo are incredible, and I would highly recommend this for anyones semi private reception.  Its also the coolest temperature wise, which was refreshing after a day in dress pants.  We used Sascha Gluck as our photographer, and for those who are considering him - please BOOK HIM.  He is polite, easy going, and though we haven't seen the final product yet, the shots he gave us a sneak peak at were incredible.  As I get more photos, I will try to post them along with a review.

In the meantime, if you ladies have any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

MIKE.

Ladies,

You've been great! A special thanks to Jess, Karen and Nikki (Who I've asked questions to mostly by PM and on facebook). 

My  planning thread is up! http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/66294/new-michaelandaraceli-pic-filled-the-royal-planning-thread-attention-chicago-brides#post_1499008 

It's under: NEW:MIchaelandAraceli PIC filled The Royal Planning Thread (attention Chicago brides).

I can't wait to share the big day with you guys- I'll get some pictures up by the end of the month. Congrats to all the November and December brides-thanks for the support!

XOXO

Araceli