Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

I have had my passport for years lol ohh I gotcha I don't know when I called them to ask about the name change they said if you do it with in three months of getting married its free but after that I would have to be $100. I needed to do it for our honeymoon in May anyways so I figured I better just get it over with lol.
 

Originally Posted by msglave View Post


Jess, how long have you had your passport? When I checked the website, it said they they will do it for free if you have had your passport for less than a year.  However, if you have had your passport more than a year, you must pay the renewal fee to get a name change.

 

Debbie and Pigpig, they are even nicer in person.
 

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid. Maybe you can give her the pieces for her birthday or for Christmas?


Also ladies I just went to look at rates to book our anniversary trip for next year. The rates are only out until October and they are almost double what we paid!! Is this possible??? Has anyone else seen this or is just because those dates are so far out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


yea, I saw this because I'm planning to book May 2012 and rates are $450/night. they run specials in the fall for cheaper spring rates - like right now (or just last week), they were offering 30% off in May 2011. so maybe about 6 months prior they'll start discounting. right now, you're just seeing rack rates but maybe if you check back in mar - apr they'll be lower. otherwise, you could always book with the orbitz trip assurance where they'll match lower rates. but be careful, because I heard that people booking on third-party sites are usually the first to be bumped when the resort is full.
 


Also ladies I just went to look at rates to book our anniversary trip for next year. The rates are only out until October and they are almost double what we paid!! Is this possible??? Has anyone else seen this or is just because those dates are so far out?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to her about your bridesmaid, at least you have one :) Im sure she didnt want to NOT go, I mean who would want to miss out on such an amazing event!

 

Your work is awesome, that is so Sweet, Im sure your even more excited NOW! hee hee

 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

I leave in 5 days and one of my bridesmaids just backed out. So I have one bridesmaid now... O_o. I'm completely understanding of the situation, but 5 days is a little close. She feels really bad, but what can you do. I bought her bridesmaid dress and personalized all the gifts with her name- what do I do with that? Well, she has the dress because it was sent to her city.  Oh well, I will at least have one friend there lol (my now one bridesmaid) Okay, vent over.

 

On a good note, today at my team meeting, my manager was showing a powerpoint presentation and then the next slide had a pic of me and FI with "Welcome to Lisa's Wedding Shower" and they rolled in a cart of presents, food, and cake (and FI) lol ....was so cute and sweet :-)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by Mrs.G2B View Post

Sorry to her about your bridesmaid, at least you have one :) Im sure she didnt want to NOT go, I mean who would want to miss out on such an amazing event!

 

Your work is awesome, that is so Sweet, Im sure your even more excited NOW! hee hee

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

I leave in 5 days and one of my bridesmaids just backed out. So I have one bridesmaid now... O_o. I'm completely understanding of the situation, but 5 days is a little close. She feels really bad, but what can you do. I bought her bridesmaid dress and personalized all the gifts with her name- what do I do with that? Well, she has the dress because it was sent to her city.  Oh well, I will at least have one friend there lol (my now one bridesmaid) Okay, vent over.

 

On a good note, today at my team meeting, my manager was showing a powerpoint presentation and then the next slide had a pic of me and FI with "Welcome to Lisa's Wedding Shower" and they rolled in a cart of presents, food, and cake (and FI) lol ....was so cute and sweet :-)


 

 

Thanks, yeah I know she wanted to be there, and I understand. Yes, soo sweet of my team, i love them!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

 

I have had my passport for years lol ohh I gotcha I don't know when I called them to ask about the name change they said if you do it with in three months of getting married its free but after that I would have to be $100. I needed to do it for our honeymoon in May anyways so I figured I better just get it over with lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msglave View Post

 

 

Jess, how long have you had your passport? When I checked the website, it said they they will do it for free if you have had your passport for less than a year.  However, if you have had your passport more than a year, you must pay the renewal fee to get a name change.

 

Debbie and Pigpig, they are even nicer in person.

 

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid. Maybe you can give her the pieces for her birthday or for Christmas?

 

Also ladies I just went to look at rates to book our anniversary trip for next year. The rates are only out until October and they are almost double what we paid!! Is this possible??? Has anyone else seen this or is just because those dates are so far out?

 

Jess with the rates I noticed that they usually have a 30% off sale about 9 months out.

 

When we went for our site visit in April we paid about $330 (for the lowest room category, 2 people).  My wedding is May 1 and rack rates were originally around $450 then dropped to around $300 (2 people in room) and is now up to about $350.  Most people booked when it was down to $300, we haven't seen it lower than that for our time of year. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks Natalie!!

Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny310 View Post

Recent brides - What time did the sun really start to set when you were in PDC?



Hi Jenny!  The sunset time online was pretty accurate.  My ceremony started at 5 and the sun was supposed to set at 6:15, which it pretty much did...The light started going away a little probably around 5:30, it was pretty dark by 6:30.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls!! phewww I got worried there - but that sounds about right because when we all booked in February we paid $1350 with flight for the week for those in the standard Jr Suite. I will check back again than :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


$1350 with flight for a WEEK?! how did you get such a great deal?? did you have a travel agent??
 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

Thanks girls!! phewww I got worried there - but that sounds about right because when we all booked in February we paid $1350 with flight for the week for those in the standard Jr Suite. I will check back again than :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kerri!!! i honestly thought about asking you if you were on this board....but if you weren't i would have sounded like a huge nerd....and my fiance was being a big enough nerd as it was :)

 

i'm hoping to get my review up for people tonight. but honestly all i can say is if you are worrying - stop and relax and just remember there is no need to worry :)

 

ps - there is already a group of people talking about going back to celebrate our 1 yr.....and they are bring the idea to US. so trust me, your guests will love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×