Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by autjo View Post

 

Sweet Lisa! We get in on your wedding day! If you are at the resort after the wedding I'll have to *buy* you a congrats drink. I just checked out your wed-site and it's the same one that I used :) DH and I both work in IT and met at work too... although we're more on the unix side of life #nerdy 

 

 

Yay!! :-)   gotta love meeting your fellow nerd (husband) at work ....we carpool every day and it makes it so convenient

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Autjo- When you say they "gave you a hard time" about the waterproof camera's and hand sanitizer what happened?  Why would those things be such a big deal at the airport if they were checked?  I'm assuming they eventually let you pass but what suggestions do you have for getting the camera's past them easily without them making a huge deal about them?
 

Originally Posted by autjo View Post

Sweet Lisa! We get in on your wedding day! If you are at the resort after the wedding I'll have to *buy* you a congrats drink. I just checked out your wed-site and it's the same one that I used :) DH and I both work in IT and met at work too... although we're more on the unix side of life #nerdy


 

 

 

Ummmm.... I took real starfish, but they were all wrapped up in boxes and DH grabbed that suitcase and basically ran to the exit so it wouldn't get searched. The bag that did get searched had OOT junk and they gave me a super hard time over the waterproof cameras and hand sanitizer. So yeah, I'm guessing that they totally would have confiscated the starfish if they had found them. Probably better to not take them with you. Maybe ask your WC where you could buy them in town when you get there...
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no! I had been seeing so many threads with shells that I didn't really think it was strictly enforced. I bought so many sand dollars and turned them into beautiful ornaments since we're getting married. I am so frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had receipts and a note that said all of the junk was for my wedding, but for some reason they didn't believe me. They said there was no way that the cameras cost me $6 and the hand sanitizer cost $1 for 3. So strange. They called over a supervisor and talked for almost 15 minutes. While I sat there, DH grabbed all of the other luggage and got it out of customs as quickly as possible. But then, they let me go with no reason other than a snide remark about me making up costs.
 

Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post

 

Autjo- When you say they "gave you a hard time" about the waterproof camera's and hand sanitizer what happened?  Why would those things be such a big deal at the airport if they were checked?  I'm assuming they eventually let you pass but what suggestions do you have for getting the camera's past them easily without them making a huge deal about them?
 


 

I love love love giving ornaments for Christmas time weddings. I would say make it as hard as possible to find them. Like wrap them, put them in a sealed box, put that box in your luggage. The stuff that I had packaged like that, they didn't go through.
 

Originally Posted by msglave View Post

Oh no! I had been seeing so many threads with shells that I didn't really think it was strictly enforced. I bought so many sand dollars and turned them into beautiful ornaments since we're getting married. I am so frustrated.




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

 

My favorite place in the world, you will not be dissapointed! we were engaged here :) The service is above and beyond.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We are super excited! We are renting out the roof top!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by autjo View Post

 

Hi Royal PDC brides! DH and I just finalized our trip for Thanksgiving to the resort, and it looks like a couple of y'all are going to be getting married at that time! Maybe I'll get a glimpse at your big day. Hope everyone's planning is going great :)

 

 

I'm getting married the Saturday after Thanksgiving!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Jenny310 View Post

 

 

 

 

 

We are super excited! We are renting out the roof top!

 

How much did they quote you for the rooftop? That sounds amazing and would be an awesome experience away from the resort. It's within walking distance,right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

 

 

 

 

 

I just noticed you are in Dallas, too :-) 

 

 

 

Hey fellow Dallas bride! Yup I'm in Dallas too! I work in Plano but live near Addison :) I'm at work (not working) just waiting for today to be over. I'm off work tomorrow to go get our marriage liscense and them our plane leaves Thursday! Getting excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
    • Two of my friends are going to get married next month. Out of them one is suffering from serious teeth issue. He is having bleeding gums along with jaw pain and swelling, particularly around the gums or around the jaw. Because of the teeth issue, he is not able to make the arrangements for the marriage. Is it safe to carry out tooth extraction during this period of time? How painful is dental implants during and after the procedure? Will he be able to eat food after tooth extraction? Please share your views and suggestions. Thank you! 
  • Topics

×