Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

 

Sooooo bachelorette party or bridal shower (my MOH asked me which one I wanted)? I don't really care either way, but just wanted some insight...

 

 

My vote is bachelorette party!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's ok!!! we are going to sort it out but i am definitely going to look for another venue. i just feel too uncomfortable doing any business with them.

ana in the wedding department was great but i dont trust the on-site people.

 

anyway, i don't want to bring negativity to the board for those who are in planning mode! you are going to have a great wedding there and all your guests will have a blast.

eventually, i'm sure, my fiance and i will vacation there again since now we have like 60 weeks of vacation with the stupid timeshare thing.. ahha.. oh well.

 

best of luck to you all!

 

and if you know anything about working with destinationweddings.com  - let me know. i know they have threads on BDW.com but there's not a lot of info on it.

that is my next step right now... .i'm hoping they will give me some new venue options to move forward with.

if nothing compares - i'll be back here i guess! :-

 

 

 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

Aveery - I am so sorry that happened! I can't believe it. I can completely see why you would be so angry. I hope it all gets resolved and you do find the perfect place for your wedding. keep us posted.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

 

Hey Jess! Thanks for the info Hun! I am going to check out the prices because I really want luminary candles for my ceremony!! I'll keep u posted!

 

I'm doing DIY luminaries for our table decorations at the reception. I found a vendor on etsy that can make custom designs. Here's the link to her website. http://www.illumienate.com/

I'm doing a mix of different sizes, including the table number lumies, some with love poems, some personalized with our names and wedding date and some with accent flowers and butterflies attached. We'll have 6-7 per table. I'm super excited about how all the soft lighting is going to look for our evening beach reception!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by averieann View Post

 

it's ok!!! we are going to sort it out but i am definitely going to look for another venue. i just feel too uncomfortable doing any business with them.

ana in the wedding department was great but i dont trust the on-site people.

 

anyway, i don't want to bring negativity to the board for those who are in planning mode! you are going to have a great wedding there and all your guests will have a blast.

eventually, i'm sure, my fiance and i will vacation there again since now we have like 60 weeks of vacation with the stupid timeshare thing.. ahha.. oh well.

 

best of luck to you all!

 

and if you know anything about working with destinationweddings.com  - let me know. i know they have threads on BDW.com but there's not a lot of info on it.

that is my next step right now... .i'm hoping they will give me some new venue options to move forward with.

if nothing compares - i'll be back here i guess! " class="bbcode_smiley" height="1" src="http://files.bestdestinationwedding.com/images/smilies//undecided.gif" title=":-" width="1" />

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Averie- my TA is actually from DestinationWeddings.com and I love her!! This site really depends on who you get - your dealing with an individual. PM me if you want her information. She's really great. She really helped me with an issue with The Royal. I cc her on everything and she's on top of what I want. She gave me alot of great recommendations for Mexico. I am in constant communication with her.

 

Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


sorry - what does PM mean??? ;) :)

Originally Posted by JYD1 View Post





Hey Averie- my TA is actually from DestinationWeddings.com and I love her!! This site really depends on who you get - your dealing with an individual. PM me if you want her information. She's really great. She really helped me with an issue with The Royal. I cc her on everything and she's on top of what I want. She gave me alot of great recommendations for Mexico. I am in constant communication with her.

 

Good luck!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry - what does PM Mean??? :) 
 

Originally Posted by JYD1 View Post





Hey Averie- my TA is actually from DestinationWeddings.com and I love her!! This site really depends on who you get - your dealing with an individual. PM me if you want her information. She's really great. She really helped me with an issue with The Royal. I cc her on everything and she's on top of what I want. She gave me alot of great recommendations for Mexico. I am in constant communication with her.

 

Good luck!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

 

So my last post was from The Royal itself, on our site visit, all excited and in heaven at what a beautiful place it was and how magical and surreal my wedding would be.  I came back to the U.S. with the checklist completed, engagement photos taken, ready to send off my save-the-dates.....until....

 

My sister announced she was pregnant!!!!

 

OMG?!?!?  WTF?!?!?!  Now, I'm not the kind of bride who freaks about pregnant-bridesmaid-photos, or maternity-bridesmaid-dresses or any of that business.  The trouble is my wedding date is in her last trimester and there's NO WAY her doctor would allow her to travel. I researched, I googled, nope.  No way.  And I CANNOT imagine getting married without my only sister there.

 

At first I was happy for her and calm and just said we'd reschedule.  Then I got angry and pissed and resorted to loud, obnoxious whining (Ryan did too, so we had a few shots and went out).  Then she had her doctors appointment and they heard the little heartbeat and I was all emotional and happy for this precious little life.  Now I'm back to being pissed...grrrr....I mean, we got ENGAGED in JUNE.  We even had a CONVERSATION about them holding off on baby attempts for a little bit until they crossed the "safe to travel zone."  How hard is it to hold off a few months?!?!  But they didn't.  

 

It's 3:30AM.  I used to dream about my wedding to lull myself to sleep on insomniac nights like this.  Now its just depressing.

 

I work in public schools so my wedding was to be on our Spring Break.  Now I have to try and reschedule for either earlier in February when we have a 4-day weekend or June/July, when Ryan and I were supposed to be on our World Tour.  And I'm terrified that even if we did reschedule, something will come up where she can't travel anyways....

 

This.  SUCKS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by ReidCapote View Post




I'm doing DIY luminaries for our table decorations at the reception. I found a vendor on etsy that can make custom designs. Here's the link to her website. http://www.illumienate.com/

I'm doing a mix of different sizes, including the table number lumies, some with love poems, some personalized with our names and wedding date and some with accent flowers and butterflies attached. We'll have 6-7 per table. I'm super excited about how all the soft lighting is going to look for our evening beach reception!  


I'm going to check that out! thank you so much for the info! I am also having my reception on the beach at 6:30pm so i want all the soft lighting! Thank you! cheesy.gif
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr View Post

 

Hi Ladies,

 

So my last post was from The Royal itself, on our site visit, all excited and in heaven at what a beautiful place it was and how magical and surreal my wedding would be.  I came back to the U.S. with the checklist completed, engagement photos taken, ready to send off my save-the-dates.....until....

 

My sister announced she was pregnant!!!!

 

OMG?!?!?  WTF?!?!?!  Now, I'm not the kind of bride who freaks about pregnant-bridesmaid-photos, or maternity-bridesmaid-dresses or any of that business.  The trouble is my wedding date is in her last trimester and there's NO WAY her doctor would allow her to travel. I researched, I googled, nope.  No way.  And I CANNOT imagine getting married without my only sister there.

 

At first I was happy for her and calm and just said we'd reschedule.  Then I got angry and pissed and resorted to loud, obnoxious whining (Ryan did too, so we had a few shots and went out).  Then she had her doctors appointment and they heard the little heartbeat and I was all emotional and happy for this precious little life.  Now I'm back to being pissed...grrrr....I mean, we got ENGAGED in JUNE.  We even had a CONVERSATION about them holding off on baby attempts for a little bit until they crossed the "safe to travel zone."  How hard is it to hold off a few months?!?!  But they didn't.  

 

It's 3:30AM.  I used to dream about my wedding to lull myself to sleep on insomniac nights like this.  Now its just depressing.

 

I work in public schools so my wedding was to be on our Spring Break.  Now I have to try and reschedule for either earlier in February when we have a 4-day weekend or June/July, when Ryan and I were supposed to be on our World Tour.  And I'm terrified that even if we did reschedule, something will come up where she can't travel anyways....

 

This.  SUCKS. 

 

Jennifer!! So sorry to hear that!! That indeed does suck. Even after you told them to wait. That's a little inconsiderate. Hopefully it'll work out for the best. Definitely a hard situation to be in. I have my fingers crossed you can reschedule for an earlier time - but that means less time for you to get guests to book and all items finalized!

 

Definitely keep us posted!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
    • Hi all, My younger sister is 5 months carrying. She is suffering from hearing loss now. She was perfectly alright before she got conceived. But once she got conceived her hearing ability started getting reduced. Is it quite common now? What would be the reason for hearing loss during the pregnancy period? After scanning the doctor said that the baby is underweight. Since she is suffering from severe vomiting, she is not eating any food. Hence she seems to be very weak. The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicines for her to stay healthy and to deliver a healthy baby. In the midst of all these she is also undergoing the treatment under a hearing aid audiologist in order to improve her hearing ability. Will she completely regain her hearing ability?
  • Topics

×