Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Hi-

 

I am getting married 12/3 at The Royal (Mayan ceremony on the beach by Pelicanos, followed by cocktail hour & then reception on the beach) and I am really glad that I found this site. Thanks everyone for posting tons of helpful information and specific info about your weddings.

 

I have a few questions and of course it's a bit hard to get answers from my WC, who thanks to you i just learned moved to mexico! ha!

 

Lighting for the reception (it will be dark out by that time). What is anyone's experience with lighting? In the del Sol photos I've seen tables that light up different colors. Is that standard? Is there a fee for that? I would love to have that! Does the hotel supply that? What other lighting is available? I was thinking of bringing some cool string lights, is that necessary or do they provide other lighting?

 

Music for reception - Does anyone have experience with bringing an Ipod loaded with music and using that for the reception? Does the hotel provide a sound system/speakers and is there a charge for that? I am thinking of getting the Mexican trio for the cocktail hour and then using an Ipod, as I'm not a huge fan on DJs. Is there someone available from the staff that can make sure the Ipod is running?

 

Dance floor option. I understand they charge $700 for light-up dance floor. But in del Sol photos I've seen a plain dance floor? Anyone have experience/info about this? I'd like to just have a simple dance floor & not pay $700 for it! Any comments/info?

 

Mayan Ceremony - has anyone had this ceremony & can comment on it?

 

Mayan Dancers - I want to have the mayan dancers during the cocktail hour - does anyone know whether I can have them perform at any time or whether it has to be during the ceremony? I did not really get a straight answer from my WC.

 

Cocktail hour. Has anyone had the champagne & cold appetizers? Was this nice? I feel like I should have an open bar, but it seems so silly to pay $20 per person for an hour of that when it's an all-inclusive!

 

Thank so much for any info/help!!

 

Rachel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitingbklyn View Post
Hi-

I am getting married 12/3 at The Royal (Mayan ceremony on the beach by Pelicanos, followed by cocktail hour & then reception on the beach) and I am really glad that I found this site. Thanks everyone for posting tons of helpful information and specific info about your weddings.

I have a few questions and of course it's a bit hard to get answers from my WC, who thanks to you i just learned moved to mexico! ha!

Lighting for the reception (it will be dark out by that time). What is anyone's experience with lighting? In the del Sol photos I've seen tables that light up different colors. Is that standard? Is there a fee for that? I would love to have that! Does the hotel supply that? What other lighting is available? I was thinking of bringing some cool string lights, is that necessary or do they provide other lighting?

Music for reception - Does anyone have experience with bringing an Ipod loaded with music and using that for the reception? Does the hotel provide a sound system/speakers and is there a charge for that? I am thinking of getting the Mexican trio for the cocktail hour and then using an Ipod, as I'm not a huge fan on DJs. Is there someone available from the staff that can make sure the Ipod is running?

Dance floor option. I understand they charge $700 for light-up dance floor. But in del Sol photos I've seen a plain dance floor? Anyone have experience/info about this? I'd like to just have a simple dance floor & not pay $700 for it! Any comments/info?

Mayan Ceremony - has anyone had this ceremony & can comment on it?

Mayan Dancers - I want to have the mayan dancers during the cocktail hour - does anyone know whether I can have them perform at any time or whether it has to be during the ceremony? I did not really get a straight answer from my WC.

Cocktail hour. Has anyone had the champagne & cold appetizers? Was this nice? I feel like I should have an open bar, but it seems so silly to pay $20 per person for an hour of that when it's an all-inclusive!

Thank so much for any info/help!!

Rachel

Welcome Rachel!!

What most girls do is they go back and read through this post (it takes a while but SO worth it) to get answers for everything. A lot of the time the questions have been answered and you'll gain a TON of information and get up to speed. I started asking questions right when I joined then someone informed me of the same thing. So it took a couple nights but I went through the entire thread and got ALL of my questions answered and more. :) I hope that helps!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dinaep you look so beautiful! everything came out perfect - so do you recommend wearing hair up because of the wind factor

 

Rachel - welcome!!! ditto with what running bride said. This thread is a wealth of information and if you go through them you will find your answers plus much much more. I would grab a glass of wine and enjoy going through it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the welcome!

 

i have read through most of the Royal PDC postings, there are definitely lots!! and tons of info!!

 

i didn't see any postings on the mayan ceremony experiences, lighting of the tables and the mayan dancers, if anyone has any info on that.

 

also, some people mention that they were provided with the light-up dance floor even though they did not pay for it. i guess it might "pay" to wait until i arrive! did anyone have a regular dance floor? do they include that or charge? i did not see any price on the price lists.

 

also, i am going to be doing traditional mexican paper flowers (for my bou. just wondering if

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got cut off!

 

using papers flowers for my bouquet & decorations. found a great source if anyone wants the info. they are gorgeous & fluffy & inexpensive, fast shipping & i think they will be easy to transport. will probably divide them between a few people's luggage so i don't have customs issues!!

 

thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitingbklyn View Post
thanks for the welcome!

i have read through most of the Royal PDC postings, there are definitely lots!! and tons of info!!

i didn't see any postings on the mayan ceremony experiences, lighting of the tables and the mayan dancers, if anyone has any info on that.

also, some people mention that they were provided with the light-up dance floor even though they did not pay for it. i guess it might "pay" to wait until i arrive! did anyone have a regular dance floor? do they include that or charge? i did not see any price on the price lists.

also, i am going to be doing traditional mexican paper flowers (for my bou. just wondering if

hi, the colored lights under the tables are included (and really great looking!).

i don't remember reading about any mayan ceremonies. i've just seen the pics on the website and it looks so unique. can't wait to hear about yours!

the regular dance floor is included at no extra charge. we didn't have a lot of dancing, so it was totally fine for us. it's not pretty by any means, but it didn't matter a ton once it gets dark out...

hope that helps a little! good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some info I found on legal wedding in Mexico. LadyDi I hope everything works out for you, keep us posted!

 

Civil Ceremony: A marriage in Mexico is legal only if it is a civil ceremony performed by the Oficina del Registro Civil by their justices. The justices will perform these ceremonies in the office of the Registro Civil or a location the couple chooses (usually the beach)! The marriage certificate is recognized by the USA, Canada and most other countries. During the civil ceremony a 19th century poet is quoted, personal vows can also be exchanged and the ceremony will be translated into English.

 

Required Documentation & Procedures

• If you are not a resident of Mexico, you must provide a valid passport and a Tourist Card (which the airlines will provide or if you are driving you will need to get one in Mexico).

• Bride & Groom must arrive in Mexico at least three (3) days prior to the ceremony in order to obtain the proper paperwork and documents.

• Bride & Groom must have a blood test performed in a local clinic within Mexico at least two (2) days prior to the marriage ceremony with a doctorâ€s certification of the blood test in Spanish.

• Four witnesses over the age of 18 years old with a valid passport, visa, driverâ€s license or Tourist Card must arrive 3 business days prior to the wedding. Witnesses can also be provided.

• If the bride is divorced, and her passport is under her ex-husbands last name, she will be required additional documentation. Her birth certificate must be translated into Spanish and have an Apostille seal by the Secretary of State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Dinaep you look so beautiful! everything came out perfect - so do you recommend wearing hair up because of the wind factor
thanks jess! it was such an amazingly fun day. i'm seriously ready to head back! no one brings me mojitos when i'm just in my back yard. sad.gif

for me, having my (shoulder-length, stick-straight) hair up was definitely the right choice. the little bits that were curled and left down were straight again within about half an hour of stepping outside. it was definitely windy, and even my little birdcage veil was blowing in the wind. my hair was pinned up in curls and it worked out great for me!

please let me know if you have any other questions - i'm glad to help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love your dress, Diane!

 

Chicago Bride, thank you for the info! It does say its legal in US so hopefully we will get this issue sorted out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×