Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I'm curious why so many people are having hair/makeup done outside of the resort?

Are they not pros at the Spazul? Should I be worried? lol
I wanted my makeup to be from M.A.C. because they are the best for the wedding pictures and i read that their makeup products are mixed with other brands. They did a good job with my mom though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I just emailed Fernando lol!!!

Diana, did you say Norma came to the resort? I would really like stuff done in my room so I stay relaxed. Did she put some kind of finishing spray afterward?
Yeah, she and another makeup artist came to my room. No, she didn't but she put some kind of primer and foundation. My makeup stayed until the end of the night. I think the pros at Spaazul can go to your room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
For everyone that recently had your weddings. Does the coordinator go over how the ceremony will go with you and the wedding party? I'm planning on having FI uncle, who is an ordained minister perform the ceremony since we are doing symbolic. I haven't asked his uncle yet, but he keeps asking us if we want him to do it. I'm nervous about everyone not knowing what they are doing....or do I just line everything up myself and tell everyone?

Maybe I should tell everyone a time the day before to meet, show them the gazeebo (since most are staying at Royal and wedding is at Real) and do a dinner. Is it hard to get reservations for about 30 ppl? How far in advance should I make the reservation...a day...a week before?
Actually, we didn't go over how the ceremony will go but I had already had a practice with the wedding party before the mexico so it went well. For a legal ceremony, it's vows, exchange of rings, signing the certificate, and declaration of husband and wife.

You can write up how you want the ceremony to be and i am sure they will do what you want since it's symbolic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will love the royal laya del carmen i have shoot several weddings there is a great place the people is realy nice and also the the wedding coordinators, the only problem i see on this is that they do not accept childrens there but they may can stay at PORTO REAL is from the same company and they allow kids there maybe this can help.

 

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
I went outside of the resort based on mixed reviews. I have heard good and bad and I just did not want to risk it. I will have an afro in that weather if its not tamed correctly lol based on Fernandos reviews I thought for me personally it was the best choice.
LOL LOL LOL you make me laugh! I totally would be rockin' the afro with all that humidity! I have naturally tight CURLY hair and after it's blown out or had a flat iron on it it will bounce right back into a curl at the first sign of moisture. Definitely need someone good.

Jess Fernando still hasn't sent me anything on how to pay him. I would like to put a deposit down or do as much before we go as possible so I don't have to take cash for everything. Did you already pay him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
LOL LOL LOL you make me laugh! I totally would be rockin' the afro with all that humidity! I have naturally tight CURLY hair and after it's blown out or had a flat iron on it it will bounce right back into a curl at the first sign of moisture. Definitely need someone good.

Jess Fernando still hasn't sent me anything on how to pay him. I would like to put a deposit down or do as much before we go as possible so I don't have to take cash for everything. Did you already pay him?
AHAHAH no seriously I will look scary lol


OMG you haven't ya you def need to give him a deposit. I know it seems weird but you send it to his sisters address. I gave him 50% because the thing is hair prices vary for each girl depending so you really can't pay that part in full until the day.

I am emailing you the info right now for the deposit :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
LOL LOL LOL you make me laugh! I totally would be rockin' the afro with all that humidity! I have naturally tight CURLY hair and after it's blown out or had a flat iron on it it will bounce right back into a curl at the first sign of moisture. Definitely need someone good.

Mine isnt too tight, but def curly. I always prepare before going to the beach by leaving conditioner (not the leave-in kind...regular lol) and combing it through because when it starts drying after being in the ocean...dios mio! Yikes.....

Yet another reason I am leaning toward having my hair up for ceremony lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lisa, are you still planning to get married legally in Mexico? It turns out that Texas does not recognize any marriages performed out of the state! On the dept of state, it says that any marriages performed abroad is legal in U.S. and that's why we went ahead with the legal ceremony. I am seriously pissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure...i am doing more research by talking with other texan brides who got married legally in Mexico. I hope we won't have to get married again because that would suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
not sure...i am doing more research by talking with other texan brides who got married legally in Mexico. I hope we won't have to get married again because that would suck.
What a pain. I never even looked into what I need to do in Connecticut, I probably should do that lol.

Keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×