ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Sorry I haven't been on here much since my wedding, it has been hectic getting everything in order. I will tell you about my aisle runner though since it was my favorite thing.

I ordered it online without my fiance knowing, and hauled it to Mexico in a huge box with all the gift bags. He still didn't know. Well after a bunch of hassle getting it through customs (they wanted to charge me tax on my big box of stuff they thought i wanted to sell)...I finally got to the resort with it. It was a heavy weight runner, much heavier than one Lilia showed me that someone wanted to use. This one was on a roll and more of a thick net almost, not like a lacy fabric or anything. Lili went to put it out for me, and the wind blew it everywhere. They tried candles holding it down, tried pinning it to the red carpet, they tried everything. They ended up having to roll it up and only let the runner go to the bottom of the steps (i got married in the gazebo). Any further and the wind kept catching it. It turned out really neat for my pictures though because the monogram was in all my pictures then, but it was a huge pain for them to get to stay down. So I guess my advice is....if you really want it, make sure it's as heavy of a material as you can get, and be aware that on a super windy day there will be nothing that will hold it down. I will try to include a few pictures to show you what I mean. I'm not very good with shutterfly, but here is a link to a shared account I created with a few pictures in it of the aisle runner and us. :) Hope this helps.

http://justinashleywedding.shutterfly.com/
Thank you for sharing this, Zulma told me it would blow away and i thought she was crazy... I am thinking I should just skip any runner (can't use the red, clashes with my colors) but I only bought a simple white one at Nobbies. So probably not very heavy and not worth my time to lug down there....

oh well.

Thanks ladies for the other advise too! :)

New question...

Those who did TTD pictures, what locations did you go to?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lady Di, Congrats and welcome back! Beautiful pics! looking forward to reading your review. I'm a little disappointed by the Michigan office closing. My wedding coordinator (Julie) has been awesome! I'm hoping I'll get as much of a prompt response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Thank you for sharing this, Zulma told me it would blow away and i thought she was crazy... I am thinking I should just skip any runner (can't use the red, clashes with my colors) but I only bought a simple white one at Nobbies. So probably not very heavy and not worth my time to lug down there....

oh well.

Thanks ladies for the other advise too! :)

New question...

Those who did TTD pictures, what locations did you go to?
HAHA you thought she was crazy. That's hilarious. I actually thought about this last night...i wonder if you brought some pails and filled them with sand (and decorated them nicely) , i wonder if that would hold it down or if it's just not worth it. I really wanted a turquoise aisle runner though (pouts) lol

Ooh yeah good question on locations. I might have my bridesman (yes man) take the shots for me, but have no idea where to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
HAHA you thought she was crazy. That's hilarious. I actually thought about this last night...i wonder if you brought some pails and filled them with sand (and decorated them nicely) , i wonder if that would hold it down or if it's just not worth it. I really wanted a turquoise aisle runner though (pouts) lol

Ooh yeah good question on locations. I might have my bridesman (yes man) take the shots for me, but have no idea where to go.
The pails of sand would probably work...but you would need a LOT of them. I would say every 2 or 3 feet probably, and you'd need them on both sides of the aisle. It all depends on the wind. I was there 8 days, and not one of the days would an aisle runner have stayed down by itself. The red carpet they have is just that....heavy carpet.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change what I did for anything. My girls had pink dresses and shoes and I didn't want the red carpet at all, but now looking back, I'm okay with it. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. I'm just glad you could see our monogram on the runner in all of our pictures...it made it worth it.

Hi Girls,

Everyones photos look amazing and exactly like what we are all hoping for- a wonderful, relaxing, memorable wedding!

We are leaving in 2 and a half weeks! Woo!

Did any of you recent brides ship anything down beforehand? I'm not sure if we have time, but we have a TON to bring with us and if it can get there on time, I think we need to ship at least one box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I am back from my wedding!! You ladies have NOTHING to worry about. My wedding was fantastic and I have zero compliants.
Loved loved the Royal! It's so worth to stay there instead of Gran Porto.

CONGRATS and welcome back amiga. Was a pleasure to meet you!

Mucho saludos ---photos coming soon :)
mateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post
Anyone else hear anything from their WC regarding the Michigan office closing? I emailed mine (Aja) yesterday and this morning and no reponse. sad.gif

Has anyone been in contact with Aja the past couple days?
So still no response and both my fiance and I tried calling the michigan offfice and Aja's direct line and no answer and no voicemails.

Has anybody heard anything or talked to their WC regarding the new process?

I am so sad right now.... 10 day forcast calls for 60% chance of Thunderstorms on my wedding day... I want to cry.

Also, Any opinions on this? Zulma told me she needed 1 week notice on my flower choice in case they needed to be imported, but when I responded with questions in order to help make my decision- she has been MIA again and now its too late to get anything imported.... Do they have to import roses, cali lillies or gerber daisies??

I remeber reading that we should be contacted by the mexico office by the end of June.

Is anyone having or had the legal ceremony and did a sand ceremony? I want to put the program together but I don't know when we would be doing it.