Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

oooh, super19, i'm in minneapolis. can you just bring me along as carry-on luggage? i would LOVE to go check things out before my wedding next month. i could just not come back before the wedding.... ahhhhhhh.

 

looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you return!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the most up-to-date list I could find. Please add yourself if you aren't on the list.

 

kimmy44 - April 21, 2010

jcooper79 - April 22, 2010

aerazo - April 23, 2010

llm78 - April 25, 2010

kimmy44 - April 28, 2010

AprilandRyan - May 1, 2010

jennie.lewis - May 7, 2010

SDbeachgirl - May 7, 2010

LynnieS - May 14, 2010

Jujeemd - May 14, 2010

Lexibride - May 15, 2010

tutti1299 - May 15, 2010

dianep - May 15, 2010 (gran)

astreit - May 16, 2010

boolo318 - May 28, 2010

Denisema00 - May 29, 2010

Lady_Di - May 29, 2010

travellime (Lisa &J) - May 31, 2010

candicemarie - June 5, 2010

kenlyn8984 - June 10, 2010

~Stephanie~ - June 11, 2010

duprk452- June 18, 2010

super19 - June 21, 2010

louise_pernell - June 25, 2010

2mckee- June 27, 2010

cinny726 - June 2010

Pattie - June 2010

Jamk32179- September 18, 2010

smckinney22 - October 9, 2010

ReidCapote - October 24, 2010

Shirley_Ken - October 28, 2010

Natalie79 - October 30, 2010

Celine- November 5, 2010

bmlynch - November 6, 2010

Randi - November 11, 2010

Trinas79 - November 11, 2010

jesmcan - November 12, 2010

futuremrs1113-November 13, 2010

giraffexx - November 19, 2010

mslisaaragon - November 22, 2010

Lisa DSO- November 24, 2010

Jenny310 - November 27, 2010

msglave-December 11, 2010

MichaelandAraceli- December 18, 2010

 

FutureMrsYak- January 11,2011

pineapplebride - *maybe* April 2011

speedy130 - May 7, 2011

Prettypigpig - July 4, 2011

 

 

stevensfiance - 2010 -Royal, Cancun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dianep - Be at the airport at 5 Saturday morning!

 

Lady Di -I'll be happy to share a weather update.

 

I'm so excited. I know from the wedding reviews we have nothing to worry about but it will be nice to take it all in from my very own eyes. I'll be checking everything out and providing a full report back to you all upon my return.

 

Jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
Hey all - FI and I will be heading to The Royal Saturday. I can't wait to check out the place, get some answers and decisions out of the way. Let me know if you have any pressing questions. I meet with Lili on Tuesday. Yippee!
I can't wait to hear your thoughts! and take lots of pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I know! Photographers are expensive but are worth it. I so love del Sol and Elizabeth Medina but they were not in my price range.

That is why we are not doing a welcome dinner but doing a welcome get together at a bar at Gran Porto.
That's a great idea! I know this sounds weird, but can children accompany adults at bar locations at Gran Porto?



Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
How are all you ladies paying for your photographers, especially if you are using one from Mexico? Mine asked for the full amount, in cash, before he even starts. Is this normal? FI says pay only half and the other half when we get our pics. What does everyone think?
I am using Ivan Luckie (he's awesome) and he asked for 50% down to reserve and the rest 30 days before date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
ChicagoBride, we are thinking about ordering koozies for our guests but not sure if they are worth it at The Royal. Are they? I am not sure how drinks are served in a bottle, can or glass!
I totally think they are worth it. That's actully a good idea for welcome bags.

The drinks by the pool come in plastic cups, but your drinks do get warm quickly so I say go for it, I can't rememebr if they poor the beer into glass or give you the can. We saw people pour their drinks into thermal mugs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
Hey all - FI and I will be heading to The Royal Saturday. I can't wait to check out the place, get some answers and decisions out of the way. Let me know if you have any pressing questions. I meet with Lili on Tuesday. Yippee!
Have fun! We had a great time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
Here's the most up-to-date list I could find. Please add yourself if you aren't on the list.

kimmy44 - April 21, 2010
jcooper79 - April 22, 2010
aerazo - April 23, 2010
llm78 - April 25, 2010
kimmy44 - April 28, 2010
AprilandRyan - May 1, 2010
jennie.lewis - May 7, 2010
SDbeachgirl - May 7, 2010
LynnieS - May 14, 2010
Jujeemd - May 14, 2010
Lexibride - May 15, 2010
tutti1299 - May 15, 2010
dianep - May 15, 2010 (gran)
astreit - May 16, 2010
boolo318 - May 28, 2010
Denisema00 - May 29, 2010
Lady_Di - May 29, 2010
travellime (Lisa &J) - May 31, 2010
candicemarie - June 5, 2010
kenlyn8984 - June 10, 2010
~Stephanie~ - June 11, 2010
duprk452- June 18, 2010
super19 - June 21, 2010
louise_pernell - June 25, 2010
2mckee- June 27, 2010
cinny726 - June 2010
Pattie - June 2010
Jamk32179- September 18, 2010
smckinney22 - October 9, 2010
ReidCapote - October 24, 2010
Shirley_Ken - October 28, 2010
Natalie79 - October 30, 2010
Celine- November 5, 2010
bmlynch - November 6, 2010
Randi - November 11, 2010
Trinas79 - November 11, 2010
jesmcan - November 12, 2010
futuremrs1113-November 13, 2010
giraffexx - November 19, 2010
mslisaaragon - November 22, 2010
Lisa DSO- November 24, 2010
Jenny310 - November 27, 2010
msglave-December 11, 2010
MichaelandAraceli- December 18, 2010

FutureMrsYak- January 11,2011
pineapplebride - *maybe* April 2011
speedy130 - May 7, 2011
Prettypigpig - July 4, 2011


stevensfiance - 2010 -Royal, Cancun
beachbum1285 - May 16, 2010 - Royal Cancun

OK I added myself as a Royal Cancun bride to the list. :)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I am using Ivan Luckie (he's awesome) and he asked for 50% down to reserve and the rest 30 days before date
Glad to know you're using Ivan too! I was starting to think I was the only one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a Nice trip!!

I will be there at the end of June (try to go around the same time to check the weather).

Just booked Cecilia Dumas for my engagement pics (will be taken during my stay in June @ Playa Del Carmen), and Sascha Gluck for my wedding pics!!! yeah~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×