ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
Wanna hear something hilarious (i must be delirious cuz i find it funny)?

My event coordinator for my Dallas reception won't send me a contract so I can send him money and book the venue! lol was he sent from the Michigan office? tee hee

I'm giving him benefit of the doubt since he recently replaced someone, but jeez it's been a week and he told me this morning he PROMISED to have it to me by earlier today (still nothing).

So comical...
Oh no!! I can't believe you have to deal with that here too! I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna1923 View Post
beachbum1285,

That is beautiful!! How are you getting them to set it up like that? What I mean is, what are your specific instructions to them? Are they going to provide the extra tool/fabric in your co-ordinating colours or are you going to take it down with you? What about the two beautiful flower arrangements? Are you paying extra for that?

Man, if they can set it up like that, then I will def have it on the beach!!!
I sent that picture to the WCs in Michigan and never got a difinite answer so I sent the picture to the onsite coordinators in Mexico. For the chair sashes, flower petals (5 bags) the ribbons on the chuppa and the flower arragements on the posts it's $500. I know to some people it may seem a little steep but I wanted my wedding on the beach and I wanted color! The biggest cost of that is the flowers on the posts ($100 a piece) and I almost decided against it but what the heck. Only live once right?? :)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1285 View Post
Oh no!! I can't believe you have to deal with that here too! I hope it all works out for you in the end.

I sent that picture to the WCs in Michigan and never got a difinite answer so I sent the picture to the onsite coordinators in Mexico. For the chair sashes, flower petals (5 bags) the ribbons on the chuppa and the flower arragements on the posts it's $500. I know to some people it may seem a little steep but I wanted my wedding on the beach and I wanted color! The biggest cost of that is the flowers on the posts ($100 a piece) and I almost decided against it but what the heck. Only live once right?? :)
I am doing similar to the setup as well except the aisle runner. I will be bringing down chair sashes, tulle for the huppa and I am still undecided on the flowers for the huppa because I haven't gotten back the quote from my florist. You can bring decorations for the beach setup such as chair sashes and aisle runner. They won't charge you to put them up.

For my OOT bags, I figured once those individual people get there, then we'll give them their bag at that time. I have so many people coming at staggered times and days, and there's no way I'm paying $5 for them to give a bag that I can do myself. My fiance and I were thinking we could play like dumb big kids and leave it at their door, knock, and run real fast. Dumb, by fun. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I am doing similar to the setup as well except the aisle runner. I will be bringing down chair sashes, tulle for the huppa and I am still undecided on the flowers for the huppa because I haven't gotten back the quote from my florist. You can bring decorations for the beach setup such as chair sashes and aisle runner. They won't charge you to put them up.
Yeah I'm not doing the aisle runner either I'm just doing the flower petals. I was thinking about bringing the chair sashes and fabric for the chuppa but didn't even bother to look. What kind of prices did you get for yours?

i think i'll just have my OOT bags at the front desk - i've heard there's no charge to have them handed out to guests upon their arrival.

Quote:
Jesmcan or anyone who have been to PDC, can you tell me which locations are good for a TTD? I am trying to decide where to take pictures besides the beach!
i know we're on several of the same threads, so i can't remember if i've seen you on the TTD thread. there are several pictures of TTD sessions. i'm hoping to do mine in a cenote nearby. what an amazing look and surrounding for pictures! something so exotic about them!

my FI isn't excited about the TTD, so we'll see if i get him into a cenote fully dressed. if i can get a few pictures even at the beach, i'll be fine, but i'm hoping for a cenote!

Quote:
Yeah I'm not doing the aisle runner either I'm just doing the flower petals. I was thinking about bringing the chair sashes and fabric for the chuppa but didn't even bother to look. What kind of prices did you get for yours?
I bought my organza sashes from here.

wedding linens direct home page

The prices are pretty reasonable. I bought tulle fabric for $15 from a local store. They were going to charge like $150 just to decorate the huppa without flowers. Um no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i think i'll just have my OOT bags at the front desk - i've heard there's no charge to have them handed out to guests upon their arrival.

i know we're on several of the same threads, so i can't remember if i've seen you on the TTD thread. there are several pictures of TTD sessions. i'm hoping to do mine in a cenote nearby. what an amazing look and surrounding for pictures! something so exotic about them!

my FI isn't excited about the TTD, so we'll see if i get him into a cenote fully dressed. if i can get a few pictures even at the beach, i'll be fine, but i'm hoping for a cenote!
I sooo want to do a cenote but I am not sure how far the nearest one from PDC. We are pretty pressed for time when we are down there. =( I know for the fact, we won't be awake the morning after the wedding so we have to do it the day before the wedding.

Quote:
Regarding, DJ Ivan, I get a dance floor, the works and 4 hours of his service. I believe if you book through the resort, then the same price is ONLY for his services without the dance floor. Don't quote me on this so I guess the only way to find out is to contact him directly.

It is $10pp for the cocktail hour for real resort guests and $20 for non guests.

We are not doing OOT bags because we are splurging on other stuff.

Did he actually say that anyone who books him directly won't have to pay the vendor fee? I emailed him last night and he said that we do have to pay the vendor fee because we booked him directly. I would like to get bottom of this.
Quote:
For my OOT bags, I figured once those individual people get there, then we'll give them their bag at that time. I have so many people coming at staggered times and days, and there's no way I'm paying $5 for them to give a bag that I can do myself. My fiance and I were thinking we could play like dumb big kids and leave it at their door, knock, and run real fast. Dumb, by fun. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post

Di,
If it's not too personal, how much did you pay for Ivan? It sounds to me that because you all booked before the change, you got a cheaper rate. Because of that, they want as much money from you as possible (which probably still is still less expensive to the $850 we are paying plus I think $700 or $750 for the dance floor.) This is my opinion to why they are making you pay the extra $100. This policy of paying the vendor's fee if you book directly was probably made so that The Royal makes money. Basically, if you book him direct and pay no vendor's fee then the resort gets nothing (and we ALL now how they feel about getting as much as they can!). Now, since the new price list in December, they are all working together, overcharging us and splitting the profits. I am booking through him and don't have to pay the extra fee but-hell-I'm paying about $1600 for him and the floor.

Beachbum & Diane P.,
I do think I'm going to hand the OOT bags out. That way, I won't have to check with everyone to make sure they got their bags or if everything was in them. Beachbum, I love the knocking and running! Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msglave View Post
Di,
If it's not too personal, how much did you pay for Ivan? It sounds to me that because you all booked before the change, you got a cheaper rate. Because of that, they want as much money from you as possible (which probably still is still less expensive to the $850 we are paying plus I think $700 or $750 for the dance floor.) This is my opinion to why they are making you pay the extra $100. This policy of paying the vendor's fee if you book directly was probably made so that The Royal makes money. Basically, if you book him direct and pay no vendor's fee then the resort gets nothing (and we ALL now how they feel about getting as much as they can!). Now, since the new price list in December, they are all working together, overcharging us and splitting the profits. I am booking through him and don't have to pay the extra fee but-hell-I'm paying about $1600 for him and the floor.

Beachbum & Diane P.,
I do think I'm going to hand the OOT bags out. That way, I won't have to check with everyone to make sure they got their bags or if everything was in them. Beachbum, I love the knocking and running! Too funny!
Its just frustrating. We are the ones that are bringing business to the resort. Stupid!!

We are paying him $1,200 for everything plus $100 vendor fee. You are booking through him and don't have to pay the vendor fee? Sorry, i'm so confused!

Quote:
THANK YOU!! I'm going to have to look into this!
The sashes are not heavy at all and they will fit in the luggage with no problems. We are going to ask the resort to return them after the wedding so we can sell them. They better do that. Lol.