Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
haha, i GUESS you did - 2460 posts!? look at you go! :) aside from not being able to open attachements, i don't know that i'm really missing out on much so i'm not too concerned. is there something more that i'm missing out on?
haha there are so plenty topics here on BDW and plus i participate in the shoutbox thread which is like a chat with other ladies so that's why my posts are up there! =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that a guest of ours, who is having to book at the Gran Porto due to no availability at the royal, called the resort yesterday to get prices. She spoke to someone about prices for day passes (to the royal) and told them the whole situation with our wedding and whatnot. The person on the phone gave them a price of 20$ a day to come to the royal. This is WAY cheaper than the prices I've received from the WC's and that I've seen on here. Maybe the trick is to call the resort directly to get the information and prices that you need. Now, the other problem. The Gran Porto is almost completely booked the week of our wedding, too! sad.gif
Thats GREAT. Thanks for the info-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
What is everyone doing for their tables?? Just numbers or are you naming them? I ahev been mulling on this for awhile now and I think we are going to name the tables after different oceans and bodies of water that we have vacationed on together- i.e. Sea of Cortez, Florida Keys, etc....

Too cheesy or no?
We're just going to do the regular numbers. I don't think that is cheesy at all!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
What is everyone doing for their tables?? Just numbers or are you naming them? I ahev been mulling on this for awhile now and I think we are going to name the tables after different oceans and bodies of water that we have vacationed on together- i.e. Sea of Cortez, Florida Keys, etc....

Too cheesy or no?
i like the idea of personalizing the tables. it would be fun to have a picture of you guys or a souvenier from each place on the corresponding table!

we are such a small group that i think we'll only have 2-3 tables, so i think the placecards to show entree selections should be sufficient. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Hey ladies, I feel like I've been so absent lately!!
Does anybody know, how do the cocktails work for the reception? Do they have a bar set up right there and is there a limited assortment of drinks? I'm making my menu right now and wanted to include a "signature drink". Taking a fun poll. . . anybody else have a signature drink and what is it?
i LOVE the idea of a signature cocktail! we'll have to come up with something. sex on the beach? wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i like the idea of personalizing the tables. it would be fun to have a picture of you guys or a souvenier from each place on the corresponding table!

we are such a small group that i think we'll only have 2-3 tables, so i think the placecards to show entree selections should be sufficient. :)
Oh, I like that idea- Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Im just doing placecards too! I don't like the idea of telling people where to sit since it is a DW. If this were back home I would def have assigned seating at the reception.

 

dianep- sex on the beach. . I love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
Hey ladies, just wanted to pop in for a quick sec and upload the new resort map I found on playa.info. I think LynnieS posted the resort fact sheet awhile back (sorry if it was someone else worried2.gif), but this one is a lot clearer and all by itself.
Thanks for the map! In the DIY forum, one bride put the map on the front of a postcard and put the agenda for the weekend on the bag. She was putting them in her OOT bags. So cool!

Our group is so small (so far) that I'm not doing any numbers.

I love the sex on the beach ;-)

Ladies, do you all have any guests who are nervous about the violence in Mexico? One of my BM (a very close cousin) told me she wasn't gonna make it because of the violence! I'm so pissed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by msglave View Post
Thanks for the map! In the DIY forum, one bride put the map on the front of a postcard and put the agenda for the weekend on the bag. She was putting them in her OOT bags. So cool!

Our group is so small (so far) that I'm not doing any numbers.

I love the sex on the beach ;-)

Ladies, do you all have any guests who are nervous about the violence in Mexico? One of my BM (a very close cousin) told me she wasn't gonna make it because of the violence! I'm so pissed!
Yeah, I agree. I'm not doing numbers on the tables either. They are all grown adults and can choose where they want to sit on their own. Our group is relatively small, so there shouldn't be any problems.

As far as the violence, that's like saying you're not going to visit California because the violence in New York is too bad. (Some people disagree with my theory of this, but..) Those places are SOOO far apart. The violence is at the border, not in the Americanized tourist cities. As long as she exercises caution and doesn't roam around PDC's alley ways at night alone then she will be fine. LOL Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×