Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Day Pass rate for Royal...It is insane..I was speechless...when I saw the rate..so make sure all your guest stay at a Real resort!

THE ROYAL in Playa Del Carmen-Day Passes

9am – 5pm $85

12pm – 5pm $65

5pm – 11pm $85

9am – 11pm $145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Hi ladies I have a silly question. For the ceremony to you do assigned seating? Or do you just reserve the first few rows and mark those seats for father of the bride and so on?
I thought about doing this. Sometimes, people don't think and they sit in the front! Maybe I could assign someone to usher people in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
Day Pass rate for Royal...It is insane..I was speechless...when I saw the rate..so make sure all your guest stay at a Real resort!
THE ROYAL in Playa Del Carmen-Day Passes

9am – 5pm $85

12pm – 5pm $65

5pm – 11pm $85

9am – 11pm $145
Yeah, they're crazy. THere are also discounted prices for wedding party of the day of the wedding.

i'm still waiting for a response from angie to figure out my reception site (mind you, i'm 46 days out, so my final payment is supposedly due tomorrow. i can't even get enough info to complete my checklist!). i've started cc-ing carole on my e-mails, which i did yesterday to prompt angie for a response.

since i have no info, i'm wondering if those of you can tell me about the rooms at the royal. last week angie said there was space at the royal (but not at the beach, of course) for a private reception. did any of you ladies see these rooms? do they at least have ocean views or patio doors that open up to the ocean?

i am soooo frustrated at the lack of answers. i just want to get this thing planned! we're only having a dozen guests - how difficult can it be to find space for such a small group on the ginormous beach? thanks to all for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i'm still waiting for a response from angie to figure out my reception site (mind you, i'm 46 days out, so my final payment is supposedly due tomorrow. i can't even get enough info to complete my checklist!). i've started cc-ing carole on my e-mails, which i did yesterday to prompt angie for a response.

since i have no info, i'm wondering if those of you can tell me about the rooms at the royal. last week angie said there was space at the royal (but not at the beach, of course) for a private reception. did any of you ladies see these rooms? do they at least have ocean views or patio doors that open up to the ocean?

i am soooo frustrated at the lack of answers. i just want to get this thing planned! we're only having a dozen guests - how difficult can it be to find space for such a small group on the ginormous beach? thanks to all for your help.
I am really sorry that you are having difficulties with her. Maybe you should start calling everyday until she gives you what you need!!

As far i know, there are oceanfront rooms which is a beachfront room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I am really sorry that you are having difficulties with her. Maybe you should start calling everyday until she gives you what you need!!

As far i know, there are oceanfront rooms which is a beachfront room.
thanks lady di. it helps to know that, even if we can't be ON the water that we would at least be able to SEE the sand and the ocean.

on the plus side, i would feel more comfortable having the (melty) tres leches cake if we're in a room with AC!

Yeah, they're crazy. THere are also discounted prices for wedding party of the day of the wedding.

One of my BMs is staying at the Gran Porto. I am having Fernando do hair and makeup for myself, MOH and BMs in my room at the Royal. Do I have to pay for a day pass for her to come to my room to get ready? If so, do you know what the discounted rates are for the wedding party? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post

One of my BMs is staying at the Gran Porto. I am having Fernando do hair and makeup for myself, MOH and BMs in my room at the Royal. Do I have to pay for a day pass for her to come to my room to get ready? If so, do you know what the discounted rates are for the wedding party? Thanks!
Yep, unless she comes 30 minutes before the ceremony then no day pass needed.

Sorry, prettypigpig posted the discount rates. Yikes. Didn't realize how expensive they are for The Royal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Yep, unless she comes 30 minutes before the ceremony then no day pass needed.

Sorry, prettypigpig posted the discount rates. Yikes. Didn't realize how expensive they are for The Royal!
Thanks!

That sucks!!! But what can I do. It is so frustrating that this resort charges for absolutely every little thing!!! I thought having a DW would be less money than a wedding at home but with all the extras adding up quickly that doesn't seem to be true anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
Thanks!

That sucks!!! But what can I do. It is so frustrating that this resort charges for absolutely every little thing!!! I thought having a DW would be less money than a wedding at home but with all the extras adding up quickly that doesn't seem to be true anymore.
You are so right! I just stopped tracking every spending because i'm already over 10k and that doesnt even include our photographer, resort and trip. Bah! Oh well! I tell myself that it is still cheaper because we have a lot of family/friends back home.

Are you ladies staying in same room as FI the night before wedding? Part of me wants to sleep in a different room to add to the whole suspense of seeing each other, but then part of me doesnt because I will not sleep as well (and who wants added bags to eyes lol)?

I also dont want to pay extra ...guess i have time to figure it out.

Jess, regarding the seating for reception, I will most likely either have one of my brothers act as an usher, or put one of these on the front chairs:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have also considered maybe having mom and dad seats IN the gazebo for me and FI on each side so that they will be comfortable and have special status. Also because 3 of our 4 parents have had open heart surgeries and may not withstand the sun very well....still pondering this.