ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Diane here are my recommendations based on our site visit

FOR PRIVATE AND SEMI-PRIVATE RECEPTION

SALADS

Royal seafood salad perfumed with plum & peach oil (SP-1)

Was very fishy and the one we had was infused with jasmin, the presentation is amazing but it did not taste that great

Avocado stuffed with crab pulp au fresh dill vinaigrette (SP-2)

This one the dill

very over powering but again beautiful presentation

Spinach soufflé with blueberry sauce au white wine flavor (SP-3)

I think this is the best choice, fish can be hard not everyone likes it

MAIN COURSES

Shrimps au sherry served with jambalaya rice (SP-1)

Red snapper Fantasy stuffed with seafood & black caviar cream (SP-2)

Beef fillet tournedo with fresh wild mushrooms sauce (SP-3)

The beef was cooked perfectly, presentation was amazing def! go with this one, you will love it, again the other ones are just tough because the majority may not like it

DESSERTS

Baked pear stuffed with almond mousse (SP-1)

Paris chocolate shell stuffed with fruit au white Cinzano flavor (SP-2)

The chocolate shell is amazing, they make it all right than and there. I can't remember where my presentation is but I have a link to pictures and this is one of them. It was an amazing dessert and would go perfectly with cake.

Cannoli trio stuffed with praline & raspberry coulis (SP-3)

here is the link for pics from my site visit - http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...bbd47cbb382743

hope this helps :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
What is everyone doing for shoes?? We are doing the barefoot on the beach thing, so I am planning on wearing flat sandals at the reception. I have been looking for sparkly sandals for months now!! Any suggestions?
I just bought these new $475 Santini Mavardi pink rhinestone sandals for $75 on an auction site! Wooohooo! Now eyeing the white Jimmy Choos. LOL

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Hi Diane here are my recommendations based on our site visit
FOR PRIVATE AND SEMI-PRIVATE RECEPTION

SALADS
Royal seafood salad perfumed with plum & peach oil (SP-1)
Was very fishy and the one we had was infused with jasmin, the presentation is amazing but it did not taste that great
Avocado stuffed with crab pulp au fresh dill vinaigrette (SP-2)
This one the dill
very over powering but again beautiful presentation

Spinach soufflé with blueberry sauce au white wine flavor (SP-3)
I think this is the best choice, fish can be hard not everyone likes it

MAIN COURSES
Shrimps au sherry served with jambalaya rice (SP-1)
Red snapper Fantasy stuffed with seafood & black caviar cream (SP-2)
Beef fillet tournedo with fresh wild mushrooms sauce (SP-3)
The beef was cooked perfectly, presentation was amazing def! go with this one, you will love it, again the other ones are just tough because the majority may not like it

DESSERTS
Baked pear stuffed with almond mousse (SP-1)
Paris chocolate shell stuffed with fruit au white Cinzano flavor (SP-2)
The chocolate shell is amazing, they make it all right than and there. I can't remember where my presentation is but I have a link to pictures and this is one of them. It was an amazing dessert and would go perfectly with cake.
Cannoli trio stuffed with praline & raspberry coulis (SP-3)

here is the link for pics from my site visit - http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...bbd47cbb382743

hope this helps :)
WOW!good review, thx for the info. Do you have to arrange anything with WC to have an onsite tasting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
WOW!good review, thx for the info. Do you have to arrange anything with WC to have an onsite tasting?
Yes you do need to arrange it. It was nice because they messed up on our time lol so when we went we were the only ones there the restaurant was still closed. The service was unbelievable and we had a really nice bottle of wine that they gave us complimentary.

For shoes I bought white Italian satin peep to pumps by Cole Haan on Neiman & Marcus - I am on still on the hunt for Rhine stone shoe clips that I am going to add to them

Since our ceremony and cocktail hour is at the gazebo followed by our reception at Kool I splurged on heels :) if I was on the sand or grass I would have done sandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
I can't get the image to load how do you guys get your images to show up in your posts?
You have to host them on another site (like photobucket) and then click the photo icon (circled in pink below), and add the website address where the image can be found.