Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly123 View Post
Hey Ladies,
You can contact Paty Ulloa she is the wedding manager for the resorts in Mexico. Her email is pulloa@realresorts.com. She may be able to help you with your complaints concerning the Michigan offices. She used to handle all of the weddings before they hired Carole Cohen to run the wedding sales office in Michigan.
thanks! i am on day #10 or #11 of waiting for a response from angie. i cc'd carole last night, asking if angie is on vacation. if i don't hear back from THAT within another day or so, i just might have to try this contact. fingers crossed...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad because I just got a bit upset (but rightfully so) with Aja. She is telling me and my guests the Gran (my wedding location) is booked. However, when I go online to the Gran's website, i can book a room no problem!

 

Here's the deal.....apparently, the girls in Michigan only have a limited number of rooms they can book at their special rates, so when that books out they refer people to the sister resort 10 minutes away and book them there instead of referring them to the Gran's Hotel Reservations line or hotel website! Argh!

 

It must be a commission based booking for them. I mean WHY wouldn't they understand that all my guests WANT to stay in the same hotel as us? Grr......

 

So be forewarned. Just because they say the rooms are all booked, doesn't mean the ENTIRE hotel is booked. Check online first or call the 1-800 number for the Hotel itself and book under your wedding name. Basically, the WC office almost like a travel agency. They only get a certain number of deals and they want the credit for all the rooms they can book. No wonder they are sooooo adamant that ALL your guests book through them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR View Post
I feel bad because I just got a bit upset (but rightfully so) with Aja. She is telling me and my guests the Gran (my wedding location) is booked. However, when I go online to the Gran's website, i can book a room no problem!

Here's the deal.....apparently, the girls in Michigan only have a limited number of rooms they can book at their special rates, so when that books out they refer people to the sister resort 10 minutes away and book them there instead of referring them to the Gran's Hotel Reservations line or hotel website! Argh!

It must be a commission based booking for them. I mean WHY wouldn't they understand that all my guests WANT to stay in the same hotel as us? Grr......

So be forewarned. Just because they say the rooms are all booked, doesn't mean the ENTIRE hotel is booked. Check online first or call the 1-800 number for the Hotel itself and book under your wedding name. Basically, the WC office almost like a travel agency. They only get a certain number of deals and they want the credit for all the rooms they can book. No wonder they are sooooo adamant that ALL your guests book through them.
yes the girls in Michigan work on a commission basis. They do however get updated information on room availability directly from the resort. Maybe it is just a room category that is booked and not the entire resort. They can usually get you a better price than what the website is listing, because they have net rates and want to make commission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR View Post
I feel bad because I just got a bit upset (but rightfully so) with Aja. She is telling me and my guests the Gran (my wedding location) is booked. However, when I go online to the Gran's website, i can book a room no problem!

Here's the deal.....apparently, the girls in Michigan only have a limited number of rooms they can book at their special rates, so when that books out they refer people to the sister resort 10 minutes away and book them there instead of referring them to the Gran's Hotel Reservations line or hotel website! Argh!

It must be a commission based booking for them. I mean WHY wouldn't they understand that all my guests WANT to stay in the same hotel as us? Grr......

So be forewarned. Just because they say the rooms are all booked, doesn't mean the ENTIRE hotel is booked. Check online first or call the 1-800 number for the Hotel itself and book under your wedding name. Basically, the WC office almost like a travel agency. They only get a certain number of deals and they want the credit for all the rooms they can book. No wonder they are sooooo adamant that ALL your guests book through them.
Yeah she was a bit snippy with me in her e-mail today. I also had that problem with her when she told me that they were booked but the website wasn't. Now, though, the entire resort shows that it's booked the week of our wedding on the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly123 View Post
yes the girls in Michigan work on a commission basis. They do however get updated information on room availability directly from the resort. Maybe it is just a room category that is booked and not the entire resort. They can usually get you a better price than what the website is listing, because they have net rates and want to make commission.


fyi All the times I looked at prices I was able to find cheaper rates on third party booking sites. None of our guests booked through the Michigan wc's or the Royal website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
i have them! steph, you know i always have everything! lol will email you and shirley.
Thank you so much! I hate the cakes, haha. I wanted to pay to upgrade for one of the couture cakes, but only 2 layers, but was told that it would be the same price, whether or not i got the 2 or 3 layers. I am not sure I want to pay 180 dollars for a 2 layer cake, and I also don't want enough cake to feed 150 people when we're only having 40 of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Ken View Post
Thank you so much! I hate the cakes, haha. I wanted to pay to upgrade for one of the couture cakes, but only 2 layers, but was told that it would be the same price, whether or not i got the 2 or 3 layers. I am not sure I want to pay 180 dollars for a 2 layer cake, and I also don't want enough cake to feed 150 people when we're only having 40 of us!

I know! I wanted to upgrade too but with our tiny little party I am just going to settle for one of those... at least there is a choice of ugly now- before there was only one design! lol. I may go all out and choose the one with the seashells - might as well! wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by louise_pernell View Post
fyi All the times I looked at prices I was able to find cheaper rates on third party booking sites. None of our guests booked through the Michigan wc's or the Royal website.
yeah we actually saved like 700$ a couple by booking through expedia. It was the cheapest price we found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for you ladies re: the OOT bags. Do you know if the Royal is pretty cool about putting them into your guests' rooms for you before they check-in? Just wondering if anyone was aware of how that process works exactly. I am making litle tags to attach to my totes with each couple (or single person)'s name, but it just occurred to me that I may need to label it in some other way (like with some more specific than "To Mom and Dad", ha) for the hotel to do their thing.

 

Just realized that I leave for Playa in six weeks - eek!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeBeckyP View Post
Question for you ladies re: the OOT bags. Do you know if the Royal is pretty cool about putting them into your guests' rooms for you before they check-in? Just wondering if anyone was aware of how that process works exactly. I am making litle tags to attach to my totes with each couple (or single person)'s name, but it just occurred to me that I may need to label it in some other way (like with some more specific than "To Mom and Dad", ha) for the hotel to do their thing.

Just realized that I leave for Playa in six weeks - eek!
At one point Angie told me they charge $5 per welcome bag - not sure if that is to have them delivered to the room or is just to have them waiting at check-in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×