Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlyn8984 View Post
jesmcan,

i was wondering if you tried the cheesecake with chocolate when you did your site visit? i feel so out of the loop since i don't get to do a site visit sad.gif so i am just relying on you girls opinions!
Hi no I'm sorry we did not. I can tell you though from past experience cheese cake in mexico is not that good. It is not like cheese cake here in America. We don't like chocolate either so thats why we liked the chocolate shell because it had a balance with the mascarpone cream. I would go with chocolate. I mean its hard to get chocolate wrong lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post


I know how you feel- you want to be cool, but at some point, you HAVE to have some information in order to move forward in your planning.



.
I literally had NOTHING until yesterday. I finally got menus and all that good stuff. *sigh* Just trying to hang in there. I was in tears because of all this and it shouldn't be that way. Planning a wedding should fun!! woot.gif



SO speaking of since I have no idea, when are all of our selections due? And I asked the WCs about this, but I want to bring some of my own decor for reception and ceremony, but does anyone know if you can bring seashells and sand? You know like the kind you can get in a bag from Michaels or Hobby Lobby? I wanted to do some kind of hurricane/sandbox looking thing on the tables but I don't even know if that's allowed.

Thanks!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1285 View Post
I literally had NOTHING until yesterday. I finally got menus and all that good stuff. *sigh* Just trying to hang in there. I was in tears because of all this and it shouldn't be that way. Planning a wedding should fun!! woot.gif



SO speaking of since I have no idea, when are all of our selections due? And I asked the WCs about this, but I want to bring some of my own decor for reception and ceremony, but does anyone know if you can bring seashells and sand? You know like the kind you can get in a bag from Michaels or Hobby Lobby? I wanted to do some kind of hurricane/sandbox looking thing on the tables but I don't even know if that's allowed.

Thanks!! :)
Your selections are due 45 days before...i hate that Angie sent you a bitchy email...its not even her place to do that. gosh!

i am bringing my own decorations and usually it is not allowed to bring seashells/sand to mexico but i am taking a risk by bringing a medium sized shell! ive seen that brides managed to sneak them in mexico so im hoping im one of the lucky ones. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlyn8984 View Post
do any of you girls know if the walmart there in PDC is the same as walmarts in the US?? also, do any of you know if i could find all yellow marracas while i am down there??
Hi Kenlyn not sure what you mean by if its the same? They carry Mexican brands and basically everything here in the US but in Mexican form lol they do have some American things as well.

You can find all yello maracas while you are there. My colors are green and yellow and when we went on our site visit there were tons of place that have every color. Especially yellow wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlyn8984 View Post
do any of you girls know if the walmart there in PDC is the same as walmarts in the US?? also, do any of you know if i could find all yellow marracas while i am down there??
the wal mart is pretty similar, but the mega is a better store.

as far as the maracas, you'll be able to find some in 5th avenue. i'm considering getting some there for favors or a part of some OOT bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
the wal mart is pretty similar, but the mega is a better store.

as far as the maracas, you'll be able to find some in 5th avenue. i'm considering getting some there for favors or a part of some OOT bags.
Good info. Does anyone happen to remember the price range of the maracas on 5th Ave if you have seen them there?
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
Good info. Does anyone happen to remember the price range of the maracas on 5th Ave if you have seen them there?
Thanks!
I remember reading somewhere on this forum that some are sold for just a dollar. Plus I think you can haggle with them there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×