ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Thank you. It can get tiring sending multiple emails so ladies, please be more active if you want to download any attachments. trust me, it is worth it because you get to download templates and etc.

Oh no, i never did a site visit. Ladies who did that may be able to answer your question.

Yuck! From what I know, did they always have construction??

We orginally decided on ipod but then we realized that our guests are coming all way down to Mexico to have fun so we decided to hire DJ Ivan Gomez so he can keep the party going on. I would hate to assign someone to do ipod duty. Fortunately, i booked him before the new policy went into effect.
Lady Di~
Yeah I read on here about their new outside vendor policy CRAP! ughhh so aggravating. SO that's why I really don't want to hire one now, we have almost max'd our budget! I definitely think it would be awesome though. I will probly do what Candice did with her man, put together an awesome lengthy playlist...keep it going all night long! :)
I am getting tooooooooooo excited!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Candice D~

Thanks! I would love to meet up with you girls sometime too!! We arrive on the 8th.. so we will have to plan some time to meet up! :) Yeah I am probly just going to do kinda the same thing you are with the Ipod situation, we are both way into music too..think we will just make a really awesome lengthy playlist and so we won't have to keep going and changing the song you know!? did you get the luxury pkg? we are getting that pkg, so ours comes with mariachi band, which we are prob gonna have them play at the cocktail party, and the pkg includes soloist (we want the harpist) for the ceremony. so we will just need the ipod for the reception. what are your colors?! and are you going with different menu options or the same for everyone!? i am sooo undecided on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
The champagne vs open bar at the cocktail hour is something that I've been wondering about for a while. From what past brides have said, they ended up with the full bar and some have mentioned hot apps without asking or paying more money. If you look back to 'TightyWhitey's' wedding review last May you can read her comments and see pics. I'm not sure what the experience has been from more recent brides. I also wouldn't want to pay even MORE money for an open bar when guests could literally walk a few feet and get a cocktail for FREE! Insane.

As for the welcome/rehearsal dinner...if you have a private event you can definitely choose a DIFFERENT menu option from the list of choices. You don't have to serve the same meal as at the wedding. You can also do a buffet to get the event a more casual and different feel than the wedding.
i agree with you on the whole open bar/champagne deal! that is rediculous to charge that much extra at an all inclusive resort when our guests are paying for their drinks in their rates. ughhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
I'm starting to worry with all of these changes that are happening at The Royal. I am 3 months away from my wedding and I'm starting to panic and stress.

Someone mentioned that there were only 15 rooms left. When is your wedding? I just spoke to my TA and she said that the Royal is almost filled. It looks like there are hardly any rooms left and I have yet to send out the invites.

Is anyone on here doing a at home reception when they get back? If so, what are you doing? I find it difficult to come up with ideas that don't cost me a fortune.
Hi! My wedding is in 3 months too! I can't wait! I have also been trying really hard not to be worried aout all the stuff going on down there and sticking with my it'll all work out in the end attitude :). So far everything has! My wedding is April 29th and we have 38 ppl booked but I havet heard anything from my TA about it being booked up and people are adding on everyday.

We are doing an AHR for 150 ppl at a hall. My maid of honour and I are incharge of decorating which is going to involve lots of DIY and borrowing. Also, the family that is going down south is helping make all the food (we are having a cocktails and appys reception) and the cake :).

Good luck with everyhting!

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
This is a thorn in the side! Ugh.

My TA will be helping me with any necessary paperwork for The Royal because her agency has permission to work with The Royal. She told me that someone will get back to me eventually and if not, her agency will take care of it. Ladies, if you do not have a TA, this is a perfect situation where you definitely need a TA!
Hi, I live here in Houston and I am in the very early stages of planning. Everyone keeps suggesting a TA. If you are happy with yours, I would love to find someone locally here in Houston. Would you mind sending me a PM with their infohuh.gif I would really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
You know I wonder what the policy is if rooms sell out at the Royal if we will still have to pay the non-resort guest price? I mean if the resort does not have enough rooms for our guests is that really our fault? uggggghhhh this is starting to get so aggravating.
I hope that won't be the case for us! sad.gif I'm curious about this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taapple View Post
Hi, I live here in Houston and I am in the very early stages of planning. Everyone keeps suggesting a TA. If you are happy with yours, I would love to find someone locally here in Houston. Would you mind sending me a PM with their infohuh.gif I would really appreciate it!
Hi, I got my TA from this forum and I recommend them! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenconrad View Post
Hi! My wedding is in 3 months too! I can't wait! I have also been trying really hard not to be worried aout all the stuff going on down there and sticking with my it'll all work out in the end attitude :). So far everything has! My wedding is April 29th and we have 38 ppl booked but I havet heard anything from my TA about it being booked up and people are adding on everyday.

We are doing an AHR for 150 ppl at a hall. My maid of honour and I are incharge of decorating which is going to involve lots of DIY and borrowing. Also, the family that is going down south is helping make all the food (we are having a cocktails and appys reception) and the cake :).

Good luck with everyhting!

Jen
Just to send an update...I contacted the resort and they said they couldn't give me an exact number of rooms that are left. Some sort of policy they have. But they said that they have a few of the lower grade rooms and a few of the oceanview left. That worried me a bit even though they said I would be fine. I called my TA and she looked it up for me. She said that there were only 12 rooms left!!!! She said that she reserved 4 until the end of January for us. I have more than 4 booking though! We are at about 30 I think now and we should have another 10. Either way she said the other rooms are available but it will be the higher grade rooms which means more $$$. So all of you ladies out there who have some time before your wedding comes, STRESS to your guests that they need to book early because this resort is VERY popular!

I decided to do the AHR. It will be somewhere around 200 showing. I am doing it at a picnic ground. We are just going to decorate everything in a vintage style and get a photobooth, etc. It's amazing how fast everything is adding up shots.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
I have my wedding booked for the day after yours! :) We have 16 rooms booked so far, but I don't expect anymore, 1 at most.

I am doing an AHR on May 22, which is just the following weekend as soon as we get back. We are having about 300 for the reception. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible while still making it nice. There is a big building in my hometown that is used for receptions. All the catering and music and alcohol has to be brought in. That is saving us a lot of money rather than using a hotel though. I got lucky and have a friend of the family that is a caterer, so it's only about $7 per person.

Speaking of invitations, how are you wording the bottom? Even though our family has already booked the trip I still want to send out formal invitations. I don't know how to word that the wedding is in the gazebo (as of now), and it's at the Royal Playa del Carmen in Playa del Carmen. Do I put Mexico? Or Riviera Maya? Or just call it The Royal, without the PDC afterwards? I have all of the other wording figured out, just not the location part.

~Ashley
We are doing passport invitations and on them under location we are putting "The Royal, Playa Del Carmen".

Quote:
Just to send an update...I contacted the resort and they said they couldn't give me an exact number of rooms that are left. Some sort of policy they have. But they said that they have a few of the lower grade rooms and a few of the oceanview left. That worried me a bit even though they said I would be fine. I called my TA and she looked it up for me. She said that there were only 12 rooms left!!!! She said that she reserved 4 until the end of January for us. I have more than 4 booking though! We are at about 30 I think now and we should have another 10. Either way she said the other rooms are available but it will be the higher grade rooms which means more $$$. So all of you ladies out there who have some time before your wedding comes, STRESS to your guests that they need to book early because this resort is VERY popular!

I decided to do the AHR. It will be somewhere around 200 showing. I am doing it at a picnic ground. We are just going to decorate everything in a vintage style and get a photobooth, etc. It's amazing how fast everything is adding up shots.gif
Oh, wow. I would assume that my weekend will be sold out as well..I am getting married the weekend after yours. At least, if your guests book early then you have a good idea of how many are coming for OOT purposes and etc.

Quote:
We are doing passport invitations and on them under location we are putting "The Royal, Playa Del Carmen".
Me too!