Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi&alex View Post
Shay, I'm so sorry! I was looking at the Royal wedding packages on their site the other night and they sure have gone up in price...
I know, right?! I can't believe it. This is the problem with not having a signed contract...they can just up the prices, and even though you have entered into discussions about how the day will be...there is nothing you can do.

I'm just really frustrated...

Quote:
and to not allow outside photographers!!! That is not going to go over well with future brides at all!
It is DEFINITELY not going over well with me. Have you seen the photography the hotel guy offers? It's not the quality we here at BDW have come to expect!! AND...they charge a freakin fortune for that too...I want the professional I picked...

Quote:
I hope your day looks up and that you hear something positive back from Michaela...
Thank you for being here to help me vent. I'm at work, and can't really focus on anything...I want to cry...but...what good will that do?!

Wah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay2679 View Post
I know, right?! I can't believe it. This is the problem with not having a signed contract...they can just up the prices, and even though you have entered into discussions about how the day will be...there is nothing you can do.
You think, though, that they should honor the prices they first told you - especially if you've already booked your date.
Let us know when you hear back from Michaela... crossing my fingers for you to hear something positive... big hug your way!

I can't believe that! I am planning on having an associate from Del Sol Photography... and if they won't let us have outside photographers then we'll have to find a new location... that's ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriswim View Post
I feel like they really should honor the prices when we booked! Now i am freaking out! OMG!
I have just heard from Micaela. They are going to honor the package price that was posted when we booked our date. As for the photographer, so far, she apologized, but, their policies have changed, and there are no longer outside vendors allowed. She seems like such a sweet lady, so I'm hoping that she will think of something!

I'm happy about the price...

MEE TOO- B/c although i am getting married at the royal my reception is at the Gran... Micalea is my WC too!!!!!!!!! I was going to use one of their photoghers..oukr good friend is an awesome photographer so he is going to take a lot of pictures for us too! Sometimes his are better than what the photographer takes!! :-) Woot.

Heidi, Did you get a group discount when you reserved all the rooms at the resort? Alex told me they did this, but micaela just emailed me back today and said no.HUMMhuh.gif?.....

Hi Girls,

Yay, I'm so happy for you that they're honoring the rate they initially had when you booked! Honestly, Zulma and Michaela are the sweetest, and I couldn't have seen them doing otherwise (unless coming from above)... Shay, hopefully Michaela will be able to do something about the outside photographer...

Kriswim, we didn't do group rates for rooms - we made it easy for ourselves and everyone just did their own bookings (plus in Canada and Germany where our group was coming from we do package deals with air and hotel included together and not separately as in the States).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriswim View Post
MEE TOO- B/c although i am getting married at the royal my reception is at the Gran... Micalea is my WC too!!!!!!!!! I was going to use one of their photoghers..oukr good friend is an awesome photographer so he is going to take a lot of pictures for us too! Sometimes his are better than what the photographer takes!! :-) Woot.
Heidi, Did you get a group discount when you reserved all the rooms at the resort? Alex told me they did this, but micaela just emailed me back today and said no.HUMMhuh.gif?.....
I emailed with the reservation people and they give discounts for groups of 10 or more. The discount was not substantial by any means; I think we got a better group discount through the travel agent. Mine was for the Gran Porto though. If you want to book through the hotel directly, just call their reservations line to find out. Or PM me if you want the email of the reservations guy that I spoke to there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay2679 View Post
I have just heard from Micaela. They are going to honor the package price that was posted when we booked our date. As for the photographer, so far, she apologized, but, their policies have changed, and there are no longer outside vendors allowed. She seems like such a sweet lady, so I'm hoping that she will think of something!

I'm happy about the price...
That really sucks about the no outside vendor rule! Is it just for photographers or ALL vendors? Do you know how the hotel photographer is? Are you able to see a portfolio or anything? I wonder if they have just one photographer or a bunch that they choose from.

It's very professional of them to honour the previous prices! I'm rather upset about their new outside vendor policy...for some reason the work of mos tresort photographers seems to be a bit sub-par for wedding photography!

I'm sure things will sort themselves out :)