Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Lady Di- Last I heard and was told is that there are no changing/opting out/refunds for any of the packages. So if you don't use something then thats up to you but you can't get any money back or anything. Which sucks I know!
Well, that definitely sucks! I hope they are good with makeup or I'll re-do it myself! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsontco View Post
Jes... I think there is a MAC store right down the street from The Royal. I think I am planning to set an appointment with them on my wedding day instead of using the Resort. Just a thought. I think I am going to go to the MAC store here in Houston for a trial and then set up an appointment through them with the store in Playa.
OMG you just made my day!! I am p lanning to do the same thing, let me know if you end up doing it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutti1299 View Post
Does anyone happen to know what time in May it gets dark? I have a cool idea for my centerpieces, etc. I guess it would have to be somewhat dark though because they glow. My reception is at 5pm. Any help will be appreciated!
Hey Tutti, in may the sunsets around 7 -8. Hope this helps it sounds like your thinking of a creally cool idea.

Hi Lady Di - I know it really sucks they do not refund anything. The make up and hair are included in my package to. I thought about doing a trial but you pay for it. So I figured I may as well do it my own way rather than take the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Hi Lady Di - I know it really sucks they do not refund anything. The make up and hair are included in my package to. I thought about doing a trial but you pay for it. So I figured I may as well do it my own way rather than take the risk.
I have seen that some of girls who had their hair/makeup done were happy with the results so maybe that will be the case for us! I am pretty good with my makeup so I will be okay in that dept but not sure about my hair. I could just keep it simple.

BTW, I love M.A.C. products. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I have seen that some of girls who had their hair/makeup done were happy with the results so maybe that will be the case for us! I am pretty good with my makeup so I will be okay in that dept but not sure about my hair. I could just keep it simple.

You are right it is a pretty mixed bag on happy and not happy. I think it depends how your hair hold up in the humidity :) I am going on to Playa this November and I am going to try some diffrent things with my hair to see how it holds up :)

Ya loooveeeee M.A.C to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post

I know... I think another option for me is to have a trial done at home with a MAC store and then purchase the necessary items. Since my make-up is included in my package too - I might just have them use my own new MAC makeup instead of using theirs.... just a thought... I have been told too that if you bring really good pictures of what you want - hair and make-up that they are pretty good and following the pictures... so, that is another way to prepare for it..... Too many details to remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post
Hi Shirley! I'm getting married at The Royal PDC October 9th 2010 :) Wonder if there's anything I can leave there for you to use if you need it. Not sure what that could be but if you think of anything let me know. How many guest are you having? What are your colors?
That would be amazing! What are you doing for center pieces? I am having a hard time deciding, especially beacuse the day is so far away now. I think that we are aiming for 40-50 guests, but that can change so much with destination weddings. Our colours are in the reds. What about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsontco View Post
I know... I think another option for me is to have a trial done at home with a MAC store and then purchase the necessary items. Since my make-up is included in my package too - I might just have them use my own new MAC makeup instead of using theirs.... just a thought... I have been told too that if you bring really good pictures of what you want - hair and make-up that they are pretty good and following the pictures... so, that is another way to prepare for it..... Too many details to remember!
That is a great idea! I could purchase foundation for the girls and have them to do their makeup but i don't know how well some of them can do their makeup. I' m not sure if I will have time to help all of them. I do have a friend who is a makeup artist but she told me I was cheap when i offered to pay her $50 per person when the resort is charging $60 per person lol...i don't know if she will come to the wedding, anyway!

To all Brides -

What Colors is everyone using as their wedding colors?

I am thinking of having my bridesmaids dresses in turquoise but not sure if thats too matchy matchy with the ocean. Also can't decide what color would compliment turquoise as far as their bouquets and other decorations at the reception ...would love to hear what colors other brides are doing.

or if anyone has suggestons what i could match with turquoise, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Adriana